Thread: Chris Christie: I was so wrong! , Urges Americans to wear masks

Exclamation Chris Christie: I was so wrong! , Urges Americans to wear masks

CHRISTIE'S COVID WARNING:
    I WAS SO WRONG!

Chris Christie says he was in ICU for 7 days battling Covid-19, urges Americans to wear masks

"As a former public official, I believe we have not treated Americans as adults, who understand truth, sacrifice and responsibility," Christie said in a statement.

Chris Christie, from center, talks with guests in the Rose Garden after President Donald Trump introduced 7th U.S. Circuit Court Judge Amy Coney Barrett, 48, as his nominee to the Supreme Court at the White House on Sept. 26, 2020.Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images file
    Oct. 15, 2020, 6:43 PM EDT / Updated Oct. 15, 2020, 7:02 PM EDT
    By Dareh Gregorian
    Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Thursday urged Americans to wear masks to fight the coronavirus that put him in intensive care for seven days, and warned the virus is "something to take very seriously."
    Christie was one of a number of people with ties to the White House who tested positive for the coronavirus at around the same time as President Donald Trump.
    "I believed that when I entered the White House grounds, that I had entered a safe zone, due to the testing that and I and many others underwent every day. I was wrong. I was wrong to not wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with the President and the rest of the team," Christie said in a statement obtained by NBC News.
    The government's top infectious disease doctor, Anthony Fauci, last week called the Rose Garden event, where few attendees wore masks, a "superspreader event."
    The longtime Trump ally said he's now recovered from his illness, and thanked his doctors and "the manufacturers of Remdesivir and the Eli Lilly monoclonal anti-body cocktail for giving me access to their extraordinary treatments. I am confident that all of those factors contributed to my good health today."
    Christie also appeared to distance himself from the president, who said he felt better that he's felt in decades after getting treated with a different antibody cocktail for the virus.
    "No one should be happy to get the virus and no one should be cavalier about being infected or infecting others," Christie said. "It is something to take very seriously. The ramifications are wildly random and potentially deadly."

He added that "as a former public official, I believe we have not treated Americans as adults, who understand truth, sacrifice and responsibility."
    "When you have seven days in isolation in an ICU though, you have time to do a lot of thinking," Christie said, advocating that people "follow CDC guidelines in public no matter where you are and wear a mask to protect yourself and others."
    "Every public official, regardless of party or position, should advocate for every American to wear a mask in public, appropriately socially distance and to wash your hands frequently every day. At the same time, we should be reopening in every corner of this nation under these guidelines," Christie said.
    "I believe that these two steps can bring our country together while our pharmaceutical companies invent the therapeutics and vaccines which will rid us of this virus," he added.
    "While we may seem very divided today, I do believe we can use this public health tragedy to bring us together. It is never too late to start," he said, but "It will take leadership that both challenges and trusts the American people."

Dareh Gregorian

nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/chris-christie-says-he-was-icu-7-days-battling-covid-n1243589

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    [SIZE=3][B][B][FONT=ARIAL][URL="https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/chris-christie-says-he-was-icu-7-days-battling-covid-n1243589"]
    "As a former public official, I believe we have not treated Americans as adults, who understand truth, sacrifice and responsibility," Christie said in a statement.
    Yeah, and he still is. If airborne transmission on the virus through micron-sized droplets is the concern then even the best mask is worthless. Back in the Ebola days the only measured considered worthwhile was PAPR.
    https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...otection-ebola
    We believe there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles both near and at a distance from infected patients, which means that healthcare workers should be wearing respirators, not facemasks.

The minimum level of protection in high-risk settings should be a respirator with an assigned protection factor greater than 10. A powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) with a hood or helmet offers many advantages over an N95 filtering facepiece or similar respirator, being more protective, comfortable, and cost-effective in the long run.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Yeah, and he still is. If airborne transmission on the virus through micron-sized droplets is the concern then even the best mask is worthless. Back in the Ebola days the only measured considered worthwhile was PAPR.
    I had thought the same, 30 corona viruses equal width of human hair.

But if all parties (both a spreader and potential victim) are wearing masks to combat airborne virus infection risk and observing reasonable social distancing, the level of exposure for potential victim should be significantly lower relatively. I'm thinking could such lower exposure serve as natural vaccination of sorts if potential victim maintains good health through proper diet, exercise and habits etc. I have no medical expertise but was wondering about this aspect based on little I know about artificial vaccination process.

If a 350-400 lb fat face $#@!ing slob like Christie can survive the coronavirus, what does that mean for the people that are young, physically fit, and in good shape?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

At best, he can only make this proclamation on behalf of other obese men pushing 60.

swinganamiss
    china 0
    fatboy 1
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

OP has been pushing face diapering for months now.

Anyone saying that "insisting on not wearing masks in the face of an airborne infectious disease ( or plague as Trump puts it) is standing up for "freedom" is about as smart as saying that "Iraqi Freedom War was to defend our way of life".
    Masks do not work.

We have known since the 1919 Spanish Flu epidemic that cloth masks do not protect in any significant way from transmission of airborne diseases.

The CDC has just released information from a new study showing roughly 85% of symptomatic COVID19 cases randomly sampled were contracted by people who regularly wore a mask.

It says, right on the $#@!ing boxes, of both cloth masks, surgical masks and N-95 masks that they do NOT protect in any way from transmission of diseases.

It is a symbol of compliance.

It is as ridiculous as government telling you, you must stand on your head every day at 3PM and jerk off, in order to prevent prostate cancer.

Masks are joke, a farce, a compliance condom, a fake, phony, fraudulent symbol of nothing more than your willingness to comply with government edicts, no matter how ridiculous.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-15-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The longtime Trump ally said he's now recovered from his illness, and thanked his doctors and "the manufacturers of Remdesivir and the Eli Lilly monoclonal anti-body cocktail for giving me access to their extraordinary treatments.
    I am guessing that Remdesivir doesn't really help. And it’s disappointing if he received an antibody therapy and still ended up in the hospital for a week. Wonder what would have happened if he had gotten the HCQ/Zinc/Zpac protocol instead?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump’s Surgeon General Says ‘Please, Please, Please’ Wear Mask
    June 30, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Masks are joke, a farce, a compliance condom, a fake, phony, fraudulent symbol of nothing more than your willingness to comply with government edicts, no matter how ridiculous.
    Strong statement.
    Would this by extension imply that those who advocate wearing masks are 'jokers, fake, phony' ?

Christie has serious pre existing conditions. He is morbidly obese and has asthma or some breathing difficulty. He is a textbook case of somebody who should have been taking steps to protect himself. Instead he wants a healthy person like myself to wear a mask? No thanks. This virus poses no risk to somebody like me.

Strong statement.
    Would this by extension imply that those who advocate wearing masks are 'jokers, fake, phony' ?
    If a pro masker is sincere, then they are simply wrong.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Some of the people who got sick at that event were wearing masks.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I am guessing that Remdesivir doesn't really help. And it’s disappointing if he received an antibody therapy and still ended up in the hospital for a week. Wonder what would have happened if he had gotten the HCQ/Zinc/Zpac protocol instead?
    Headlines today:

Covid: Remdesivir 'has little or no effect' on survival, says WHO

From a propaganda perspective, it’s looking like the vaccine manufacturers have more pull than Gilead (Remdesivir). They are pushing a “no treatments so vaccines are the only answer” angle.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I guess this is great news! This would mean that those miracle drugs that were only available to the rich and famous have no benefit for treating the virus. It also means that the virus is not such a big deal because many people even old or morbidly obese people recover in a short time without medicine not more effective than a placebo. This would add credence to Trump's narrative to not let the virus scare you.

I wonder that with Trump as well. I wish he would've stuck with that protocol, which he seemed to advocate, but he appeared to, instead, opt for plugging for his Big Pharma friends. Though, as I've said before, I think Trump is a high-powered mutant of some kind, and would've survived anyway, without much in the way of treatment,

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is as ridiculous as government telling you, you must stand on your head every day at 3PM and jerk off, in order to prevent prostate cancer.
    Well, I'm not sure it will prevent cancer, but I'll make a video of me executing this protocol if it will fetch me a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Some of the people who got sick at that event were wearing masks.
    Oh, Oh, Oh!... Pick me, pick me!

"Your mask protects me, and my mask protects you!" It's not a difficult concept!

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Christie has serious pre existing conditions. He is morbidly obese and has asthma or some breathing difficulty. He is a textbook case of somebody who should have been taking steps to protect himself. Instead he wants a healthy person like myself to wear a mask? No thanks. This virus poses no risk to somebody like me.
    My sister has all of these conditions even had some kind of respiratory infection, gets tested almost every week still she has not had covid. But she mostly does not wear a mask.

Christie's survival should tell everyone that the virus is not as bad as it seems.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Christie's survival should tell everyone that the virus is not as bad as it seems.
    Agree.

Note that in all of these high-profile positive tests, none of them have died, except for Herman Cain, and his comorbidities were such that he could have died any time without COVID being involved. Pretty much the case for most COVID deaths.

Example:

"He was young and healthy, and he died from COVID!"

Ignoring the fact that he was 52, obese, a smoker, a drinker and could have fallen over dead from a heart attack at any moment.

Example:

"He was young and healthy, and he died from COVID!"

Ignoring the fact that he was 52, obese, a smoker, a drinker and could have fallen over dead from a heart attack at any moment.
    Latest example:

COVID-DENIER DIES

Fitness Influencer, 33, who ‘thought Covid didn’t exist’ dies after catching the virus

Claudia Aoraha
    17 Oct 2020, 15:40
    A FITNESS influencer who thought Covid-19 didn't exist has died at the age of 33 after contracting the virus on a trip to Turkey.

Dmitriy Stuzhuk had been discharged from hospital in his native Ukraine after testing positive- but was rushed back and as his health rapidly deteriorated.

The fitness influencer has died at the age of 33

His ex-wife and mother to his children announce his sudden death on social mediaCredit: @stuzhuk_dmitriy To his one million subscribers, the 33-year-old appeared super-fit as he promoted sports and healthy living.
    But his ex-wife and mother of his three children, Sofia Stuzhuk, 25, who announced his death, said coronavirus had triggered heart complications.
    After becoming ill, he had posted to his fans: “I want to share how I got sick and to strongly warn everyone.

“I was one who thought that Covid does not exist…

“Until I got sick.”
    He told them: “COVID-19 IS NOT A SHORT-LIVED DISEASE! And it is heavy.”

Dmitriy woke up in Turkey with a swollen neck and breathing difficulties, he said.
    When he was back in Ukraine, he was tested positive and was hospitalised.
    “The hospital is completely filled with people, some of them being treated in corridors,” he posted.
    He showed how he needed an oxygen apparatus for breathing.
    After eight days he was permitted to leave his ward rather than remain in the overcrowded Kyiv hospital.

KILLER BUG

But after a few hours he was rushed back to hospital where Sofia said he was soon in a “grave condition” and “unconscious”.
    Sofia - who has five million followers - posted as he struggled for life: “Dima (Dmitriy) had problems with his cardiovascular system…
    ”His heart is not coping…”
    He suffered a clinical death but medics restarted his heart.
    She posted: “His state is extremely grave. No-one can do anything with this.

“I did everything I could so the father of my three children lives. But nothing depends on me now... "
    Then heartbroken Sofia announced his death.

The couple had three children David, Lola and Olivia. The youngest is just nine months old.

thesun.ie/news/6035707/influencer-covid-dies-virus-turkey/

But his ex-wife and mother of his three children, Sofia Stuzhuk, 25, who announced his death, said coronavirus had triggered heart complications
    You were saying?

Latest example:

COVID-DENIER DIES

Fitness Influencer, 33, who ‘thought Covid didn’t exist’ dies after catching the virus

Claudia Aoraha
    17 Oct 2020, 15:40
    A FITNESS influencer who thought Covid-19 didn't exist has died at the age of 33 after contracting the virus on a trip to Turkey.

Dmitriy Stuzhuk had been discharged from hospital in his native Ukraine after testing positive- but was rushed back and as his health rapidly deteriorated.

The fitness influencer has died at the age of 33

His ex-wife and mother to his children announce his sudden death on social mediaCredit: @stuzhuk_dmitriy To his one million subscribers, the 33-year-old appeared super-fit as he promoted sports and healthy living.
    But his ex-wife and mother of his three children, Sofia Stuzhuk, 25, who announced his death, said coronavirus had triggered heart complications.
    After becoming ill, he had posted to his fans: “I want to share how I got sick and to strongly warn everyone.

“I was one who thought that Covid does not exist…

“Until I got sick.”
    He told them: “COVID-19 IS NOT A SHORT-LIVED DISEASE! And it is heavy.”

Dmitriy woke up in Turkey with a swollen neck and breathing difficulties, he said.
    When he was back in Ukraine, he was tested positive and was hospitalised.
    “The hospital is completely filled with people, some of them being treated in corridors,” he posted.
    He showed how he needed an oxygen apparatus for breathing.
    After eight days he was permitted to leave his ward rather than remain in the overcrowded Kyiv hospital.

KILLER BUG

But after a few hours he was rushed back to hospital where Sofia said he was soon in a “grave condition” and “unconscious”.
    Sofia - who has five million followers - posted as he struggled for life: “Dima (Dmitriy) had problems with his cardiovascular system…
    ”His heart is not coping…”
    He suffered a clinical death but medics restarted his heart.
    She posted: “His state is extremely grave. No-one can do anything with this.

“I did everything I could so the father of my three children lives. But nothing depends on me now... "
    Then heartbroken Sofia announced his death.

The couple had three children David, Lola and Olivia. The youngest is just nine months old.

thesun.ie/news/6035707/influencer-covid-dies-virus-turkey/
    Fear propaganda, or 30 year olds never had heart attacks before 2020. Your mask propaganda is ridiculous.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You were saying?
    Yes, corona virus and not the most likely steroid use caused his heart attack. Some people will never get it.

In latest example, media reports have at least reported underlying conditions:

Airline passenger dies of COVID-19 on plane

Woman was flying from Arizona to Dallas

Chris McGinnis, SFGATE
    Oct. 20, 2020Updated: Oct. 20, 2020

It was only a few months ago that U.S. airlines cracked down on their requirement that all passengers wear masks in flight.

A newly reported case in Texas could be the first instance of an airline passenger dying of COVID-19 on a flight.
    Although the incident happened in July, it was only this week that Dallas County officials confirmed the cause of death was COVID-19.
    According to a report from Dallas County Health and Human Services, the victim was a woman in her 30s – a resident of Garland, Texas — who was traveling from Arizona to Dallas on July 25. “She expired on an interstate airline flight, and did have underlying high risk health conditions,” the agency said.
    The report didn’t identify the airline involved, or the airports where the woman departed and arrived.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins told the local NBC TV affiliate that the woman was having trouble breathing, and after the plane had landed, “they tried to give her oxygen. It was not successful, and she died on the jetway,” Jenkins said in an interview.
    It was unclear whether the woman knew she had the disease when she boarded. Major airlines began requiring passengers to wear face masks on board in May, but it wasn’t until more than two months later that they really started to crack down on violators after too many complaints and online videos from travelers showing that the rule often wasn’t enforced.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...s-15662231.php