Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon of the Day

Cartoon of the Day

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Biden has made all of these statements on camera, but I'm sure some KKK members have made these statements as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Biden has made all of these statements on camera, but I'm sure some KKK members have made these statements as well.
    Like his good friend Robert Byrd.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Such a shame. Swift spent the majority of her career never talking about politics and I had respect for her because of that. Though my gut feeling always told me she was a leftist.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I love how Garrison genuinely bought into the idea that the space invader tattoo on that guy's arm is some kind of antifa symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I love how Garrison genuinely bought into the idea that the space invader tattoo on that guy's arm is some kind of antifa symbol.

Last edited by dannno; 10-19-2020 at 11:19 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I love how you continually prove yourself to be an idiot.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I love how you continually prove yourself to be an idiot.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That's honestly what you took away from that?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hahaha, man, of course you believe that.

Are you saying that a small Antifa group in Austria can make some stickers and that suddenly changes the meaning of a universally recognizable symbol from one thing to another thing?

Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's honestly what you took away from that?
    Yes. The whole premise of the cartoon is that the guy was antifa affiliated, and the only evidence for that is a space invaders tattoo. No tattoo, no cartoon.
    Pinochet is the model

Yes. The whole premise of the cartoon is that the guy was antifa affiliated, and the only evidence for that is a space invaders tattoo. No tattoo, no cartoon.
    The tattoo positively identified the shooter, who has a history of supporting and being active in leftist causes, including OWS and BLM.

I'd never heard of the Space Invaders = AntiFa trope. The above explanation, that's what I took it to mean.

But it appears that there is some kind of tenuous link between the two, so I withdraw my comment until more is known.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Are you saying that a small Antifa group in Austria can make some stickers and that suddenly changes the meaning of a universally recognizable symbol from one thing to another thing?
    *shrug* Well, you're accusing a cartoonist of trying to do the same thing ... so why not?

Sure, right, okay - because the glaringly obvious "ANTIFA" label on the gun is not sufficient to imply that the guy holding it is "antifa affiliated" ...

The tattoo positively identified the shooter, who has a history of supporting and being active in leftist causes, including OWS and BLM.

I'd never heard of the Space Invaders = AntiFa trope. The above explanation, that's what I took it to mean.
    Same here. The purpose of the "space invader" tattoo was clearly to tie the cartoon, not to Antifa, but to the incident in Denver.

The big red "ANTIFA" label (not the tattoo) is Garrison's attempt to (correctly or incorrectly) associate the incident with Antifa.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Hahaha, man, of course you believe that.

Slippery slope of symbols political significance... reminded me of this symbols debate on this forum:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6254125

Why are you showing symbols of racism and white supremacy?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Sure, right, okay - because the glaringly obvious "ANTIFA" label on the gun is not sufficient to imply that the guy holding it is "antifa affiliated" ...
    Yes, that's my point... the only evidence that the cartoonist has that the guy is "antifa affiliated" is the tattoo.

If the shooter is not antifa, then his argument ceases to exist.
    Pinochet is the model

Yes, that's my point... the only evidence that the cartoonist has that the guy is "antifa affiliated" is the tattoo.

If the shooter is not antifa, then his argument ceases to exist.
    Garrison didn't make an "argument," he made a cartoon - a cartoon contrasting Biden's statement about Antifa with the shooting in Denver.

The tattoo wasn't being presented as "evidence" of anything. Garrison's implication of Antifa was made via the label on the gun, not via the tattoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [...] The purpose of the "space invader" tattoo was clearly to tie the cartoon, not to Antifa, but to the incident in Denver.

The big red "ANTIFA" label (not the tattoo) is Garrison's attempt to (correctly or incorrectly) associate the incident with Antifa.

Except for the tattoo, there is nothing in the cartoon that indicates what (if any) actual person or event is being represented.

The purpose of the tattoo is to ground the representation in the Denver shooting by Dolloff.

The point of the cartoon is that Dolloff (as identified by the tattoo) is Antifa (as alleged by the big red "ANTIFA" label on the gun) - and that Antifa is thus not "just an idea."

The tattoo is irrelevant to whether it is warranted to allege that Dolloff is Antifa.

That is not true, the guy has history of supporting extreme leftist causes.

There is more than just a goofy tattoo to determine that.

That is not true, the guy has history of supporting extreme leftist causes.

There is more than just a goofy tattoo to determine that.
    The irony being that this ruins TheCount's entire narrative about the tattoo...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast