Thread: Another Phony Conservative Judge Nominated To The Supreme Court

Another Phony Conservative Judge Nominated To The Supreme Court

By Chuck Baldwin
    October 12, 2020

Evangelicals, conservatives and pro-lifers are dancing with glee over Donald Trump’s nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg on the U.S. Supreme Court. They shouldn’t be. Once again, conservatives are being conned.

I keep reminding people that SCOTUS has been dominated by Republican appointments since before the infamous Roe v Wade decision in 1973. We are talking a half-century.

Here is the breakdown of how justices voted on Roe back in 1973. The vote was 7 in support and 2 opposed. The list of the votes of the nine justices on the Supreme Court in the Roe v. Wade decision and who appointed them is as follows:

In support:

*Harry Blackmun (Richard M. Nixon, R)
    *Warren Burger (Richard M. Nixon, R)
    *William Douglas (Franklin D. Roosevelt, D)
    *William Brennan Jr. (Dwight D. Eisenhower, R)
    *Potter Stewart (Dwight D. Eisenhower, R)
    *Thurgood Marshall (Lyndon Baines Johnson, D)
    *Lewis Powell Jr. (Richard M. Nixon, R)

In opposition:

*Byron White (John F. Kennedy, D)
    *William Rehnquist (Richard M. Nixon, R)

As you can see, GOP appointments had a 6 – 3 majority when the Roe decision was decided. Note that 5 of those 6 Republican-appointed justices voted in favor of Roe. They didn’t even need a Democrat-appointed justice to vote for Roe (which 2 did) in order for it to pass. Notice, too, that only one Republican-appointed justice voted against Roe. To put it another way: 66% of the Democrat-appointed justices voted for Roe, while 83% of the Republican-appointed justices voted for Roe.

And, again, remember that the Republican Party has held a majority of the Supreme Court for 50 years, and yet Roe has never been overturned. And Trump’s appointments are going to prove to be no better.

Joel Skousen quotes a source saying:

The recent excitement over a new Supreme Court appointment prompted me to do some research. I was initially very enthused about Amy Coney Barrett. After constitutional attorney Robert Barnes threw cold water on the choice and expressed his support for Judge Lagoa, I did some research and listened to talks and interviews with Judge Barrett.

She impresses me as being somewhat detached and devoid of empathy and warmth. She stressed that a judge may not let “personal preference” color her (emphasis added) decisions. She further went on to include morality under “personal preferences.”

In her Hesburgh Lecture at Jacksonville University in 2016, the impression was communicated that she was more partial to Hillary Clinton than Donald Trump. She praised Justice Scalia for siding with a flag burner in a court decision.

An eye opener: with respect to the sentiment “I want to appoint someone pro-life,” she insisted that this is not the correct criteria to apply in selecting someone for the Supreme Court. “We shouldn’t be putting people on the Court who share our policy preferences.” The right to life is a policy preference?

She commented that she didn’t believe the right to abortion would change. She said this dispassionately and offered no hint of disapproval. She implied that stare decisis [litigation according to precedent, not the constitution’s words] would hold sway here.

She went on to say that biological boys using girls’ bathrooms is a “who decides” issue. She never suggested that the idea is outrageous. To her, the highest law is the Constitution and its interpretation is nuanced and impacted by many factors. The Law of God the natural law whose author is God has no role to play.

Attorney Barnes believes Judge Coney Barret would recuse herself if she became involved in an abortion case. Based on what I have seen and heard, I think he is too optimistic.

As with Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, Barrett is just another Big Government, Police State ideologue who will continue the assault against our constitutionally protected liberties and who will do nothing to overturn Roe.

Here is what Constitutional attorney Robert Barnes says about Barrett:

Barrett sided with the government on almost every civil rights case, every big employer case, every criminal case, while also siding with the government on the lockdowns, on uncompensated takings, on excusing First Amendment infringements & Fourth Amendment violations.

Barrett exclaimed the benefits of Jacobson, the decision that green-lit forced vaccines & carved out an emergency exception to Constitutional protection in “public health” or “emergency” cases used to justify forced sterilizations & detention camps.

Barrett excused or immunized questionable police conduct in almost every seizure case or use of force case she came across, many with fact patterns that will make her easily demolished in the court of public opinion in the age of George Floyd.

Barrett hid behind precedent that fellow federal circuits said did not apply any longer to allow Chicago to prohibit pro-life activists from exercising their free speech, and did so w/o a concurring opinion as she did whenever she doubted precedent.

Barrett justified discriminating against someone participating in protests over the killing of his brother, in a case that will make easy headlines for her critics to make her look [sic] the misconduct-excuser her actual record says she is.

Barrett justified regulatory takings without compensation and government discrimination by siding with the government’s version once again (like she has in a near record setting 95%+ of cases).

Barret found a dubious “standing” excuse to deny citizens the right to prevent the corrupt misappropriation of property for the building of the Obama library. This is the kind of elite back-scratching Roberts-type jurists like Barrett do.

This is the part that infuriates me to no end: Evangelicals and conservatives seem to be totally blind to America’s burgeoning Police State. TOTALLY BLIND. Of course, this helps explain why these same evangelicals and conservatives so sheepishly and robotically surrendered their liberties to the medical Gestapo over the corona scamdemic.

This also means that it will not bother evangelicals and conservatives that Barrett is a Big Government enabler of the tyrannical coronavirus lockdowns and shutdowns that have been taking place over the past six months.

Here is the story:

Barrett’s record is troubling on many issues, with a ruling that gives Democrats in Illinois blanket authority to shut down society based on COVID-19 mass hysteria standing out as particularly heinous.

Barrett concurred with the majority in Illinois Republican Party et al. v. J.B. Pritzker, Governor of Illinois to keep the illegal lockdown in place and allow Democrats to rip up the Constitution under the guise of safety. She hid behind the precedent of Jacobsen v. Massachusetts (1905) in an attempt to avoid culpability for her decision.

“At least at this stage of the pandemic, Jacobson takes off the table any general challenge to [Pritzker’s executive order] based on the Fourteenth Amendment’s protection of liberty,” the majority opinion read in the case.

It continued: “[W]hile in the face of a pandemic the Governor of Illinois was not compelled to make a special dispensation for religious activities, see Elim, nothing in the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment barred him from doing so. As in the cases reconciling the Free Exercise and Establishment Clauses, all that the Governor did was to limit to a certain degree the burden on religious exercise that [the governor’s executive order] imposed.”

Barrett roll[ed] over to the far left and allow[ed] Democrats to rip up the Constitution.

Patriotic attorney Robert Barnes has levied additional criticism against Barrett for her unwillingness to stand up to Democrat overreach.

“For example, Barrett, I would oppose her nomination personally. So I would do whatever I can to see her nomination fail. I have no interest in seeing someone like that on the bench,” Barnes explained during an interview on the Viva Frei YouTube channel.

“She comes from the old money corporate South, a world I’m familiar with and the kind of people I’d never want to see in positions of power… That’s the world she comes from. Her dad was a big Shell oil corporate lawyer,” he continued.

Barnes explained how Barrett’s history working as a Clerk for deceased former Justice Antonin Scalia is giving the false impression that she shares his staunch originalist beliefs when that is not in fact the case. He explained that her rise is similar to that of Chief Justice John Roberts, whose record of extreme cowardice on the bench has harmed the nation immeasurably.

“This is how Justice Roberts got on the bench. You do two things if you’re on the Republican side of the aisle: You let people know that you believe Roe v. Wade should be overturned even if you don’t believe that… And you play the corporate side of the equation,” he said.

“But most importantly, you get that Justice and his extended intellectual heavyweights to lobby for you to be appointed to the judicial bench down the road… That’s why people are pushing Barrett,” Barnes added.

From a theological perspective, Barrett is a committed Charismatic Catholic. This is the worst of theological extremes. In other words, her personal understanding of theology will be of no value whatsoever to her position as a Supreme Court justice and her divine duties under Revealed and Natural Law; and, indeed, her past court decisions substantiate that fact.

Once again, a phony conservative judge has been nominated to the Supreme Court.

P.S. We have just produced a new DVD containing my message The Babylon Of Revelation 18.

This message identifies the Babylonish system of Revelation 18; and you might be shocked to learn how much of a role that pharmaceuticals play in this global antichrist system. I go into depth explaining this phenomenon; and it will amaze you to realize that what we are watching take place right now aligns perfectly with the Babylonish system described in Revelation 18.

In this message, I also discuss the reason for the rise in suicides among our military veterans and the track record of mass corruption and criminality within the major pharmaceutical companies that are vying to be chosen as the provider of Anthony Fauci’s coronavirus vaccine.

I also show how all of the mendacity, malady and malignity infecting our national life are the direct result of the mass rejection and repudiation of our Constitution and Bill of Rights and the Biblical principles upon which they are established.

I urge you to get this message.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/10/...supreme-court/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was a real eye opener.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    She praised Justice Scalia for siding with a flag burner in a court decision.
    Scalia was right. Flag desecration laws are the expression of right-wing political correctness. They elevate the physical flag over what it stands for.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

I'm not sure why Scalia is held up as the gold standard for originalism. He was much less reliable on federalism than someone like Thomas.

Regardless, ACB is an electoral liability. Trump better hope she gets confirmed very soon so the news cycle can change away from her.

Her judicial philosophy has much to be desired. I wouldn't be shocked if she turned out to be another Roberts.

Her being a proponent of the unconstitutional lockdowns was what sealed her fate for me. Numerous people have already said she's the next coming of John Roberts.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 10-12-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

//

I don't usually comment on people's appearances but this Barrett lady looks like exactly what I'd envision an MK ULTRA mind control slave to look like. She just gazes off into space or looks down a lot, with a very Stepford Wives emptiness aura about her. I'd bet her husband is her handler.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-13-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Mike Lee was a breath of fresh air in this marathon of posturing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The idea that this Congress and President would appoint anybody vaguely resembling a constitutionalist is beyond silly. Whether she'll take a constitutionalist position on popular social issues like abortion I couldn't say, but she sure as hell isn't going to be striking down Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, HUD, the EPA, the PATRIOT Act, etc, etc, etc. No SCOTUS has taken that approach since the 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    She just gazes off into space or looks down a lot, with a very Stepford Wives emptiness aura about her.
    What else is she supposed to do when some bloviating Senator (whose party is irrelevant -- they're all gasbags, although Whitehouse outdid himself today) is making a speech instead of asking her a question?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Mike Lee was a breath of fresh air in this marathon of posturing.
    Agree!
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    What else is she supposed to do when some bloviating Senator (whose party is irrelevant -- they're all gasbags, although Whitehouse outdid himself today) is making a speech instead of asking her a question?
    I dunno. I've watched plenty of these dog and pony shows over the years but she's the first to strike me as "the lights are on but nobody's home." The allegations that she was tied up for years in a Catholic cult doesn't help my perception that there may be something more going on there with her. Either way, she's clearly a Vatican agent.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

A ratchet only tightens in one direction. The SCOTUS is a ratchet. This is all you need to know.

She commented that she didn’t believe the right to abortion would change. She said this dispassionately and offered no hint of disapproval. She implied that stare decisis [litigation according to precedent, not the constitution’s words] would hold sway here.

Liberal versus conservative is a misnomer at least when it comes to the court. It's activist vs status quo. The liberals are the activists and the conservatives are the status quo. Roe v Wade is now "status quo."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Mitch McConnell says he has the votes. Suppose there are defectors like Mitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Her being a proponent of the unconstitutional lockdowns was what sealed her fate for me. Numerous people have already said she's the next coming of John Roberts.
    Lockdown chatter is back in headlines after reports of some countries in Europe reimposing lockdowns:

Is US headed toward national COVID-19 lockdown? Why Fauci, others say that’s unlikely

By Katie Camero

October 19, 2020 01:24 PM,
    To lock down all of America, Moss says the president would have to “either personally determine, or get the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) director to state in writing, that the entire country is reasonably believed to have been exposed to the coronavirus.”

If so, the CDC may issue a federal isolation or quarantine order, but this power is “rarely used,” according to the CDC website — the last time this was enforced was during the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918-1919.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the pandemic would have to “get really, really bad” for him to push for a national lockdown. Fauci made the comment during a wide-ranging interview on CBS’ “60 Minutes.”

“First of all, the country is fatigued with restrictions. So we wanna use public health measures not to get in the way of opening the economy, but to being a safe gateway to opening the economy,” Fauci said.

miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article246556473.html

Related

Will Trump nominate yet another swamp creature to SCOTUS?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Mitch McConnell says he has the votes. Suppose there are defectors like Mitt.
    pretty sure Mitt is voting to confirm

ACB beats the hell out of RBG on the SCOTUS, she came off as very impressive during the hearings as Dems didn't land close to a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    A ratchet only tightens in one direction. The SCOTUS is a ratchet. This is all you need to know.

Liberal versus conservative is a misnomer at least when it comes to the court. It's activist vs status quo. The liberals are the activists and the conservatives are the status quo. Roe v Wade is now "status quo."
    The days of abortion being called "baby murder" by pro-life conservatives seem over then.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    pretty sure Mitt is voting to confirm

ACB beats the hell out of RBG on the SCOTUS, she came off as very impressive during the hearings as Dems didn't land close to a punch.
    I don't really think it matters much, since both are religiously motivated (which will become clear soon enough with Barrett when she votes according to whatever the current communist Pope says, regardless of how conservative the perception management team paints her as) and not strict 1789 constitutionalists. In that light it's just the marketing packaging that differs. Never mind that they're all trained at the same schools by the same professors pushing the same communist world government agenda.

Were it not for her milf-ishness, i wouldn't care one bit about this.

Unless all cases that have nothing to do with federal matters are purged, nothing will change.

SCOTUS appears to confirm majority favor preserving Obamacare

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...preserving-aca

But but muh SCOTUS! Muh Kavs, Gorsuchs and Barretts! Single-payer government medical care has always been the end goal. That is because the very nature of how the economic system functions is being changed at the most basic legal level. If you are physically property of the government (anyone who takes the vaccines will be) it then becomes the government's role to directly provide for your upkeep. Same as how your possession of a car means it is your role to provide for the car's upkeep. You can provide it yourself or contract it out but it's still your responsibility.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-10-2020 at 03:27 PM.

But but muh SCOTUS! Muh Kavs, Gorsuchs and Barretts! Single-payer government medical care has always been the end goal. That is because the very nature of how the economic system functions is being changed at the most basic legal level. If you are physically property of the government (anyone who takes the vaccines will be) it then becomes the government's role to directly provide for your upkeep. Same as how your possession of a car means it is your role to provide for the car's upkeep. You can provide it yourself or contract it out but it's still your responsibility.
    If the Government is responsible for your health, and anything you do that can have an effect on your health is the governments business, since anything you do could conceivably affect your health, everything you do is the Government's business. It is the ludicrous scenario Rothbard talked about: Everybody owns Everybody in theory (but in fact, the very few own the rest). I wonder if they will actually start sacrificing red-heads?

Whats more: Since the Government is responsible for everybody's health, and the resources available which to keep everyone healthy are limited, then it is also the Governments responsibility to maximize the impact of these finite resources--to keep as many people healthy as possible (a quantitative metric) or the keep the most important people healthy as possible (qualitative). The reality is that the former's ostensible application will run interference for the latter's actual application/enforcement.

I expect that the masses will all receive the same low level of care, on par with pre-germ theory. The party members will have the incredible potential of medical technology at their full disposal. The middle class, giving the destitute something tangible and reachable to hate, has served its purpose. Its continued existence is no longer expedient. Have they used to commerce clause to impose on those few people actually able to provide for their own health care, yet? Well, you brushing your teeth actually affects interstate commerce... Because you don't need to get cavities filled, and the dentist doesn't need to order (SUPPLY HERE) from the next state...

But, people MUST hate something. Its part of their psychology! If they are not given something to hate, they may accidentally wind up hating what it is actually brutalizes them. What, then, shall they hate? I suppose the current focus on racial equity might offer an answer.

You're right, man, how you told me to view things... that may only be a thread, but its THE thread.
    Last edited by bv3; 11-10-2020 at 04:20 PM.

They did not title the article correctly. It should read Obama's Romney-Care.

And let us not forget Trump's 1 Nation, 1 Plan, Medicare For All - "Mitch and Nancy, get it done!”