Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 64

Thread: Ted Cruz: GOP could face 'bloodbath of Watergate proportions' on Election Day

  1. #31
    Electoral College might be won by Trump but wins the popular vote.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It might not ever recover, because the party would first have to agree on what, exactly, caused it to lose in the first place.


    If Trump loses, if the GOP loses, will that be because they need to be more Trumpian, or less Trumpian?
    Lets not forget majority of these so called polls never call or contact the silent majority which have given the Trump win in 2016. They have made admitted that a silent majority does exist.

    If Trump losses China will be very happy.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    It actually matters alot who wins this year if Trump losses and Democrats regain both houses in America, the GOP will take years of recovery.
    Why would I care about the fate of the GOP?

    A biden landslide how so? because on what polls were claiming? these same pollsters of 2016 were saying the same thing about Hillary.
    The polls now don't just show Biden up, they show him above 50% in a great many states.

    There's a big difference between 47-41 and 52-46.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm looking at the polls, which, contrary to popular belief, were pretty accurate last time. They show an overwhelming Trump loss. If the election were held today, I have zero doubt that Trump would lose and lose badly. NOW, the election isn't today, of course, and the polls may well tighten or even reverse in the next couple weeks; who knows? I do think he'll lose, because I don't see an obvious catalyst for changing the narrative in his favor, and that's how I'd bet if I were forced to bet, but we'll see.
    I do believe you're looking at polls. Merely looking at 53-46 doesn't mean anything. Go look at the party sampling. They're over sampling democrats +13 assuming there is going to be a record amount of democrat voters while not realizing shutting down the country will destroy their college voter base.

    If you want to think Biden is leading anywhere from +10-17, go ahead, your brain, your delusion.

    Like I said earlier, if that were true, he'd be flipping Texas and targeting new red states that democrats never dreamed of even a year ago. Don't be a sucker to your own biases.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

    @Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

    Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

    7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Why would I care about the fate of the GOP?



    The polls now don't just show Biden up, they show him above 50% in a great many states.

    There's a big difference between 47-41 and 52-46.



    The polls now don't just show Biden up, they show him above 50% in a great many states.
    Yeah like NYTimes had Hillary with 95 or 70% chance of winning the election in every state to. Many of these pollsters arent honest. And how many of those so called pollsters who call the pollster will actually vote the same as they claim or if they are honest?


    Why would I care about the fate of the GOP?
    Riots wont stop, the left will allow BLM to be pushed everywhere, SJW issues will be pushed.
    It wont stop. The democrats will never criticize rogue countries whatever be China or not. America wont survive economically for four years with Biden as if his another FDR who ruined America.

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I do believe you're looking at polls. Merely looking at 53-46 doesn't mean anything. Go look at the party sampling. They're over sampling democrats +13 assuming there is going to be a record amount of democrat voters while not realizing shutting down the country will destroy their college voter base.

    If you want to think Biden is leading anywhere from +10-17, go ahead, your brain, your delusion.

    Like I said earlier, if that were true, he'd be flipping Texas and targeting new red states that democrats never dreamed of even a year ago. Don't be a sucker to your own biases.
    He's not winning +10, let alone +17, in any of the swing states, so I don't know what strawman you're attacking.

    Here are the current RCP averages:

    MI +7.2
    PA +7
    WI +6.3
    AZ +3
    FL +2.7

    He only needs to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin to win the election.

    North Carolina, Ohio, and Iowa are also very much in play.

    Trump has a very narrow path.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    He's not winning +10, let alone +17, in any of the swing states, so I don't know what strawman you're attacking.

    Here are the current RCP averages:

    MI +7.2
    PA +7
    WI +6.3
    AZ +3
    FL +2.7

    He only needs to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin to win the election.

    North Carolina, Ohio, and Iowa are also very much in play.

    Trump has a very narrow path.
    Again i do believe Trump voters or possible voters would be afraid to show up on the polls without being exposed by the pollsters "Hey we got a trump supporter here"

    I remember on social media in 2016 one person who said they lied to a pollster that he was going to vote for Hillary but he went and voted the other way around.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I think that all hell's going to break loose either way, tbh.
    Nah, never happen.

    The right does nothing but talk.

    An honest win or clear bull$#@! by the Marxist left does not matter, they, "we", won't do $#@! but grumble and complain.

    A Trump win, especially a narrow Trump win, that's another story...watch the whole country explode in that case.

    The Marxist left knows violence in the streets, physical intimidation and guerilla warfare works, especially when waged against a weak, enstupidated, demoralized and befuddled opponent that lacks the courage of its convictions, like us.

    Look for that violence to increase tenfold.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Again i do believe Trump voters or possible voters would be afraid to show up on the polls without being exposed by the pollsters "Hey we got a trump supporter here"

    I remember on social media in 2016 one person who said they lied to a pollster that he was going to vote for Hillary but he went and voted the other way around.
    There's probably some of that, but less than last time, with Trump support having been normalized.

    Here's the real difference:

    Last time, a lot of people took a chance on Trump because he was new (ooh, shiny new object); now, he's not new.

    Last time, people (including some Dems) really hated Hillary; now, while no one really likes Biden, few hate him.

    Add those together and it's very easy for Trump to lose those couple tens of thousands of votes by which he won last time.

    He could pull it out, with a better debate performance, or whatever, but it's unlikely.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Last time, people (including some Dems) really hated Hillary; now, while no one really likes Biden, few hate him.
    Biden's a can of Spam® in a suit to these people.

    To many, it's a just a vehicle for Orange Man Bad.

    To the remainder, it's a once in a lifetime chance to enact Marxist policy, either through Biden as empty vessel, or, more likely, removing him even before the inauguration.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Biden's a can of Spam® in a suit to these people.

    To many, it's a just a vehicle for Orange Man Bad.

    To the remainder, it's a once in a lifetime chance to enact Marxist policy, either through Biden as empty vessel, or, more likely, removing him even before the inauguration.
    Pretty much this. This is a once in a lifetime chance to enact Marxist policies and not through Biden. Biden wont do anything. VP will.

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nah, never happen.
    The context was all hell breaking loose within the party.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I just can't stand liars.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    He's not winning +10, let alone +17, in any of the swing states, so I don't know what strawman you're attacking.

    Here are the current RCP averages:

    MI +7.2
    PA +7
    WI +6.3
    AZ +3
    FL +2.7

    He only needs to win Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin to win the election.

    North Carolina, Ohio, and Iowa are also very much in play.

    Trump has a very narrow path.
    The same Michigan where BLM riots had happened. Why would Michigan vote blue again? if Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin stays red on election Trump should do ok on the college on Election day. Same with Texas, i dont see Texas going blue yet.

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Lets not forget majority of these so called polls never call or contact the silent majority which have given the Trump win in 2016. They have made admitted that a silent majority does exist.
    Trump lost the majority in 2016. There was no silent majority.


    That race was extremely tight and came down to few votes in few states.
    "The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."
    H. L. Mencken

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I just can't stand liars.

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump lost the majority in 2016. There was no silent majority.
    Your referring to the popuarl vote right?

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The same Michigan where BLM riots had happened. Why would Michigan vote blue again? if Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin stays red on election Trump should do ok on the college on Election day. Same with Texas, i dont see Texas going blue yet.
    In other words, if Trump wins, he wins. Yes, I agree.

    If Biden wins Michigan and Pennsylvania, then he will be the President if he wins either Wisconsin or Arizona.

    This is ignoring Florida, Ohio, and a few other states.

    Trump won last time because he eked out a win in MI and PA.

    If he loses those, he's done, period.

    This is why I say he has a very narrow path.

    Biden can win all kinds of ways and, by the polls, he will overwin: win those rust-belt states, and FL, and AZ, and NC, and perhaps a few others.

    Again, who knows what team Trump might be able to pull out in the next couple weeks; but, right now? Trump's done.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In other words, if Trump wins, he wins. Yes, I agree.

    If Biden wins Michigan and Pennsylvania, then he will be the President if he wins either Wisconsin or Arizona.

    This is ignoring Florida, Ohio, and a few other states.

    Trump won last time because he eked out a win in MI and PA.

    If he loses those, he's done, period.

    This is why I say he has a very narrow path.

    Biden can win all kinds of ways and, by the polls, he will overwin: win those rust-belt states, and FL, and AZ, and NC, and perhaps a few others.

    Again, who knows what team Trump might be able to pull out in the next couple weeks; but, right now? Trump's done.


    Again, who knows what team Trump might be able to pull out in the next couple weeks; but, right now? Trump's done.
    We shall see but trump's team has being campaigning more then Biden team. Who have being just hoping for the polls to come out and not appera on the news or do interviews. Thats the Joe Biden team plan.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    We shall see but trump's team has being campaigning more then Biden team. Who have being just hoping for the polls to come out and not appera on the news or do interviews. Thats the Joe Biden team plan.
    I get the impression that Trump is campaigning to consolidate his base, the future audience of Trump News Network.

    I think he knows he's likely to lose.

    If he's actually trying to win over independents at this point, he's doing a remarkably $#@! job of it.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I get the impression that Trump is campaigning to consolidate his base, the future audience of Trump News Network.

    I think he knows he's likely to lose.

    If he's actually trying to win over independents at this point, he's doing a remarkably $#@! job of it.
    No one knows what will happen i just think you think negatively.

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    No one knows what will happen i just think you think negatively.
    LOL, well, it's only negative if one wants Trump to win, no?

    I think neutrally.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    LOL, well, it's only negative if one wants Trump to win, no?

    I think neutrally.
    enthusiasm doesn't favor democrats from what i had seen though. Again we shall see, tomorrow will be a town hall no doubt they will script it for Biden as they did for the debate and deny everything on Hunter Biden.

    "Orange Man Bad"

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    enthusiasm doesn't favor democrats from what i had seen though. Again we shall see, tomorrow will be a town hall no doubt they will script it for Biden as they did for the debate and deny everything on Hunter Biden.

    "Orange Man Bad"
    Here's the thing; orange man is, in fact, quite bad.

    And senile man isn't any better.

    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

    -H. L. Mencken

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist
    Look for that violence to increase tenfold.
    Won't the violence end if Biden wins? Cause I don't think the right will rise up and fight is Biden wins do you?

  28. #54
    BIDEN +7 GA

    Quote:
    It’s been nearly three decades since a Democrat carried Georgia in a presidential election. You’ve got to go back to 1992, when then-Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton won the state.
    President George W. Bush trounced Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry by 17 points in Georgia in the 2004 election, but Republican margins have been narrowing since then, and Trump topped Clinton by just five points in 2016.
    Warning lights are blinking red and alarms are going off in the Peach Tree state,” Quinnipiac University polling analyst Tim Malloy said.
    But other public opinion polling conducted in Georgia this month shows a much closer contest between Biden and the president.



    Not sure if there is any connection with this other recent GA news:


    Trump just knee-capped Governor Kemp
    Niles Edward Francis
    @NilesGApol
    · 3h
    Police cars revolving light
    #BREAKING: President Trump says that he told Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp that he disagrees "strongly" with his decision to open up certain businesses at the end of this week. #gapol #Coronavirus

    I think will make all other rep governors think long and hard about opening up
    Donald Trump could end these State governor restrictions with a stroke of a pen

  29. #55

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post


    ^vulnerable down-ballot GOP politicians trying to distance themselves without pissing off the base

    If Trump loses, all hell's going to break loose within the party; but, till then, everyone's going to play nice for lack of any viable alternative.
    EM.


    Granted globalist neocons funded progressive liberal leader groomed in NYC values leading Republicans currently is not perfect, some respect should be maintained for the office when Republicans decide to distance themselves from a sitting leader.


    Exclusive: GOP Sen. Sasse says Trump 'kisses dictators' butts' and mocks evangelicals

    by David M. Drucker, Senior Political Correspondent |
    | October 15, 2020 02:08 PM

    Republican Sen. Ben Sasse excoriated President Trump in a telephone conference call with constituents this week, saying he had mishandled the coronavirus response, "kisses dictators' butts," "sells out our allies," spends "like a drunken sailor," mistreats women, and trash-talks evangelicals behind their backs.

    Trump has "flirted with white supremacists," according to Sasse, and his family "treated the presidency like a business opportunity." He said Trump could drive the Senate into the hand of the Democrats and cause permanent damage to the Republican Party.

    Sasse, a possible GOP candidate for president in 2024, is up for reelection on Nov. 3 and is expected to cruise to victory.
    In an audio clip of the call, obtained by the Washington Examiner, a female constituent asks Sasse to explain “your relationship with the president” and wonders, “Why do you have to criticize him so much?”
    Recommended For You

    'It's looking very grim': Senate GOP braces for Democratic majority

    At first, Sasse focused on his points of agreement with Trump. But the senator soon began to unload, spending the majority of his nearly ten-minute answer assailing the president.
    Sasse spokesman James Wegmann confirmed that his boss made the comments, saying the call occurred earlier this week.

    washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/exclusive-gop-sen-sasse-says-trump-kisses-dictators-butts-mocks-evangelicals



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    ANOTHER REPUBLICAN SENATOR DISTANCES

    Cornyn says he broke with Trump on deficit, border wall, but kept opposition private


    By Gordon Dickson
    October 18, 2020 Updated 9 minutes ago

    In Arlington, Republicans were asked if they’d help John Cornyn. The reply: silence—and ‘No!’

    State Rep. Jonathan Stickland criticized establishment Republicans at an Arlington, Texas, Republican Club meeting July 25, 2019. By Bud Kennedy

    FORT WORTH U.S. Sen. John Cornyn acknowledged Friday that at times he has disagreed with President Trump on issues such as budget deficits and debt, tariffs and trade agreements and border security.
    But, the senior Republican senator from Texas, who is being challenged by Democrat MJ Hegar, said he chose to work on those disagreements with the president’s staff in private discussions, rather than by publicly voicing his opposition.
    Although polls show Cornyn with a small lead over Hegar, both candidates are vying for undecided voters during an extraordinary election season in which many once-solid Republican public office seats are now in reach for Democrats.
    During a meeting with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Editorial Board, Cornyn was asked if he and other Republicans regretted not pushing Trump to combat the COVID-19 virus more aggressively, or rein in some of his political stances that were unpopular or stood little chance of passing in Congress.
    Cornyn initially described his relationship with Trump as “maybe like a lot of women who get married and think they’re going to change their spouse, and that doesn’t usually work out very well.”

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Won't the violence end if Biden wins? Cause I don't think the right will rise up and fight is Biden wins do you?
    No, I think the Marxist left and Jacobin mobs will double down, because it's working for them.

    The more violent they get, the more corporate funding they get, the more local government caves to their demands, the more of the federal government they take over.

    You are very correct about "the right" however.

    400 million guns and 1 trillion rounds of ammo are nothing but expensive paperweights and fishing sinkers.

    With the exception of a few outliers and kooks (yours truly) when the time comes to turn 'em in, they will comply, meekly and totally.

    Just like they will with everything else.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  34. #59
    I expect


    Shenanigans
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I expect


    Shenanigans

    Some in media expect blame game... although it's bit premature as Trump can still win this even if his chances appear slim at this point.



    Let the blame game begin. Republicans point the finger at Parscale, Kushner, Stepien, and Trump himself as the president's team braces for a potential 2020 blowout.

    Tom LoBianco and Dave Levinthal


    Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale and White House senior advisor Jared Kushner.


    • President Donald Trump's advisors, campaign staff, and other Republicans are starting to assign blame for what could be a big loss for the president's reelection effort, and the entire party, according to interviews with more than a dozen GOP sources.
    • Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale has taken most of the heat. But other Republicans interviewed by Insider are emphatic that Parscale hasn't failed alone and Jared Kushner, Bill Stepien, and the president himself bear more responsibility.
    • "The one person to blame for all this is Donald J. Trump," one Republican close to the Trump campaign said.
    • Prognosticators see a blowout coming that puts Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in the White House, but Democrats are still worried the race could be tighter than it appears.
    • Several GOP senators are openly predicting a difficult Election Day that could include their party losing majority status and discussing what post-Trump political life would look like.


    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...e-game-2020-10

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Ted Cruz Accidentally? Punches And Elbows His Wife In The Face After Dropping Out
    By SpiritOf1776_J4 in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 10:39 PM
  2. 'Cruz has become the face of GOP intransigence'
    By Warlord in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 10:54 AM
  4. Chaos and War Face US After Election
    By Revolution9 in forum Election 2008
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
  5. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •