Thread: Trump’s Antibody Cocktail did NOT use embryonic stem cells, human stem cells or fetal tissue

Exclamation Trump’s Antibody Cocktail did NOT use embryonic stem cells, human stem cells or fetal tissue

The basis for these claims was an April 2020 statement from the company behind the drug, Regeneron, which states that Regeneron “uses a wide variety of research tools and technologies to help discover and develop new therapeutics. Stem cells are one such tool.” The statement goes on to mention that “there are limited research efforts employing human-induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from adult human cells and human embryonic stem cells that are approved for research use by the National Institutes of Health and created solely through in vitro fertilization.”
    The statement, however, refers to research done by Regeneron in general, not what research was performed with the drug cocktail Trump received specifically. There is no evidence publicly available to support the claim that REGN-COV2 utilized embryonic stem cells. What’s more, a Regeneron representative told The Dispatch Fact Check that “Regeneron’s REGN-COV2 program did not involve use of human stem cells, embryonic stem cells or fetal tissue.”

More at: https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/...cktail-created
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 10-08-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Unhappy Warp Speed - Planned Parenthood Dead Baby safe

Warp Speed tested, Dead Baby safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Duplicate thread; I'll request a merger.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ed-fetal-cells
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Duplicate thread; I'll request a merger.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ed-fetal-cells
    @Brian4Liberty I will agree if the TRUE headline is used.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why is your link any more true? It looks like a website put together in 2 minutes from a standard godaddy template. Not exactly a high quality source.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Why is your link any more true? It looks like a website put together in 2 minutes from a standard godaddy template. Not exactly a high quality source.
    LOL

It's way better than the unsubstantiated assertions you lefties are peddling.

But maybe this will be more to your liking?

Nevertheless, a statement from David Prentice, Ph.D., and Tara Sander Lee, Ph.D., of the Charlotte Lozier Institute (CLI), the research arm of the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, addresses what they refer to as “uninformed commentary … stating that President Trump has received a medication created with the use of human embryonic stem cells.”

The CLI scholars state:
    CLI has reviewed the published information and our conclusion is straightforward: The president was not given any medicines to treat COVID-19 that involved the destruction of human life. No human embryonic stem cells or human fetal tissue were used to produce the treatments President Trump received–period.
    Prentice and Sander Lee present “the facts”:
    The Regeneron therapy given to the president was made in Velocimmune humanized mice, a novel platform that uses genetically modified mouse embryonic stem (ES) cells to generate antibodies described here and here. Development of Regeneron’s antibody cocktail is detailed in the journal Science, describing how they identified their antibodies made from Velocimmune mice and blood from recovered patients previously infected with SARS-CoV-2. The final antibody pair used in the REGN-COV2 therapy cocktail was then produced in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells. Results from Regeneron’s REGN-COV2 clinical trials to treat COVID-19 patients are reported here.
    The CLI scholars say embryonic stem cells from mice have been key in the development of alternatives to fetal tissue:
    Mouse embryonic stem cells and genetic modifications to make such mice date back to 1981, have been extensively studied, and were instrumental in the discovery of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, another fully ethical alternative to fetal material, as discussed in this Nature review. iPSCs are much easier to use than human embryonic stem cells, more flexible in their uses, and are not ethically controversial. No one has ever advocated against using mouse embryonic stem cells for development of therapies – only against destruction of human lives.
    “And finally, the anti-viral medicine remdesivir and the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid dexamethasone, also given to the president to treat COVID-19, are chemicals—no cells of any kind were used to produce these medicines,” CLI states.
    “These facts reinforce this truth: ethical treatments are saving lives every day–including the president of the United States,” the CLI officials observe.

In June 2019, the Trump administration announced it would no longer provide taxpayer funding for research in its programs that uses human fetal tissue derived from the body parts of aborted babies.
    In addition to ending research at National Institutes of Health (NIH) with fetal tissue from elective abortions, HHS said the agency will also be applying a rigorous review protocol as it considers funding for research outside of its department.
    Pro-life leaders in many fields have studied the issue and agree fetal tissue is not necessary to develop clinical treatments and, in fact, has not contributed to the cure of any disease.
    CLI’s Prentice said at the time the Trump administration’s announcement showed NIH is invested in research methods that have already been proven:
    Adult stem cells, iPS cells, organoids, humanized mice constructed using postnatally sourced cells and improved non-human cell lines—just to name a few. All of these have been used in the production of treatments, vaccines and medicines currently on the market; the key is that our government will now invest in effective research methods that do not rely on the destruction of human life.
    In August, the Trump admin’s new Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board reviewed requests made to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for fed funded fetal tissue research
    The Board recommended denying most of these requests.
    full report �� https://t.co/LsFdfzztrW pic.twitter.com/vuRG7sur1m
    — Charlotte Lozier Institute (@LozierInstitute) October 8, 2020
    Dr. Donna Harrison, executive director of the American Association of Pro-Life Ob-Gyns, also applauded ending taxpayer funds to the abortion industry.
    “The protection and care of human life by physicians and researchers must exist at all stages of life from conception to natural death,” she said, adding the Trump administration’s decision “is another clear example of the administration’s consistent protection of human life, regardless of location or age.”
    “The Trump Administration has taken this important step toward stopping the barbaric practice of using the body parts of aborted babies for research,” Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) said. “Not only is the practice unethical, it is ineffective: fetal tissue, including fetal organs like liver and thymus, have not produced a single clinical treatment.”
    Similarly, pro-life leader Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life of America, said at the time the announcement was another demonstration of the Trump administration’s vision of “restoring a Culture of Life to our government.”
    “We’ve known for quite a while that Planned Parenthood in particular had created a macabre subculture, trafficking in infant body parts,” she said. “Ending this practice is ethically, scientifically, and morally right, especially as we’ve learned that fetal remains are not needed for research.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-fetal-tissue/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pelosi might have something to say about that today.

LOL

It's way better than the unsubstantiated assertions you lefties are peddling.

But maybe this will be more to your liking?
    Weasel words.

This page that Breitbart references says that no human fetal cells are used to produce the drug. But no one is claiming that, they're claiming that they were used to test it.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    (I will repeat this here. First posted on the [Disputed] thread.)

Even if this were true, I'm inclined to say "so what?".

Firstly, let's, for the sake of argument, call abortion "murder". I'm not saying it is, but let's just say that for now.

Suppose a man is murdered and is an organ donor. Maybe his organs are transplanted into people, saving their lives. Maybe his genetics are unusual, and a cell line is derived from his cells, and research is conducted that, over time, yields a medication that also saves lives, or advances medical science in some way.

By using that medication, or even by doing that research, is anyone advocating murder? Does anyone who comes back from the brink using this medication say "You know, murder really gets a bad rap. We should be murdering people left and right!"? Of course not.

Same for abortion, I should think. Especially for HEK 293.

Now, I also want to be clear with this: Probably everyone involved in modern cell biology has used the HEK 293 line in their work. It's one of the most ubiquitous cells lines out there. I've used them. There are probably many people here who have benefited in some way from research that made use of these cells. To single this out in the case of Trump's cocktail is absolutely frivolous!

luv ....have an idea. drumrolls. how about

POTUS = BEST TEST SUBJECT --- EVER!!!

he is willing to be part of a great experiment.

dear sweet "swordie" you ASSUME your "header" is 100% accurate.
    what we are seeing is a POTUS taking a slight or significant risk. Not
    to worry, PENCE did rather well in his recent debate, i feel. anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Weasel words.

This page that Breitbart references says that no human fetal cells are used to produce the drug. But no one is claiming that, they're claiming that they were used to test it.
    Let's see, we have unsubstantiated suppositions vs. a statement from the company that says no human stem cells were used in the program:

“Regeneron’s REGN-COV2 program did not involve use of human stem cells, embryonic stem cells or fetal tissue.”

Don't try to talk about whether that certain cell line is considered fetal, that is irrelevant, it is considered human.

Let me know when you have any actual evidence that human stem cells of any type were used in any part of the program.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment