Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Believes the Polls At this point? Poll has Biden leading 52% Trump 40%

Who Believes the Polls At this point? Poll has Biden leading 52% Trump 40%

I remember the last time in 2016 people who were phoned for polling said they would vote for Hillary thus every single pollsters whatever its fivestats or Rasmussen Poll or CNN/MSBNC both gave Hillary a huge edge and again they are doing it.

According to a Rasmussen Poll of 1,002 likely voters.
    52% Biden
    40% Trump

The problem i see with the polls is that the polls dont tell the whole of everything. What has Biden earned this huge leap? was it the wife of Obama urged people to vote for her pal Biden?

I do see that if there are any Trump supporters or likely voters i dont they would be polled or be polled at all. This reminds me of a similar case with a Canadian poll which claimed that 85% 75% would take in the covid vaccine before opening up the country again who are these 75 85% that supported the idea to take the vaccine?

The polls never say that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I congratulate you on not paying attention to the political news at all. I mean that sincerely. It is useless entertainment. Wish I weren't so addicted.

So why has Trump dropped in the polls so suddenly? His debate performance was an absolute dumpster fire. And he and everyone around him got Covid because of being reckless.

Trump is doing much worse than 2016 at this point. There were polls showing Trump within a couple of points at this time in 2016. Now most recent polls show him getting boat raced by high single digits to double.

We live in a free enterprise system. Pollsters have an incentive to be correct. Turns out capitalism works very well. One thing you are missing is pollsters basically got 2016 right Trump lost the popular vote by 2 and won a lot of key states by extremely small margins.

Edit: And it is bad news having Rasmussen so bad. The original pollster Scott Rasmussen left a number of years ago.. He as a conservative but serious about being accurate. Now Rasmussen skews favorable to the Republican candidate in most polls.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-07-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Trump got an F in his debate performance. Probably the worst in American history

Wish it wasn’t that way

The media was going to report Biden won the debate regardless of the outcome. Most honest people and independents said it was pretty much a stalemate. Trump was destroying Biden in the first 15 mins and the moderator showed his bias and made an ass out of himself. Chris Wallace should be embarrassed for his performance. He made a mockery of the process and acted like Trump was breaking rules but Biden wasn't. Chris Wallace is a $#@!ing idiot if he thinks he looked good at all making those one sided comments. He didn't care if it made himself look like an ass as long as he could make Trump look bad. I can't believe Trump didn't call him a jackass on the debate stage but I think he was trying to talk about Biden's corrupt political deals. The debate moderator didn't want to bring them up at all which showed his bias.

Yes and the polls are rigged. Trump supporters typically don't get polled as much and don't respond to polls. He is the silent majority. You can still get cancelled and fired for supporting Trump.

The only polls that matter are the ones on election day.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Trump got an F in his debate performance. Probably the worst in American history

Wish it wasn’t that way
    Like the last time with Hillary in 2016 the media was never favorable to Trump to begin with.

Probably the worst in American history

Are you going to say Biden won that debate and how so? Biden was trying to behave like Trump was but doing so poorly. Its a telling he doesn't want to bring in personal family issues like that of Biden Hunter's son among other issues.

I can see why Trump was trying to bring in Biden's son into the debate i mean after the media have being going after Trump's family.

Lets not forget this is the same Wallace that was rude and showed his bias towards the Paul's family.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 10-07-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Freedom is not popular.

In the main AmeriKunts want:

National Mask Mandates.

Free Healthcare.

Restrictions on the bill of rights.

Repeal of the second amendment.

Among whites, they want to kiss black ass in the county square to atone for their many sins.

They want productive businesses shut down and regulated out of existence, but tech trillioniares are OK.

I could go on and on...but you get the point...they hate freedom so much they'd just as soon die.

NY gov Cuomo put policies in place that, literally, killed thousands of people regarding COVID.

He barks edicts every day that shred the first amendment.

He enjoys a 70 percent approval rating.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I congratulate you on not paying attention to the political news at all. I mean that sincerely. It is useless entertainment. Wish I weren't so addicted.

So why has Trump dropped in the polls so suddenly? His debate performance was an absolute dumpster fire. And he and everyone around him got Covid because of being reckless.

Trump is doing much worse than 2016 at this point. There were polls showing Trump within a couple of points at this time in 2016. Now most recent polls show him getting boat raced by high single digits to double.

We live in a free enterprise system. Pollsters have an incentive to be correct. Turns out capitalism works very well. One thing you are missing is pollsters basically got 2016 right Trump lost the popular vote by 2 and won a lot of key states by extremely small margins.

Edit: And it is bad news having Rasmussen so bad. The original pollster Scott Rasmussen left a number of years ago.. He as a conservative but serious about being accurate. Now Rasmussen skews favorable to the Republican candidate in most polls.

Pollsters have an incentive to be correct. Turns out capitalism works very well. One thing you are missing is pollsters basically got 2016 right Trump lost the popular vote by 2 and won a lot of key states by extremely small margins.
    Very few poll and Rasmussen wasn't those polls either.

He as a conservative but serious about being accurate. Now Rasmussen skews favorable to the Republican candidate in most polls
    I do think ever since Scott left the poll has being moving and trendy slowly towards the liberals and this new poll is just proof of that. Even if Trump does well in the second debate which is a townhall. The media will still favor Biden as they did with Hillary that wont change.

The problem with the polls and media they live in a circle.

I think something far more criminal is transpiring than polls or who people vote for. I think the fix has been in for Trump since before he took office. They will stop at nothing. Trump losing in an election will be their payoff. It matters not how many votes he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Freedom is not popular.

In the main AmeriKunts want:

National Mask Mandates.

Free Healthcare.

Restrictions on the bill of rights.

Repeal of the second amendment.

Among whites, they want to kiss black ass in the county square to atone for their many sins.

They want productive businesses shut down and regulated out of existence, but tech trillioniares are OK.

I could go on and on...but you get the point...they hate freedom so much they'd just as soon die.

NY gov Cuomo put policies in place that, literally, killed thousands of people regarding COVID.

He barks edicts every day that shred the first amendment.

He enjoys a 70 percent approval rating.
    When you put it that way it seems it may be too much to overcome .

We live in a free enterprise system. Pollsters have an incentive to be correct. Turns out capitalism works very well.
    I'm not disputing the rest of your points, as they are probably correct.

But this is laughable. If the last few years have taught us anything about corporate AmeriKa, it is that providing a good product and maximizing sales and profits for benefit of the shareholder are secondary goals at best.

Holding proper "woke" political views supersedes all of the above priorities.

Even at the expense of the bottom line or corporate credibility.

I have no doubt in my mind that these polling companies would deliberately skew or outright fabricate polling data, in order to comply with "wokeness".
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    When you put it that way it seems it may be too much to overcome .
    Then consider this: there are 17 states and 205 EC votes that Biden gets without even trying, leaving only 65 needed.

These states would vote for a can of Spam as long as it had a "D" next to the name.

HI-CA-WA-OR-MN-IL-VA-DC-MD-DE-NJ-NY-CT-MA-RI-VT-ME

Then consider this: there are 17 states and 205 EC votes that Biden gets without even trying, leaving only 65 needed.

These states would vote for a can of Spam as long as it had a "D" next to the name.

HI-CA-WA-OR-MN-IL-VA-DC-MD-DE-NJ-NY-CT-MA-RI-VT-ME
    Wouldn't it be nice if one or more of those states flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Trump got an F in his debate performance. Probably the worst in American history.
    His debate performance was an absolute dumpster fire.
    Interesting.

I thought Trump kicked Biden's ass all over the stage.

I don't believe the polls.

How can suburban women watch what is going on in some cities and vote for the democrat?
    Trump was killing it during his trips and meetings with the unions here in Detroit. Standing O's and wild cheering.
    He's gotta be doing better with African Americans, Latinos as well.
    His base isn't going anywhere.
    He's got the farmers, law enforcement, military, energy workers.
    Businesses forced to close won't vote demo. How could they?
    There is the "Just walk away movement" going on in the democratic party.

I read somewhere that Democrats are over polled by 15% in these polls. Trump voters are lying to the pollsters.

No I don't believe the polls.
    Last edited by Dary; 10-07-2020 at 06:02 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are much better polls that show Trump ahead of Biden nationally and in swing states after having gained support after the debate and his illness.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Business owners that closed their business because of covid and vote Democrat, is the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

In 1984, Reagan beat Mondale by 18 points in the popular vote.

He won every EC state except for MN and DC.

That is the kind of numbers that these polls are talking about. They are in the same range. Especially that CNN poll.

Does anybody really think AL-LA-MS-MT-UT-WY-ID-TN-SC-KY-MO-OK-SD-ND-AK-AR-GA-NE-TX are all going to flip blue, in the presidential race, in massive numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There are much better polls that show Trump ahead of Biden nationally a
    Infowars online polls don't count.

I see only one recent poll with Trump losing less than double digits In that one he loses by nine. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

In 1984, Reagan beat Mondale by 18 points in the popular vote.

He won every EC state except for MN and DC.

That is the kind of numbers that these polls are talking about. They are in the same range. Especially that CNN poll.

Does anybody really think AL-LA-MS-MT-UT-WY-ID-TN-SC-KY-MO-OK-SD-ND-AK-AR-GA-NE-TX are all going to flip blue, in the presidential race, in massive numbers?
    Your comparing the 80s to the current times. Remember bush vs Kerry? even then they had Kerry leading polls and bush won his election when they thought that the Iraqi war would had ended him.

The polls are probably wrong again. I don't really care who wins, but I think Biden has a huge enthusiasm gap with Trump. That will probably make a difference in turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The polls are probably wrong again. I don't really care who wins, but I think Biden has a huge enthusiasm gap with Trump. That will probably make a difference in turnout.
    but I think Biden has a huge enthusiasm gap with Trump
    According to whom? polls? is that the same enthusiasm that there was for Hillary?

The polls are to prime us for mass election fraud.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    According to whom? polls? is that the same enthusiasm that there was for Hillary?
    He meant 'enthusiasm gap' as in there's not as much excitement for Biden as Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    The polls are to prime us for mass election fraud.
    I think this. Prime the people to think that Trump has no chance, and encourage people to swamp the system with mail in ballots which are already difficult enough to account for.

A) If they are successful in cheating, they will say that it matches the polling so it should not surprise anyone.

B) If they are unsuccessful in cheating, they will say that there must have been a lot of those highly-secure mail in ballots that got destroyed so Trump could win.

They've framed it so they can't lose either way. November is gonna be a sh*% show.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Infowars online polls don't count.

I see only one recent poll with Trump losing less than double digits In that one he loses by nine. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The most accurate poll for the 2016 presidential election now says that President Donald Trump is just 2.6 percentage points behind Democrat Joe Biden.
    Four years ago, IBD/TIPP said the race between Trump and Hillary Clinton was closer than other national polls, and it was found to be the most accurate predictor of that election and the previous three.
    The latest IBD/TIPP poll results show a tightening race between Trump and Biden among likely voters:

• 48.6% support Biden and 45.9% support Trump. That difference is within the margin of error.
    • A previous IBD/TIPP poll, whose results were released Sept. 21, showed Biden with a lead of 5.6 percentage points.
    • 74% of registered voters who said they will vote for Trump back him strongly, while 66% of Biden voters said the same about their preferred candidate.
    • 19% of registered voters said they are at least somewhat likely to change their mind about who they vote for before Election Day, including 26% of Trump voters and 13% of Biden voters.
    • 45% said they think Trump will win the election, while 36% said they think Biden will win.
    • White voters support Trump, 53% to 42%.
    • Hispanic voters support Biden, 60% to 36.5%.
    • Black voters support Biden, 76% to 15%.
    • Biden leads among voters in the 18-24 age group (70% to 21%) and voters aged 65 and older (51.5% to 44%).

The poll was conducted from Sept. 30-Oct. 1 among 1,221 registered voters, including 1,023 likely voters. The margin of error was plus or minus 3.3 percentage points for the registered voters sample and plus or minus 3.5 percentage points for the likely voters sample. The sample of likely voters included 411 Democrats, 403 Republicans, and 201 independents.
    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/ibd.../02/id/990094/

At a time and place where a far-left CNN Poll shows Obama crony Joe Biden ahead of President Trump by 11 points nationally, a Democracy Institute poll over the weekend showed Trump winning nationally and in the Electoral College.

We learned in 2016 and before (see Ann Coulter’s book Slander) that the Democrats use polls to manipulate elections. We now know they lie and spy and create scandals in efforts to gain power. Over the weekend one pollster, who’s apparently not part of the Democrat media complex, released numbers showing President Trump is ahead of Joe Biden nationally and in almost every category. This poll appears to best reflect reality as we have measured attendance of supporters at events since Labor day for both parties and see with our own eyes that President Trump is filling up events around the country while Biden doesn’t even fill up the circle markers at his events wherever he goes.

More at: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...n-trump-great/

President Donald Trump is in a dead heat with Democrat nominee Joe Biden, according to the latest John Zogby Strategies poll.
    Biden currently leads President Donald Trump 49%-47%, which is within the poll's margin of errir, and 4% of likely voters unsure. The previous Zogby poll released Aug. 29 showed Biden ahead by 6 points, while the poll released July 8 showed Biden leading by 7 points.
    Among Democrats, Biden has a 91%-8% lead, as well as a 60%-35% edge among voters ages 18-29. That is in addition to a 50%-45% advantage with those ages 30-49 and 56%-41% lead with women.
    The former vice president also has a lead among Black voters with an 81%-11% lead and Hispanics at 61%-34% advantage. Biden also has a sizable lead with moderates with a 58%-36% edge.
    Trump and Biden were tied among independents with 12% of voters undecided.
    The survey was a random sample online taken Friday beginning after 7 p.m. and has an overall margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/ar...www.google.com

RCP is biased.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The media was going to report Biden won the debate regardless of the outcome. Most honest people and independents said it was pretty much a stalemate. Trump was destroying Biden in the first 15 mins and the moderator showed his bias and made an ass out of himself. Chris Wallace should be embarrassed for his performance. He made a mockery of the process and acted like Trump was breaking rules but Biden wasn't. Chris Wallace is a $#@!ing idiot if he thinks he looked good at all making those one sided comments. He didn't care if it made himself look like an ass as long as he could make Trump look bad. I can't believe Trump didn't call him a jackass on the debate stage but I think he was trying to talk about Biden's corrupt political deals. The debate moderator didn't want to bring them up at all which showed his bias.
    Exactly, Democrats and the Deep State own the MSM (SEE BS) .
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Polls this far out are designed to form opinion and shape the narrative, according to the requirements of whoever paid for the poll, not report sentiment for everyone's general news benefit. How is anyone still taking polling seriously by now?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Considering these elections for twenty years are decided by about one percent , the polls showing double digits are like the 2016 clinton polls just trying to gauge the vote fraud I guess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast