Thread: John McAfee arrested

Exclamation John McAfee arrested

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/5/2...n-sued-doj-sec

John McAfee has been arrested in Spain and is facing extradition

John McAfee, who built a fortune selling cybersecurity software and has in recent years become a cryptocurrency evangelist, has been indicted on charges of tax evasion by the Department of Justice (DOJ). He has been arrested in Spain and is awaiting extradition, the DOJ said.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He seems to live life with his pants on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    He seems to live life with his pants on fire.
    And a $#@! eating grin.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Maybe he will make a deal to secure voting machines.

tax evasion?

Chalk him up as another one of my possible heros.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I'm still waiting for him to cut his dick off because bitcoin hasn't hit his target of 1 million

http://dickening.com/
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Going after a person living in another country for tax evasion certainly sounds like we are property of Uncle Sam. At what point does the slave get to buy his freedom from his US masters?

But it is McAfee, $#@! him. Don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    At what point does the slave get to buy his freedom from his US masters?
    When they give up their citizenship.

Which I'm honestly surprised that McAfee hasn't, tbh.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He should be rewarded for not paying Taxes & not arrested.

Interesting dude, always like to hear him out.

Guy definitely try’s to live free in a lockdown world.

Weird that he was in Spain. If I were him I would have been living on an island thats off the grid.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Wasnt he messing around with the IRS?

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I'm still waiting for him to cut his dick off because bitcoin hasn't hit his target of 1 million

http://dickening.com/
    He will probably cut off a tiny slice of skin and call it a win.

Should he be rewarded for perpetuating multiple stock frauds (they didn't even get on the bigger one) and murdering his neighbor?

He isn't Howard Roark pursuing productive work and a life of integrity, all the while fighting against the statist powers that be. I made zillion posts about his pink sheet pump and dump currently trading at 1.3 cents down from 8 bucks. He likely made at least $50 million on that. The SEC got him for making $23 million pumping $#@!coins and dumping into his Twitter followers. He is a parasite.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 10-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Sure.... and since Trump has nothing else to do, he should posthumously pardon Al Capone and Leona Helmsley.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Should he be rewarded for perpetuating multiple stock frauds (they didn't even get on the bigger one) and murdering his neighbor?

He isn't Howard Roark pursuing productive work and a life of integrity, all the while fighting against the statist powers that be. I made zillion posts about his pink sheet pump and dump currently trading at 1.3 cents down from 8 bucks. He likely made at least $50 million on that. The SEC got him for making $23 million pumping $#@!coins and dumping into his Twitter followers. He is a parasite.
    Dang.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hes going to get 30 yrs if they give him the max on the ten counts

Going after a person living in another country for tax evasion certainly sounds like we are property of Uncle Sam. At what point does the slave get to buy his freedom from his US masters?
    With renunciation of citizenship. But there is a fee for that too.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

His life is one of my favorite series to watch
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    When they give up their citizenship.

Which I'm honestly surprised that McAfee hasn't, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    With renunciation of citizenship. But there is a fee for that too.
    I don't have references to any of the articles handy, but over the years I've read stories of expats still being pursued and hounded by the IRS, even for taxes supposedly owed on income they received after they had formally renounced US citizenship.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frιdιric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I don't have references to any of the articles handy, but over the years I've read stories of expats still being pursued and hounded by the IRS, even for taxes supposedly owed on income they received after they had formally renounced US citizenship.
    If you come across those articles would please be so kind and forward to me and post them?

From what I have read (here and there) I believe it. I believe the US is one of only two countries where if you live in a foreign country, and work for a foreign company in that country, Paid in host country currency, that you still owe taxes to the US.

Its almost as though you have to pay for your rights & priveledge to be a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Under IRC Sections 877 and 877A, a person who renounces his citizenship and who either (a) has a net worth of at least $2 million, (b) had an average annual income tax of at least $155,000 for the 5-year period preceding expatriation, or (c) fails to certify he has complied with federal tax law for the 5-year period, is subject to U.S. income tax for 10 years after renouncing his citizenship. Of course, collecting the tax might be difficult if all of his assets have been moved overseas.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

The charges were announced on Monday:

SEC Charges John McAfee With Fraudulently Touting ICOs
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    2020-246

Washington D.C., Oct. 5, 2020 —
    The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged businessman and computer programmer John McAfee for promoting investments in initial coin offerings (ICOs) to his Twitter followers without disclosing that he was paid to do so. McAfee’s bodyguard, Jimmy Watson, Jr., was also charged for his role in the alleged scheme.

According to the SEC’s complaint, McAfee promoted multiple ICOs on Twitter, allegedly pretending to be impartial and independent even though he was paid more than $23 million in digital assets for the promotions. When certain investors asked whether he was paid to promote the ICOs, McAfee allegedly denied receiving any compensation from the issuers. The complaint alleges that McAfee made other false and misleading statements, such as claiming that he had personally invested in some of the ICOs and that he was advising certain issuers. The complaint alleges that Watson assisted McAfee by negotiating the promotion deals with the ICO issuers, helping McAfee cash out the digital asset payments for the promotions, and, for one of the ICOs McAfee was promoting, having his then-spouse tweet interest in the ICO. Watson was allegedly paid at least $316,000 for his role. According to the complaint, while McAfee and Watson profited, investors were left holding digital assets that are now essentially worthless.

McAfee and Watson also allegedly engaged in a separate scheme to profit from a digital asset security by secretly accumulating a large position in McAfee’s accounts, touting that security on Twitter while intending to sell it, and then selling McAfee’s holdings as the price rose.

“Potential investors in digital asset securities are entitled to know if promoters were compensated by the issuers of those securities,” said Kristina Littman, Cyber Unit Chief. “McAfee, assisted by Watson, allegedly leveraged his fame to deceptively tout numerous digital asset securities to his followers without informing investors of his role as a paid promoter.”

The SEC’s complaint, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, charges McAfee and Watson with violating antifraud provisions of the federal securities laws, McAfee with violating the anti-touting provisions, and Watson with aiding and abetting McAfee’s violations. The complaint seeks permanent injunctive relief, conduct-based injunctions, return of allegedly ill-gotten gains, and civil penalties. The SEC also seeks to bar McAfee from serving as a public company officer and director.

The Tax Division of the Department of Justice announced today that it brought criminal charges against McAfee.

The SEC’s investigation was conducted by David H. Tutor, Jon A. Daniels, Christopher Ferrante, and Diego Brucculeri, and supervised by John O. Enright and Ms. Littman. The litigation will be led by Jorge G. Tenreiro, Mr. Tutor, and Mr. Daniels. The SEC appreciates the assistance of the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division.

The SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy cautions investors to be wary of celebrity endorsements and to always independently research investment opportunities.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-246
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 10-07-2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

If you come across those articles would please be so kind and forward to me and post them?
    If I come across any of them (or any other stories like them) I will try to remember to post them here. It's been a while, and my encounters with such stories have been scattered out over the years. I never bookmarked or otherwise saved any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Under IRC Sections 877 and 877A, a person who renounces his citizenship and who either (a) has a net worth of at least $2 million, (b) had an average annual income tax of at least $155,000 for the 5-year period preceding expatriation, or (c) fails to certify he has complied with federal tax law for the 5-year period, is subject to U.S. income tax for 10 years after renouncing his citizenship. Of course, collecting the tax might be difficult if all of his assets have been moved overseas.
    I don't recall what particular justifications (if any) were cited by (or on behalf of) the IRS in any of the stories. Maybe this, maybe something else. Maybe just bureaucratic spitefulness. It's not like the IRS are paragons, after all - they even warn that, with respect to their own "customer" service (HA!), they cannot be held liable for any bad or incorrect advice or information they themselves give to you, but that you can and will be held liable for using it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will probably cut off a tiny slice of skin and call it a win.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

McAfee's INDICTMENT & the OUTRAGEOUS Backstory - Viva Frei Vlawg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw-ZbRhrdF8

You probably don't even know what you don't about John McAfee. He has been indicted on tax evasion. But the backstory will blow your mind.
    [edit] it’s a typo at the end of the video… It is supposed to say “planet”, not plant”
    Eric Hunley McAfee interview HERE: https://youtu.be/EqOeTqCULT8

From what I have read (here and there) I believe it. I believe the US is one of only two countries where if you live in a foreign country, and work for a foreign company in that country, Paid in host country currency, that you still owe taxes to the US.

Its almost as though you have to pay for your rights & priveledge to be a citizen.
    Well they still let you vote. I guess it's a "poll tax." (And poll taxes are illegal.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.