Thread: What If EVH or Eric Johnson Played the “Stairway to Heaven” Solo? (Feat. Eric Johnson)

What If EVH or Eric Johnson Played the “Stairway to Heaven” Solo? (Feat. Eric Johnson)

I thought this was a cool, fun video. Enjoy.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was just coming to post that.

Obviously we have another Rick Beato fan.

Was that incredible or what???

Freaking awesome.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

My thoughts...

- The lead to Stairway to Heaven is so iconic, it is impossible for anyone to lay a lead over the background and not incorporate the original lead guitar in some form. IIRC, Page played the lead on his Telecaster.
    - Eric Johnson is a “modern guitarist”? Lol. To someone who just stepped out of a time machine. On a tangent, I saw Johnson open for Satriani, and Johnson was better that night. I met Satriani backstage, but I was kinda disappointed I didn’t meet Johnson too.
    - The guy who did a Halen style solo...freakin’ incredible. Well, worth watching.
    - A second aside... Satriani recently re-released three albums with the backing tracks only, so that anyone could jam along. Many great guitar players have taken him up on it and posted videos...

Example:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was just coming to post that.

Obviously we have another Rick Beato fan.

Was that incredible or what???

Freaking awesome.

Yeah, I've been following his channel for a couple of years now I think. Can't remember where I heard of the guy, may have even been from a video you posted here. He has some greatvstuff on his channel.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Yeah, I've been following his channel for a couple of years now I think. Can't remember where I heard of the guy, may have even been from a video you posted here. He has some greatvstuff on his channel.
    Going to see if he posted an EVH tribute yet.

Can't remember where I heard of the guy, may have even been from a video you posted here.
    If that's the case, then good, I'll consider that a good deed done.

Going to see if he posted an EVH tribute yet.

I expect everyone who has a music related channel will have a tribute video out within the next dayborcso. I'll be getting s LOT of notifications. Sucks.
    Chris

I expect everyone who has a music related channel will have a tribute video out within the next dayborcso. I'll be getting s LOT of notifications. Sucks.
    This is not middle aged grousing...we are going backwards.

In the main, as a whole...things were better then...and the loss of an artist, an icon, a statesman, a thinker...all mark that de-evolutionary march towards darkness...and it hurts my heart, for me and my children.

Thus are the hardships of living in a dying empire.

RIP Ed...thanks for the music brother...we appreciate it.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-06-2020 at 05:49 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is not middle aged grousing...we are going backwards.

In the main, as a whole...things were better then...and the loss of an artist, an icon, a statesman, a thinker...all mark that de-evolutionary march towards darkness...and it hurts my heart, for me and my children.

Thus are the hardships of living in a dying empire.

RIP Ed...thanks for the music brother...we appreciate it.

The world is definitely a darker, sadder place today than it was yesterday. This really has me bummed out.
    Chris

If that's the case, then good, I'll consider that a good deed done.

Most definitely.
    Chris

Speaking of Eric Johnson...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRg13KGb-28
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.