Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Trump/Biden 9/29 debate thread.

So according to Biden and Wallace tonight.

BLM riots didnt burn down Kenosha Proudboys and Kyle Rittenhouse did.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I suppose we could say Trump "won", but he disappointed me deeply.

Wallace is a disgrace to humanity and should be beaten with iron bars. His bias against Trump wasn't even ineptly masked, demonstrating to me the depth of his contempt for the viewers. He was on Trump a lot more than Biden. His questions were lame and open-ended, rather than pointed. Wallace also seemed to feel it necessary to preface every question with a rambling preface that was so clearly biased against Trump. Ask your $#@!ing question and don't editorialize in your weak attempts to paint Trump into corners, which is precisely what he did.

Biden called Trump a "clown" and Wallace was there with his Biden kneepads allowing it to skate.

That all said, Trump let Biden get under his skin - VERY bad move IMO - and took the bait. He should have kept it under control at all times no matter what the lies and deceit. One thing he said to Wallace that I liked was "I guess I'm debating you now". HA HA HA... Wallace is a turd. Biden is a turd.

If they do this again, Trump needs to get his ass and head wired tight together because he should have slaughtered Biden with both hands behind his back.

The biggest mistake was not to have me as moderator because neither of them would have gotten away with any of that $#@!. I'd have come up with proper questions, would have refrained from prefatory editorializing, and would have been 100% unbiased.
    I think he, Trump, stomped a mud hole in Biden's ass.

IMO - YMMV
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    it became like an episode of the old JERRY SPRINGER SHOW in the last half hour.
    it had been working up to that confrontation zone all evening, i was thinking OMG.
    like WWE or something lol. Joe Biden was creepy and weird. Trump was trying to give his answers but was rudely being kept interrupted by Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    So according to Biden and Wallace tonight.

BLM riots didnt burn down Kenosha Proudboys and Kyle Rittenhouse did.
    That and KKK full of feds.

I suppose...
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    i think biden's comment about getting rid of tax breaks will definitely hurt him. Big mistake on his part.
    Oh yes it will backfire badly yet i am sure Media will try to spin it as a positive for Biden somehow. Getting rid of tax cuts shows that Biden is not a moderate.
    One of the few times Trump didn't interupt..

Biden: "I want to raise taxes.."

Trump: "Go on...."

Biden: "We really need to raise taxes."

Trump: "Please, expound on that some more"
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This was a total and complete victory for Trump. Biden was totally unable to counterpunch. Biden was good when he could stick to the talking points and whoever prepped him did a good job, but he also over-prepared. He didn't descend into incoherence the way some thought he might, but he also didn't radiate any kind of strength or demonstrate any ability to deal with Trump when he came for him. He wasn't able to land a single blow or make anything stick.

The media will talk about how "chaotic" it was or Trump's "anger" but that was always going to be the narrative. Trump disrupted Biden's talking points and Biden had no answer.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

my take exactly.all trump needs to do is just sit there quietly and let Biden say the stupid stuff he will inevitably say. I think the undecided people are looking for who looks and sounds more presidential,
    This seems like the same thing that happened last time.

Hillary tried to come out on the first debate looking Presidential, but Trump came out like a bull. This caused Hillary to bring more of that type of energy into the next rounds of debates.

By the final debate, even the left was saying that Trump was more reserved and Presidential sounding, after he dragged Hillary down into the mud with him.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

i'd describe Trump as being too motormouth, but the chaos inside the format was turning people off
    who are independent voters, who might still be fence sitters. its now easier to suggest that folks go
    third party, rather than assuming all is a binary "done deal" ...and any 3rd parry votes complicate
    things when we watch what the Electoral College ends up doing. i didn't sense any clear cut victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    i'd describe Trump as being too motormouth, but the chaos inside the format was turning people off
    who are independent voters, who might still be fence sitters. its now easier to suggest that folks go
    third party, rather than assuming all is a binary "done deal" ...and any 3rd parry votes complicate
    things when we watch what the Electoral College ends up doing. i didn't sense any clear cut victory.
    I think Luntz said the independent voters didnt like the way Wallace handed the debate and agree this was the worst debate i had seen, no clear winner for each expect one thing i noicted.

Biden wants to get rid of gas and he will replaced with that? mandatory electricity which might cause a negative reaction?

Here we go! Strap in!
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TELEMUNDO POLL: 66 Percent of Spanish-Speaking Viewers Believe Trump Defeated Biden in Presidential Debate
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/telemu...ential-debate/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Has anyone here noticed how strange Biden's eyes were looking? that was really creeping me out.l
    Yep. His left eye looked dead, multiple times. Scary

Not fit to be in office...that said Trump looked like a spoiled kid with his uncontrollable rantings & interruptions

Very bad night for America.
    Last edited by vita3; 09-30-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Forest CITIES!!!??? @tod evans triggered or not?
    I couldn't sit through that fiasco, didn't even try.

Who said what about forest cities?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I don't think either candidate swayed any fence straddlers nor changed anyone's mind.

I call it a draw and a waste of an hour and a half of my life.
    At first I did too. but I got to watch my wife laugh for an hour and that's always nice.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Donnell proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a clueless $#@! in the first half hour of the debate, then Chris Wallace & Joe got to prove that they were the same for the remainder of the debate.
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Upon a second watch, I would say that the rules were not set forth very understandably. What were they? 6 Segments or questions and each got 2 minutes to answer after it was open debate or discussion between them. I see both Biden and Trump saying things during the other persons 2 minutes. For the most part Trump let Biden talk for his two minutes. Wallace did a terrible job and kept scolding Trump for interrupting. Was the interruption during the first two minutes or open debate? It is not possible for Trump to explain in any meaningful way any issue in two minutes. Neither Biden or Wallace have the aptitude to understand what takes place and when Trump tries to elaborate he is cut off by Wallace and told that is the next question. When Trump was asked if he would ask White Supremacists to stand down he shook his head up and down and said sure at least twice. Then he said the problems are coming from the left with ANTIFA and BLM. He was asked to denounce the Proud Boys and Trump said something like stand down and stay ready.
    The country tried Russian Collusion, Impeachment, and now it is full fledged media attack against Trump. Laura Ingraham tweeted something like Trump had to debate Biden and Wallace. I am not saying that he did not interrupt, but If you watch from the beginning Trump listened to Biden and responded. What happened to the 9 minutes that was supposed to be for Trump and Biden to open debate? Wallace kept jumping in and Chastising Trump.

I would bet that Joe Rogan would have had a much better debate outcome.

The only thing of significant import I got out of the "debate" last night, other than a compelling need to shout "The Aristocrats!" at the end, was that Trump is planning to contest mail in ballots and endanger the legitimacy of the pending election.

I look around this morning at various news websites and discussion forums and all I see is extreme polarization. Folks who were pro-Trump only say Trump good, Biden bad. Folks that were anti-Trump saw Trump bad, Biden good.

If you try to challenge anyone on their thoughts these days, there is no civil discourse or intellectual honesty. America is devolving. The decline is happening right before our eyes.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

Chris Wallace is a piece of $#@!!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    At first I did too. but I got to watch my wife laugh for an hour and that's always nice.
    I watched it with my wife and kids. And yes we did laugh a lot too

I knew this wasn't going to happen, but when Trumps taxes became the topic of discussion I wanted him to say taxation is theft.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Chris Wallace is a piece of $#@!!
    What do you guys have to say about Trump not condemning white supremacy? Trump's response was sure he will do it, but then he said "stand by".

Why should this debate be anything but an ugly street brawl? That's what cable news and US politics is all about. Let's not pretend there was some bygone day of civility in politics. 160 years ago an entire war spawned from political disagreements.

The people who were offended by all the chaos and mishegoss are either naive to this fact or are simply lying to themselves. They are pining for the days of Republicans who refused to fight back.

Trump's goal was to energize his base and the result was a stunning success. Trump needs the working class vote in order to win and the working class wants blood. They were his audience.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    What do you guys have to say about Trump not condemning white supremacy? Trump's response was sure he will do it, but then he said "stand by".
    The way I heard it in the debate was he was nodding his head up and down and said sure at least twice. It was when they called out proud boys he said stand by. He said all the harm was coming from the left.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Why should this debate be anything but an ugly street brawl? That's what cable news and US politics is all about. Let's not pretend there was some bygone day of civility in politics. 160 years ago an entire war spawned from political disagreements.

The people who were offended by all the chaos and mishegoss are either naive to this fact or are simply lying to themselves. They are pining for the days of Republicans who refused to fight back.

Trump's goal was to energize his base and the result was a stunning success. Trump needs the working class vote in order to win and the working class wants blood. They were his audience.
    Thank you for a sound assessment. We need more of that around here. I don't like turmoil in debates, but that is the name of the game today. Myself Included...people forget that Politics is "got ya" for several decades now and it's not the stupid pointy headed pundits they are speaking to, it's the public. If indeed it is true that the working class is all about Trump then he wins big.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    The way I heard it in the debate was he was nodding his head up and down and said sure at least twice. It was when they called out proud boys he said stand by. He said all the harm was coming from the left.
    Wallace asked him to condemn white supremacists and didnt mention the proud boys by name. He simply asked trump to condemn the white supremacists and Trump didnt do that at that moment. He agreed to do it, but didn't at that moment. Wallace told him to do it and trump didnt do it. Instead, Trump brought up proud boys and told them to stand down and stand by. He didn't condemn them or white supremacists. Then he talked about left wing rioting.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wallace singled out Proud Boys as white supremacist. The group is headed up by a guy named Enrique Tarrio. That is a Spanish origin name. The group deems itself "Western chauvenist."
    Why didn't Wallace ask Biden to denounce Antifa as a terrorist organization?

Wallace asked him to condemn white supremacists and didnt mention the proud boys by name. He simply asked trump to condemn the white supremacists and Trump didnt do that at that moment. He agreed to do it, but didn't at that moment. Wallace told him to do it and trump didnt do it. Instead, Trump brought up proud boys and told them to stand down and stand by. He didn't condemn them or white supremacists. Then he talked about left wing rioting.
    No. Wallace brought up Proud Boys when Trump asked him who he should condemn....

i think biden's comment about getting rid of tax breaks will definitely hurt him. Big mistake on his part.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Here we go! Strap in!
    The media is saying that it is a shadow from his shirt or the mic, even though you can see the shadow from the mic moving back and forth, it is much lighter than the wire.

Last edited by dannno; 09-30-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wallace singled out Proud Boys as white supremacist. The group is headed up by a guy named Enrique Tarrio. That is a Spanish origin name. The group deems itself "Western chauvenist."
    Why didn't Wallace ask Biden to denounce Antifa as a terrorist organization?
    Exactly...the whole train of questioning was based on a bull$#@! assumption.

The cities are burning, not because of right wing violence but Marxist violence.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast