Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Trump/Biden 9/29 debate thread.

I saw a video on FB where Wallace asked Trump pretty much the same question in the 2016 Republican debate as he did in this debate. A side-by-side comparison. It wasn't a you tube link, but I'll try to track it down tomorrow.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Has anyone here noticed how strange Biden's eyes were looking? that was really creeping me out.
    in eye teleprompters

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Trump debate devolves into chaos as Trump derails the night with insults and interruptions? let me fix DNCC news headline.
    It was a mostly peaceful debate, except for when they lit each others podiums on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This seems like the same thing that happened last time.

Hillary tried to come out on the first debate looking Presidential, but Trump came out like a bull. This caused Hillary to bring more of that type of energy into the next rounds of debates.

By the final debate, even the left was saying that Trump was more reserved and Presidential sounding, after he dragged Hillary down into the mud with him.
    Last time around I didn't watch the debates, I really can't stand to watch Hillary Clinton. Biden doesn't sicken me the way Hillary does. Biden's kinda funny, I like how he's making himself more like a limited functionality cyborg. The tech isn't there. They can't get the eyes looking right, for one.

Perhaps by the 3rd debate Trump will knock Biden to the ground and start kicking him in the head. "Stop sniffing little girls" "You and all your friends are going to jail." "you suck you suck you suck you suck" "stop destroying America". But calmly and Presidentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    TELEMUNDO POLL: 66 Percent of Spanish-Speaking Viewers Believe Trump Defeated Biden in Presidential Debate
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/telemu...ential-debate/
    Senor Trump es muy macho

https://vimeo.com/365899455
    Last edited by parocks; 09-30-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    August 14, 2017

Just had a bunch of leftists ranting that he has never condemned racism. Brought this up. They just say "I'll never believe that. He's a raciss. He's lying!"

These people a $#@!ing insane.
    And you, by extension are a rayciss debil as well.

Deplorable...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    August 14, 2017

Just had a bunch of leftists ranting that he has never condemned racism. Brought this up. They just say "I'll never believe that. He's a raciss. He's lying!"

These people a $#@!ing insane.
    Funny how they won't believe that, but they will believe the lying leftist media who pretends that statement, and the many others like it don't exist.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The claimed story after 2016 was that Trump won because the working class moderate voter decided to give Trump a chance, instead of another Clinton Beltway retread. "How bad could he be?" was the question. Unless that same moderate voting group that's willing to vote for either party candidate has been fully indoctrinated into Trumpism, that outcome is subject to change every election.
    You misunderstand the situation. "Trumpism" is the working class. Trump saw an opportunity to appeal to millions of people who had no voice and were not represented by anyone in Washington. Whether he truly believes in a working class agenda (anti-war, populist economics, reduced immigration, etc.) or not is irrelevant. If you find "Trumpism" distasteful or repugnant, then maybe your problem isn't with Trump himself, but an entire socio-economic class of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    (Now, back in the real world, it's all rigged any way. No CEO of a corporation (US Inc) is ever appointed by the employees. The Board of Directors appoints CEOs. Employees may get a preference vote but that's all it is. A giant non-binding straw poll.)
    I sympathize with this argument. However, most people choose blue, red or white pills. Very few enjoy the black one.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Then maybe don't call it a debate
    "Debate" in this context is simply the common vernacular. It won't change anytime soon.

Biden told so many blatant lies. This video doesnt even catch them all but exposes them well.

When asked in the debate if Biden had called the Mayor of Portland or the Governor of Oregon, he responded that his is not in office or politics or something to that effect. He has no business requesting the mayor or governor do this or that. I guess he forgot he wasn't in office or in politics when he requested that Republican Senators not nominate Barrett.

Chris Wallace: (13:03)
    Okay, like I say, this is open discussion.

President Donald J. Trump: (13:04)
    This is big stuff.

Chris Wallace: (13:06)
    Sir, you’ll be happy. I’m about to pick up on one of your points to ask the Vice President, which is, he points out that you would like to add a public option to Obamacare.

Vice President Joe Biden: (13:17)
    Yes.

Chris Wallace: (13:17)
    And the argument that he makes and other Republicans make is that that is going to end private insurance.

Vice President Joe Biden: (13:23)
    It is not.

Chris Wallace: (13:25)
    If I start asking the question.

President Donald J. Trump: (13:26)
    That’s not what your party says, by the way.

Chris Wallace: (13:29)
    And it will end private insurance and create a government takeover of health.

Vice President Joe Biden: (13:32)
    It does not. It’s only for those people who are so poor they qualify for Medicaid they can get that free in most States, except Governors who want to deny people who are poor Medicaid. Anyone who qualifies for Medicare, excuse me, Medicaid would automatically be enrolled in the public option. The vast majority of the American people would still not be in that option. Number one. Number two.

President Donald J. Trump: (13:57)
    Joe, you agreed with Bernie Sanders, who’s far left, on the manifesto, we call it. And that gives you socialized medicine.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:04)
    Look, hey.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:05)
    Are you saying you didn’t agree?

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:06)
    I’m not going to listen to him. The fact of the matter is I beat Bernie Sanders.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:10)
    Not by much.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:10)
    I beat him by a whole hell of a lot.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:12)
    Not by much.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:12)
    I’m here standing facing you, old buddy.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:14)
    If Pocahontas would have left two days early you would have lost every primary.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:17)
    All he knows how to do-

President Donald J. Trump: (14:18)
    On Super Tuesday, you got very lucky.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:21)
    Look he’s the deal. I got very lucky. I’m going to get very lucky tonight as well.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:23)
    With what?

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:23)
    And tonight I’m going to make sure.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:25)
    With what?

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:25)
    Because here’s the deal, here’s the deal. The fact is that everything he’s saying so far is simply a lie. I’m not here to call out his lies. Everybody knows he’s a liar.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:34)
    But you agree. Joe, you’re the liar. You graduated last in your class not first in your class.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:41)
    God, I want to make sure-

Chris Wallace: (14:43)
    Mr. President, can you let him finish, sir?

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:44)
    No, he doesn’t know how to do that.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:46)
    You’d be surprised. You’d be surprised. Go ahead, Joe.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:47)
    The wrong guy, the wrong night, at the wrong time.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:51)
    Listen, you agreed with Bernie Sanders and the manifesto.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:55)
    There is no manifesto, number one.

Chris Wallace: (14:57)
    Please let him speak, Mr. President.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:58)
    Number two.

President Donald J. Trump: (14:58)
    He just lost the left.

Vice President Joe Biden: (14:59)
    Number two.

President Donald J. Trump: (15:01)
    You just lost the left. You agreed with Bernie Sanders on a plan that you absolutely agreed to and under that plan [crosstalk 00:15:10], they call it socialized medicine.

Chris Wallace: (15:13)
    Mr. President.

Vice President Joe Biden: (15:14)
    I’ll tell you what, he is not for any help for people needing healthcare.

President Donald J. Trump: (15:20)
    Who is, Bernie?

Vice President Joe Biden: (15:21)
    Because he, in fact, already has costs 10 million people their healthcare that they had from their employers because of his recession. Number one. Number two, there are 20 million people getting healthcare through Obamacare now that he wants to take it away. He won’t ever look you in the eye and say that’s what he wants to do. Take it away.

President Donald J. Trump: (15:41)
    No, I want to give them better healthcare at a much lower price, because Obamacare is no good.

Vice President Joe Biden: (15:45)
    He doesn’t know how. He doesn’t know how to do that.

President Donald J. Trump: (15:46)
    I’ve already fixed it.

Vice President Joe Biden: (15:47)
    He has never offered a plan.

President Donald J. Trump: (15:49)
    We’ve already fixed it to an extent. Obamacare, as you might know but probably don’t, Obamacare is no good.

Chris Wallace: (15:54)
    Gentlemen, you realize if you’re both speaking at the same time. Let the President. Go ahead, sir.

President Donald J. Trump: (15:59)
    Obamacare is no good. We made it better and I had a choice to make very early on. We took away the individual mandate. We guaranteed pre-existing conditions, but took away the individual mandate. Listen, this is the way it is. And that destroyed … They shouldn’t even call it Obamacare, then I had a choice to make, do I let my people run it really well or badly? If I run it badly, they’ll probably blame him, but they’ll blame me. But more importantly, I want to help people. Okay. I said, “You’ve got to run it so well.” And I just had a meeting with them. They said the problem is, no matter how well you run Obamacare, it’s a disaster. It’s too expensive. Premiums are too high, that it doesn’t work. So we do want to get rid of it. Chris, we want to get rid of that and give something that’s cheaper and better.

Chris Wallace: (16:42)
    I understand that, sir. But I have to give you roughly equal time.

President Donald J. Trump: (16:45)
    Go ahead.

Chris Wallace: (16:45)
    Please let the Vice President talk, sir.

President Donald J. Trump: (16:47)
    Good.

Vice President Joe Biden: (16:48)
    He has no plan for healthcare.

President Donald J. Trump: (16:50)
    Of course, we do.

Chris Wallace: (16:52)
    Please.

Vice President Joe Biden: (16:52)
    He sends out wishful thinking. He has Executive Orders that have no power. He hasn’t lowered drug costs for anybody. He’s been promising a healthcare plan since he got elected. He has none, like almost everything else he talks about. He does not have a plan. He doesn’t have a plan. And the fact is this man doesn’t know what he’s talking about. [crosstalk 00:17:14].

In that segment, Trump spoke for 105 seconds, Biden spoke for 121 seconds, and Wallace spoke for 36 seconds. This was supposed to be Open Discussion yet Wallace kept telling Trump to shut up and let Biden Talk. He also told Trump he had to give equal time to both people yet Biden had more time.
    Last edited by DiverseSegregation; 10-01-2020 at 08:15 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's who talked the most in the first debate

We tracked how much time both candidates spoke in tonight's debate. President Trump edged out former vice president Joe Biden speaking more than 39 minutes while Biden spoke for over 37 minutes.

Last edited by DiverseSegregation; 10-01-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Wallace singled out Proud Boys as white supremacist. The group is headed up by a guy named Enrique Tarrio. That is a Spanish origin name. The group deems itself "Western chauvenist."
    Why didn't Wallace ask Biden to denounce Antifa as a terrorist organization?
    That's a good question, but Biden said Antifa is an idea and I think some liberals don't believe Antifa exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    Why should Trump denounce white supremacists? Asking him if he would denounce them is an insinuation that he doesn't denounce them, when in fact there is zero evidence that he endorses any white supremacist group
    Because people on the left think he's a racist. If he wants to convince them he has to be more obvious about his dislike for white supremacy. Some are skeptical because of his comments on Charlottesville and some of the things he has said in the past about undocumented immigration, etc.

Just to be clear, I don't think he's a racist. But I wish he was more clear about it and explained himself better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Richard Spencer the Neo Nazi supports Biden. Why hasn't chris wallace asked Biden to condemn Spencer?
    Because he condemned Spencer
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Because people on the left think he's a racist. If he wants to convince them he has to be more obvious about his dislike for white supremacy. Some are skeptical because of his comments on Charlottesville and some of the things he has said in the past about undocumented immigration, etc.

Just to be clear, I don't think he's a racist. But I wish he was more clear about it and explained himself better.
    Critical race theory brainwashes people into thinking everyone is racist and makes people think they are racist. It conditions people to be controlled by xenophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Critical race theory brainwashes people into thinking everyone is racist and makes people think they are racist. It conditions people to be controlled by xenophobia.
    That may be the case, but some on the left need help realizing the errors of critical race theory. How can they be helped?

I just watched Mcenany's press conference and they're STILL asking why Trump "won't denounce white supremacy"! To which of course, she replied that he does, and has denounced it, offered numerous quotes as proof, and mentioned his desire to prosecute the KKK as domestic terrorists.

And it was Fox's John Roberts - who I thought was better than this (he's not!) that was really pushing it and not accepting the answer. After the press conference he was complaining to the host about it on the air - complaining about people hammering him online for asking it AGAIN. He makes a suggestion that if Trump didn't know about them, Trump should've asked who the Proud Boys are - "tell me a little bit about them, and then I can..." Yeah, right - as if they would've followed through and given him actual answers! What BS! (They all want to keep using this Proud Boys angle, ALL WITHOUT EVER REPORTING ANYTHING ABOUT WHO THEY ACTUALLY ARE OR WHAT THEY'VE ACTUALLY DONE! So dishonest!)

John Roberts:
    ....This all remains very puzzling! So for those of you on twitter who are hammering me, for answering that ques-[sic] for asking that question, I DON"T CARE! [while wavering his head back and forth in incredulity] Because it's a question that needs to be asked and clearly, the presidents republican colleagues a mile away from here, are looking for an answer too! So stop deflecting! Stop blaming the media! [very angry] I'm tired of it!
    So yeah, it's just like the newsletter thing - In order to prolong the accusation, they refuse to accept the answer! They keep asking for a denunciation, he keeps giving the denunciation they demand - but it's never enough. The next time they see him - SAME QUESTION!

"Will you denunciate...?" Of course he gets pissed! Then it's like - "Oh your mad?! [that we keep hectoring you with this same question which you've aleady answered many times?] "Why are you mad? Obviously it's true that your a racist, or you wouldn't get mad! We've PROVEN that your racist!"

A few more interesting tidbits came out:

Did you know that John Roberts is married to some other "news" person from ABC? Right after the press conference (before he showed his anger) - he admitted that it was his own wife - Kierra or Kyra Phillips (?) from ABC, who asked Trump the SAME QUESTION YESTERDAY at a press conference.

Roberts complained that he said, "I've always denounced that" - stressing the word "that".
    "For some reason, they're not saying the word!" - stressing the word "word". He thinks it doesn't "count" unless he speaks aloud the words "white supremacy", "racism" and whatever else, within his denunciation! WTF? What child came up with these rules?!

So there you have it! Apparently the media believes that Trump owes it to them, to swear some kind of precisely worded, extremely conscise, legal oath that has all the power of some signed legal document! No doubt they imagine they can hold it over his head whenever they don't like something he does!

$#@! these crybabies and their made-up rules!

Furthermore, Tim Scott, Mitch McConell and Lindsey Graham need to STFU! They should be researching the Proud Boys themselves, finding out for themselves whether or not they deserve to be denounced! Instead they're siding with the media, taking the media at their word - even though they've offered no evidence, and have a loooong and well-know history of smearing innocent people as racists! So $#@! Graham, Scott and McConnell too!
    Last edited by Valli6; 10-01-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Debate was waste of time.

All those who opposed a genuine 3rd party alternative leading up to this low point are also responsible for current state of affairs.
    If there were a genuine 3rd party altenative polling at about 5% day before the debate, the day after the debate would have easily seen 10 points jump just due to sheer disappointment of the public with both well funded major parties leadership and direction.

In terms of political circus optics, Trump was still fiesty, sharp and energetic (but negative energy mostly and he rarely smiled) and Biden lived up to the 'sleepy Joe' image with dull reflexes.

Also, timing of NYT hit piece two days before the debate seems to have achieved at least part of its intended purpose if we look at screenshots of face of Trump during opening minutes of the debate... and the rest of the debate played out with that angry tone. Trump seems to place lot of premium on his image as a 'very rich man' and that NYT leak story attacked that image and managed to make it a topic of the debate.

Zero debate questions on Foreign Policy, Forever Wars, 14,000 troops sent to mideast in 2019
    Granted no media reports of controvercial debate moderator being on any of Epstein plane rides, why there was no question on:

taxpayers funded forever wars policies,
    14,000 troops Trump sent to mideast in 2019,
    Iraq war neocons slipping into GOPA funded administration,
    'follow the money' doctrine/globalist lobbies buying & grooming gullible politicians,
    Biden's vote for Iraq war,
    Iraq/Afghan/Syria interventions and other global interventions failures,
    exploding national debt

?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And you, by extension are a rayciss debil as well.

Deplorable...
    Absolutely. On a FB page smeone had posted about how Trump told the "white supremist group" Proud Boys to "Stand by." I merely posted that the Proud Boy wasn't a white supremist group. And linked sources including to Enrique Tarrio. Out of the 12 that were engaged in the discussion 7 condemned me as a racisss.

Chris Wallace should have asked Biden Why antifa.com brings users to his donation website page.
    Last edited by DiverseSegregation; 10-01-2020 at 01:37 PM.

That may be the case, but some on the left need help realizing the errors of critical race theory. How can they be helped?
    Critical race theory is racism. The only way to argue against is not to beat around the bush and debate the merits of it on their terms and not be politically correct about it. There is merit to treating people with respect and being nice but political correctness and critical race theory makes people racist by forcing people to believe in racial identities instead of treating people the same like people want to be treated they treat them differently enforcing stereotypes that are negative into their opinion of people. People act different when you treat them differently so there is a feedback loop involved. It forcefully takes away peoples dignity and forces Americans to define and assign eachother as different based on our skin color or culture instead of people seeing eachother as fellow Americans. Its thinly veiled racism wrapped in politically correct language meant to make people who would normally see eachother as human beings treat eachother like they are a different type of human. The only way to end racism is not to teach it with political correct language and make it not politically profitable by defunding it.

LOL - And the guy who praised, who heaped a flowery eulogy upon, who called a friend a mentor, an actual Grand Kleagle of KKK doesn't need to say a thing to convince anybody he's not rayciss.

The whole line of questioning sucks.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - And the guy who praised, who heaped a flowery eulogy upon, who called a friend a mentor, an actual Grand Kleagle of KKK doesn't need to say a thing to convince anybody he's not rayciss.

The whole line of questioning sucks.
    Yeah but if you have a debate moderator helping one candidate by reinforcing Biden's remarks its a pathetic smear. They accused him of being racist they called him racist and then asked him to denounce being racist simultaneously. That wasn't unintentional at all. The debate was rigged and Trump still held his own and now they want to rig it for Biden more. It's a loser smear tactic and I hope it backfires.

Some are skeptical because of what the MEDIA SAID he said about Charlottesville and undocumented immigration.

It's the media that needs to be clear, to quit lying and quit trying to divide us.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post

John Roberts:

....This all remains very puzzling! So for those of you on twitter who are hammering me, for answering that ques-[sic] for asking that question, I DON"T CARE! [while wavering his head back and forth in incredulity] Because it's a question that needs to be asked and clearly, the presidents republican colleagues a mile away from here, are looking for an answer too! So stop deflecting! Stop blaming the media! [very angry] I'm tired of it!
    Poor John. He just crossed the line between reporting and opinion.

You need a vacation John.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Yeah but if you have a debate moderator helping one candidate by reinforcing Biden's remarks its a pathetic smear. They accused him of being racist they called him racist and then asked him to denounce being racist simultaneously. That wasn't unintentional at all. The debate was rigged and Trump still held his own and now they want to rig it for Biden more. It's a loser smear tactic and I hope it backfires.
    Yeah, I know...but I have a case of Negro Fatigue so bad now it is damn near fatal.

I do not care what the coloreds think or want or what their grievance du jour is any longer.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-01-2020 at 05:35 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast