Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump predictably nominates Catholic judge Barrett

Trump predictably nominates Catholic judge Barrett

*Yawn* Another Catholic/Jesuit nominee to SCOTUS. So random and unpredictable.

Didn't you read in the media that liberals hate her, so she must be a great nominee for conservatives and most definitely is not a Vatican NWO plant

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ett-scotus-nyt

NBC News report - Official announcement Saturday
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/25/trum...-vacancy-.html
    Last edited by devil21; 09-25-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Didn't you read in the media that liberals hate her, so she must be a great nominee for conservatives and most definitely is not a Vatican NWO plant

The New York Times and their anonymous sources know all and see all and thou shalt continue to believe them no matter how often they are wrong.

The devil commands it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Good.
    It's just an anonymous claim by the NYT.
    @Brian4Liberty, can we get this fake news headline changed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The New York Times and their anonymous sources know all and see all and thou shalt continue to believe them no matter how often they are wrong.

The devil commands it.
    I'm sure she's doubly plus good for libertarians too! Because, ya know, Catholics have always been known throughout history for their staunch support for individual liberty.

What's an anon claim? That Barrett is the nominee? It was just scrolled on CNBC's crawl also.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I'm sure she's doubly plus good for libertarians too! Because, ya know, Catholics have always been known throughout history for their staunch support for individual liberty.
    You are a liar and have named yourself after the father of it, Trump has not announced a choice yet and anonymous claims in the NYT prove nothing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are a liar and have named yourself after the father of it, Trump has not announced a choice yet and anonymous claims in the NYT prove nothing.
    LOL your posts won't age very well.

Who's the liar?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...e-court-2020-9

There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You had better be more careful about reading so you don't fall for the lie.

Both of those links are also "anonymous sources".

But if you are not illiterate then you may be a fellow liar to devil.

Trump has not announced a choice yet and anonymous claims in the MSM prove nothing

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

I have not made any claim that will age well or poorly, Trump MAY nominate her.

You have posted that it has already happened when it has not based on anonymous sources, your thread stank the moment you posted it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd say she's a high probability. The NYT throws darts at an issue and claims 'anonymous source.' 99% of the time they don't even hit the board. But, they are probably right on this one. I don't really care. I don't have a huge problem with her. Better than anyone Hillary would have put forward. Could you imagine the court now if she had won?

I'd say she's a high probability. The NYT throws darts at an issue and claims 'anonymous source.' 99% of the time they don't even hit the board. But, they are probably right on this one. I don't really care. I don't have a huge problem with her. Better than anyone Hillary would have put forward. Could you imagine the court now if she had won?
    She is not my choice but she will be a MASSIVE improvement over Darth Bader and hopefully Trump will get several more vacancies to fill in his next term so he balance out the imperfections of his picks.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What's an anon claim? That Barrett is the nominee? It was just scrolled on CNBC's crawl also.
    That is the anonymous claim in many MSM outlets, try reading the article you posted.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    LoL you still watch CNBC, and still believe the NYTimes.

Anyways, fake news is a red flag, and el trumpador makes it charge every time.

The only way the fake news could be destroying Trump's big announcement is if he wants them to, which makes me think he might just be picking somebody else. A ruler should be unpredictable, even to his own generals.

There are five women, and until tomorrow, nobody will know. Fake news saying it is so does not make it so.

NBC News report - Official announcement Saturday
    Adding another MSM source with anonymous sources does nothing to repair your lying headline.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

I have not made any claim that will age well or poorly, Trump MAY nominate her.

You have posted that it has already happened when it has not based on anonymous sources, your thread stank the moment you posted it.
    Hey maybe you're right and it's yet another masterful 48D chess move from the master chess disinformation guru. Maybe Donald will step out tomorrow and nominate a Southern Evangelical Lutheran and blow everyone's mind. Let's hold our breath, shall we?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll take this with a grain of salt until Trump announces his pick tomorrow.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

So now it's edgy to see the NYT's anonymous sources as a sound media for real news? I never realized that was the preferred alternative news source for those who distrust the MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    So now it's edgy to see the NYT's anonymous sources as a sound media for real news? I never realized that was the preferred alternative news source for those who distrust the MSM.
    It's highly unlikely that NBC News, of all sources, would run with the story unless they were certain that it is accurate. It's not like the Trump WH has been air tight and leak free for the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'll take this with a grain of salt until Trump announces his pick tomorrow.
    Throw it over your shoulder and put it in the devil's eye.

It's highly unlikely that NBC News, of all sources, would run with the story unless they were certain that it is accurate. It's not like the Trump WH has been air tight and leak free for the last 4 years.
    Because NBC is a "trusted" news source. Oh, that is funny.

Because NBC is a "trusted" news source. Oh, that is funny.
    I guess we will see tomorrow. Fox News is reporting it also.

I guess we will see tomorrow. Fox News is reporting it also.
    Well, Fox news is A-1 when it comes to truthiness!

It may be correct, but I have my doubts. Usually in these cases a president releases a name. People go nuts researching that judge and then the actual one is someone totally different who nobody is ready to attack.

Trump has a way of playing people's (especially the press and other politician's) emotions like a fiddle.

I guess we will see in a few hours.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump keeps saying Fox News is not what it once was or used to be. He words were wait until tomorrow to find out.

Trump is expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court

By Paula Reid, Ben Tracy, Fin Gomez, Arden Farhi and Melissa Quinn
    Updated on: September 25, 2020 / 8:13 PM / CBS News

Washington — President Trump is expected to nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Supreme Court, CBS News has confirmed, according to multiple sources involved in or familiar with the selection process.

It's possible Mr. Trump could change his mind, but at this point, Barrett is expected to be announced as the president's choice Saturday afternoon at the White House.
    The president, asked by reporters at Joint Base Andrews Friday evening whether he has made a decision on a nominee, replied, "In my own mind, yes." Though he would not confirm that Barrett is his pick, he did call her "outstanding."
    cbsnews.com/news/amy-coney-barrett-trump-supreme-court-intended-pick-nominates/

This alters the delicate diversity balance a bit.
    Today, six of the nine justices are Catholic — if you count Neil Gorsuch, who was raised Catholic and has attended an Episcopal Church. The other three are Jewish
    Jul 7, 2018
    NPR

That said, some of the preliminary criticisms of her Constitutional stances seem way too blunt:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6980678

Potentially Related

Trump mobilizing U.S. military to deliver coronavirus vaccine

Trump just knee-capped Governor Kemp

I dunno, guys. On some level, I would trust RGB to rule in favor of liberties more than I would Barrett.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast