Thread: Trump warns Democrats he might pack Supreme Court

Trump warns Democrats he might pack Supreme Court

Donald Trump responded to some Democrats warning they might “pack” the Supreme Court if they win the White House and Senate by saying Republicans should do just that if they hold onto power in November’s elections.

"I guess we could do that too, right? We could do that too,” the president said during a campaign rally in Jacksonville as he courted voters in the key swing state of Florida.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-warns-d...235745654.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I always thought it was weird for Democrats to say they'll pack the court when Trump can just do the exact same thing if he wanted to.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Packing the court requires control of the House, Senate and POTUS. Neither party currently controls all three.

Not so fast. FDR's attempt to pack the Court in 1937, at a time when Democrats controlled both houses of Congress, failed. While it's true that Justice Owen Roberts's "switch in time that saved nine" may have made the attempt moot, the idea was unpopular among the public and Congress even before Roberts's switch. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judici...m_Bill_of_1937

Moreover, Trump can't pack the Court at present because the Republicans don't control the House. Unlike the confirmation of a Justice, which involves only the Senate, an increase in the number of Justices requires the approval of both houses.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-13-2020 at 09:24 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-13-2020 at 09:25 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

None of this ridiculousness matters. It is another attempt at keeping the duopoly alive and well.

Folks had better start thinking and acting as freedom loving individuals, rather than looking to Politicians and Rule by 5.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

"I guess we could do that too, right? We could do that too,” the president said during a campaign rally in Jacksonville as he courted voters in the key swing state of Florida.
    Just to remove ambiguity, who is 'we'?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It's actually very simple. Instead of running as a Democrat, he is running GOP, so he must attack the Democrats. Some of his kids didn't get the memo though.

Trump pick Kavanaugh Emerges as Liberal Hope

"Conservative" SCOTUS Rules LBGT protected by law, but punts gun rights cases

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.