Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with Amy Coney Barrett?

What's the deal with Amy Coney Barrett?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It would be good to know more about her. A one issue Supreme Court nomination would be very bad. Everything I hear about her revolves around abortion, nothing about anything else. We don't need another Roberts in there.
    I don't know that I've seen a "candidate" for anything pushed as much by the establishment as Amy Coney Barrett. Calling her by three names is like a blatant marketing scam. Replace three name "Darth Vader Ginsberg" with "Amy Coney Barrett".

I get the feeling another Roberts is being pushed here.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-24-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know that I've seen a "candidate" for anything pushed as much by the establishment as Amy Coney Barrett. Calling her by three names is like a blatant marketing scam. Replace three name "Darth Vader Ginsberg" with "Amy Coney Barrett".

I think that the single issue bit is largely due to RBG and the abortion history with her. Its going to be the issue regardless of who the nominee is. "Are they pro-life or Pro-Choice" there is this default ideology that the next one must be "just like" RBG otherwise the Earth will stop rotating around the Sun.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I think that the single issue bit is largely due to RBG and the abortion history with her. Its going to be the issue regardless of who the nominee is. "Are they pro-life or Pro-Choice" there is this default ideology that the next one must be "just like" RBG otherwise the Earth will stop rotating around the Sun.
    Thought I heard a positive story about ACB (let's go ahead and give her a three letter acronym now, like RBG or AOC) from the New York Neocon Times the other day. I can't help but feel there is a set-up going on in all of this.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Thought I heard a positive story about ACB (let's go ahead and give her a three letter acronym now, like RBG or AOC) from the New York Neocon Times the other day. I can't help but feel there is a set-up going on in all of this.
    Wtf, omg ACB LOL! smdh 4tptb

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

She allegedly made a poor legal decision recently regarding COVID lockdowns, not sure if she has a good legal explanation for that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You're absolutely on the right track.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

She is down with Uncle Sugar running your life and is cool with them needling you against your will. It’s no wonder that they are pushing her tyranny loving ass.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I doubt she will get the nod. Presidents tend to release a name. That candidate takes all the flack. Then the president nominates an unknown.

Although in Trump's case, he rarely does what most presidents do.

If she is pro lock down, then I don't want anything to do with her.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If she is pro lock down, then I don't want anything to do with her.
    I'm with you there. I was excited to read about her one very pro-2nd Amendment ruling, but if she is defending the lockdowns, I'm out.

This is one of the most insane hit pieces that I have ever seen.

I think she was appointed Federal Judge in 2017 and previously was a lawyer and teacher. Is just a few years experience as a Judge really enough to nominate someone to the Supreme Court?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    She allegedly made a poor legal decision recently regarding COVID lockdowns, not sure if she has a good legal explanation for that.
    I don't have all the facts, but from my understanding this was not a "pro-lockdown" political decision, but a narrow legal rejection of the sketchy argument the plaintiffs were presenting:

The plaintiffs were making a weak legal argument against state-level lockdowns on the basis of the 14th Amendment, and it would have arguably been a stretch to accept it. Doing so might also set a precedent eroding states' rights in other cases where an expansive interpretation of the 14th Amendment is more dangerous...kind of like how a stretchy interpretation of the 9th Amendment got us Roe vs. Wade. If you don't see yet how that might be dangerous with the 14th, think about where the farthest reaches of LGBTQP stuff is going, where the P stands for Pedophile.

Saying "We can't kill the lockdowns on these grounds" is not the same thing as saying, "The lockdowns are okay." Unlike the almost-70-year-old Saint Benitez, being a serious Supreme Court candidate means she doesn't [yet?] have the luxury of ignoring the plaintiffs' actual arguments and making better ones FOR them that they never actually introduced. (YMMV on whether judges making pro-Constitutional arguments the plaintiffs didn't think of, is being an activist judge.) She had to go with what they presented, and it seems like they dropped the ball.

It's still possible that she's a snake in the grass, but jumping to that conclusion based on this decision seems prejudicial to me. In the past she's ruled for expansive interpretations of both the 2nd and 4th Amendments, and that combination is generally reassuring: The first one shows she's no left-winger, while the last one shows she's no Kavanaugh-like neocon.
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 09-25-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

I really haven't had time to go over his picks. They are all clowns in gowns that re-interpret original intent. And always will be.

So does anyone have a short list of qualifications for his contenders?

From what little I've read Barbara Lagoa would be a slam dunk pick and pick up the Latino vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    I don't have all the facts, but from my understanding this was not a "pro-lockdown" political decision, but a narrow legal rejection of the sketchy argument the plaintiffs were presenting:

The plaintiffs were making a weak legal argument against state-level lockdowns on the basis of the 14th Amendment, and it would have arguably been a stretch to accept it. Doing so might also set a precedent eroding states' rights in other cases where an expansive interpretation of the 14th Amendment is more dangerous...kind of like how a stretchy interpretation of the 9th Amendment got us Roe vs. Wade. If you don't see yet how that might be dangerous with the 14th, think about where the farthest reaches of LGBTQP stuff is going, where the P stands for Pedophile.

Saying "We can't kill the lockdowns on these grounds" is not the same thing as saying, "The lockdowns are okay." Unlike the almost-70-year-old Saint Benitez, being a serious Supreme Court candidate means she doesn't [yet?] have the luxury of ignoring the plaintiffs' actual arguments and making better ones FOR them that they never actually introduced. (YMMV on whether judges making pro-Constitutional arguments the plaintiffs didn't think of, is being an activist judge.) She had to go with what they presented, and it seems like they dropped the ball.

It's still possible that she's a snake in the grass, but jumping to that conclusion based on this decision seems prejudicial to me. In the past she's ruled for expansive interpretations of both the 2nd and 4th Amendments, and that combination is generally reassuring: The first one shows she's no left-winger, while the last one shows she's no Kavanaugh-like neocon.
    Thank you for the info
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Agreed, don't like her, shes the wrong choice. Many poor rulings. If Trump goes through with this pick it'll be a hell of an improvement over RBG but nothing to smile about. Her nomination likely wont pass as easy as lagoa, who was confirmed 80-15.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I really haven't had time to go over his picks. They are all clowns in gowns that re-interpret original intent. And always will be.

So does anyone have a short list of qualifications for his contenders?

From what little I've read Barbara Lagoa would be a slam dunk pick and pick up the Latino vote.
    Yes she would. She also represented Elian Gonzales pro bono. Lagpa has a much better track record.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes she would. She also represented Elian Gonzales pro bono. Lagpa has a much better track record.
    The one thing we have to remember is that he can only lose three Republican/RINO votes so the Senate has a big say in who he gets to pick.

ACB will be a massive improvement over Darth Bader even if the worst interpretation of her record is correct.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Agreed, don't like her, shes the wrong choice. Many poor rulings. If Trump goes through with this pick it'll be a hell of an improvement over RBG but nothing to smile about. Her nomination likely wont pass as easy as lagoa, who was confirmed 80-15.
    I have seen the argument made that so many Demoncrats voting for Lagoa is a bad sign.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Interesting development, some of the high profile Deep Neocons are defending ACB; widely respected Iraq war championing neoconservative Joe Lieberman just came to ACB's defense and criticized those who were criticizing her 'because of her religious beliefs'. (Ironically, same Lieberman had praised and compared to Moses a controversial Deep Ziocons linked and lately Trump supporting pastor who had championed wars in the name of Jesus and also repeatedly used very offensive language about Catholics).

With limited info, still not convinced that this is another Deep Neocons play to game the base gullibles with clever marketing ahead of appointment. But anyone knows what are her stances on Forever Wars authorizations, Deep State (perpetual wars profiteers wing)/Deep Neocons, civil liberties, America-First etc?

Joe Lieberman slams 'un-American' criticism of Judge Amy Coney Barrett's Catholic faith

Former senator, 2000 Dem VP choice calls criticism of judge's religion 'really abhorrent'
    foxnews.com/politics/lieberman-amy-coney-barrett-catholic-faith

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Interesting development, some of the high profile Deep Neocons are defending ACB; widely respected Iraq war championing neoconservative Joe Lieberman just came to ACB's defense and criticized those who were criticizing her 'because of her religious beliefs'. (Ironically, same Lieberman had praised and compared to Moses a controversial Deep Ziocons linked and lately Trump supporting pastor who had championed wars in the name of Jesus and also repeatedly used very offensive language about Catholics).

With limited info, still not convinced that this is another Deep Neocons play to game the base gullibles with clever marketing ahead of appointment. But anyone knows what are her stances on Forever Wars authorizations, Deep State (perpetual wars profiteers wing)/Deep Neocons, civil liberties, America-First etc?

foxnews.com/politics/lieberman-amy-coney-barrett-catholic-faith
    Rand says she is good and for those who listen to Judge Swamp he also says she is good.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1309963184565084160

[VIDEO] Judge Nap discusses Amy Barrett

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Rand says she is good and for those who listen to Judge Swamp he also says she is good.
    .. and also for those who listen to Deep Neocons like Joe Lieberman, she is not bad.

Rand is better than 98+% of politicians but his political stances do seem to evolve from time to time as he gains more political maturity; not too long ago he had called GOPA globalists funded leader 'less presidential than a speck of dirt' if recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The one thing we have to remember is that he can only lose three Republican/RINO votes so the Senate has a big say in who he gets to pick.

ACB will be a massive improvement over Darth Bader even if the worst interpretation of her record is correct.
    Her siding with Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), is a real problem for me.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw some of my progressive friends go nuts about this meme. It blasphemed the newly canonized RBG.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I saw some of my progressive friends go nuts about this meme. It blasphemed the newly canonized RBG.

What do we call RBG now? St. Ruth? Lord Bader?

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I think she was appointed Federal Judge in 2017 and previously was a lawyer and teacher. Is just a few years experience as a Judge really enough to nominate someone to the Supreme Court?
    What does the constitution say about that?

What do we call RBG now? St. Ruth? Lord Bader?
    I'll stick with calling her a witch.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If the "establishment" actually likes her, she must be a piece of $#@!.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This is one of the most insane hit pieces that I have ever seen.

If shes pro-life, thats obviously a good thing.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast