Thread: Idaho Police Arrest 3 at Outdoor Church Worship Event in Defiance of Mask Mandate

Exclamation Idaho Police Arrest 3 at Outdoor Church Worship Event in Defiance of Mask Mandate

While I think everyone is universally opposed to BLM Marxist bull$#@!, never forget that cops are still not your pals, as too many seem to think.

They are agents of the state.

Idaho Police Arrest 3 at Outdoor Church Worship Event in Defiance of Mask Mandate

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2020...-mask-mandate/

Ezra Dulis 24 Sep 2020

Police in Moscow, Idaho, arrested three people Wednesday for violating social distancing rules as their church sang hymns and Bible psalms outdoors — an event held, in part, to protest the city mayor’s mask mandate, which runs to January 2021.

Officers arrested Gabriel Rench, Rachel Bohnet, and Sean Bohnet, according to Moscow Report, a local independent news outlet. A video uploaded to social media shows Bohnet, a local music teacher, and his wife telling officers they refused to comply with an inaudible order. Moscow Report says the apparent infraction is that they refused to show identification.

Footage of the couple’s arrest shows the church body singing the hymn “Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow” as officers place them in handcuffs.

Rench is a co-host of CrossPolitic, a Christian political talk show, and a candidate for county commissioner. “You guys should not be doing this,” he told officers as they walked him to a squad car. “And doing this kind of crap for the mayor, this is embarrassing. You guys are stronger than this.”

Released that same day, Rench appeared on his talk show to discuss the arrest, playing extended footage of his conversation with officers. One of his companions is heard telling the officers “We backed you guys” at recent Black Lives Matter protests advocating to defund the police. “They didn’t send you [to enforce social distancing] with BLM to go do that when they said defund you guys. We backed you guys.”

“I got booked in jail; I was in jail for about two hours,” he said. “And as they were de-booking me, or whatever they call it, I’m walking out and I go by their office, which is right next to where I’m getting booked out. And there’s three deputies in the officer, and two of them aren’t wearing masks and sitting right next to each other. And I said, ‘hey, should they get arrested?'”

The Lewiston Tribune reports that about 150 people attended the event, organized by Christ Church — a Reformed evangelical church famous for its outspoken pastor Doug Wilson, an author who debated atheist Christopher Hitchens in the 2000s.

The paper quotes a Christ Church pastor as saying the event was a “statement” against the city’s “largely groundless” laws:

The Rev. Ben Zornes, a Christ Church pastor and organizer of the event, said the church hosts psalm, or hymn, events about once a month at places like Friendship Square, East City Park or a house. Zornes said Wednesday’s psalm sing was also a fitting way to show that residents want a return to normalcy in the face of COVID-19.

“We wanted to make a statement we’re ready to head back to normal,” he said, claiming it is time to start pushing back against “largely groundless” laws — referencing the mask order — that are being passed and enforced without giving heed to what residents want.

Wilson accused Moscow Mayor Bill Lambert of hypocritically flouting the city’s mask mandate, writing about the arrests on his personal blog:

[L]ast Monday night, our city council extended their masking mandate into January. This, despite the fact that our county, Latah County, has had zero hospitalizations, and there have been zero deaths. We are not facing a medical emergency here. This has become increasingly obvious to every unbiased observer as time has gone by. And despite the fact that there is no medical emergency here, our city council unanimously outlawed merry Christmas at the cash registers around town, requiring us instead to offer a muffled mmerrhr cccrrissmuh.

The second factor is that just a few weeks ago, there was an outdoor wedding here, presided over by our mayor. At least one of our council members was in attendance, as was law enforcement. Masks, however, were not in attendance. If there was no virus hazard at that wedding (and there was not), then there was no virus hazard at our psalm sing yesterday (as there was not). If anyone is interested in pursuing that issue, I understand that weddings frequently have photographers at them. I have seen evidence of just such a photographer. By having his police department enforce his order, our mayor is not enforcing an order that we don’t believe has merit, but which he does. No, not even close. He is enforcing an order that he does not believe in either.

So we have every right to protest the high hypocrisy involved in all of this. Not only so, but I believe we have a responsibility to do so.

On the CrossPolitic broadcast, Rench said the psalm sing event was about asserting individual liberty. “Is it about the masks? Kind of,” he said. “But it’s not. It’s way bigger than that.”

“It’s about the direction our country is going,” co-host Toby Sumpter chimed in. “About us rejecting Christ, rebelling against Christ… if you can riot in Portland, for how many days? A hundred days? If you can have CHOP or CHAZ or whatever it was in Seattle, and all of that going on — and the police are hands off, getting defunded. And if you can have a Black Lives Matter rally in Moscow, Idaho, in the middle of July — completely unharassed — and then you have a few hundred Christians singing praises to Jesus and they’re getting arrested, what has happened to your country?”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The 147 other church members could have stopped them from being taken to the rape cages. Without violence. I can only dream for now.

Kudos to the three willing to go the distance. Those are real heroes.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Funny that people think they could run to Idaho to escape the leftist disease. It's too late, far too many carriers have already gone there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

No one had on a mask. Apparently, they arrested them on the bull$#@! charge of not showing ID. In the comments of the OP article, someone stated the guy is running for city commissioner and the mayor doesn't like him - politically motivated harassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

“$#@! the police” is the only point on which I agree with antifa/blm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    The 147 other church members could have stopped them from being taken to the rape cages. Without violence. I can only dream for now.

Kudos to the three willing to go the distance. Those are real heroes.
    How do you figure?

If you told me a year ago that people would be arrested for not wearing a mask at a church worship, I wouldn't believe you.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

My church was considering having a socially distanced service added that permitted people to attend who, for reasons of medical need or conscience, were not required to wear a mask. Someone ratted it out to the city and/or state and the service was nixed.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    How do you figure?
    Block the exits with their bodies. Call all the local media. Call all their family and friends. Something other than nothing would be preferable at this point.

The walls are closing in faster than any of us can comprehend.

In the history of the world, no government has been able to force its will on the people without armed men willing to follow orders.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Released that same day, Rench appeared on his talk show to discuss the arrest, playing extended footage of his conversation with officers. One of his companions is heard telling the officers “We backed you guys” at recent Black Lives Matter protests advocating to defund the police. “They didn’t send you [to enforce social distancing] with BLM to go do that when they said defund you guys. We backed you guys.” - Gabe Rench

Powerful lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Powerful lesson learned.
    Hopefully so.

However, Boobus still backs the boyz in black with all of his heart.

Because......'Murika.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Funny that people think they could run to Idaho to escape the leftist disease. It's too late, far too many carriers have already gone there.
    Just heard today about a leftist (acquaintance) who fled the mess in California they condoned and helped create, and is actively trying to indoctrinate people in the place they "escaped" to.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Block the exits with their bodies. Call all the local media. Call all their family and friends. Something other than nothing would be preferable at this point.

The walls are closing in faster than any of us can comprehend.
    And out come the rubber bullets, pepper-fog, and ultimately the bullets. If you think the oinkers won't open fire with live ammo on such a group of resisters, you are being naive.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    And out come the rubber bullets, pepper-fog, and ultimately the bullets. If you think the oinkers won't open fire with live ammo on such a group of resisters, you are being naive.
    I am back late to the party. Oh, I am not that naïve. Too bad the saying doesn't go "the tree of liberty requires Cheetos, Facebook, and a stinging internet snark..." I wish it did, man. We would have 100% Libertopia by now if that were the case.

What price are you willing to pay for liberty? It doesn't appear that minor inconveniences are even worth it to most.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I am back late to the party. Oh, I am not that naïve. Too bad the saying doesn't go "the tree of liberty requires Cheetos, Facebook, and a stinging internet snark..." I wish it did, man. We would have 100% Libertopia by now if that were the case.

What price are you willing to pay for liberty? It doesn't appear that minor inconveniences are even worth it to most.
    Exactly. We could have it in a matter of days, were enough of us willing to do what it takes.

Humans.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

It's important to track covid tyranny comeuppances.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christian...l-college-town

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    It's important to track covid tyranny comeuppances.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christian...l-college-town
    Great news and +rep

Thanks for the follow up.

Thanks for the bump. Don't forget that psychopathic rent-a-tyrants were showing up to bang on drums (out-of-sync), blow whistles, etc. during one of these Psalm Sing events (not sure if it's the same one as the arrest above).

This just goes to show you that this is absolutely not a purely political matter. We are dealing with absolute evil. They did not show up with drums and whistles to interfere with this congregation of people peacefully praising God because they care about public safety, that has now been proven beyond all possibility of denial. No, they are just the jack-booted enforcers who work for the very same dark lord as the public-agency tyrants in the PD, courts, etc. but using different means. That's not an oblique reference to George Soros, that's a direct reference to Satan. "Ah, come on, it's just some drums" -- mark my words, this will continue to escalate because they cannot stop escalating. They either win (take over the whole world, for good) or they burn forever in hell. It's "just some drums" today... the history of tyranny in the 20th century is a map showing how this continues to escalate from here. The difference is that, today, they are armed with infinitely more effective methods of control.

If you're not a believer in Jesus, read the Gospel of Mark (it takes about 90 minutes to read), then repent of your sins, believe in Jesus for salvation from death and hell, and obey him. Find a local church to receive the sign of baptism.

If you are a believer in Jesus, strap on the full armor of God, Ephesians 6:10 and following. The enemy is free-running across the field of battle and we will be clashing head-on with them any day now.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 07-20-2023 at 05:38 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Not the same video as my 9-24-20 post which is set private.

Now that case is settle hopefully someone can find it and re share it. Was quite disturbing.

Real tyranny is mostly boring. It has to be, because, as it attempts to seize the moral high-ground, it must always present itself in the dull gray light of "just doing our job."

Of course, they're absolutely not at all "just doing our job". They are jackbooted nazi thugs, and the only "job" they are doing is enforcing the tyranny that was handed down on orders from above. "Showing out for the boss." Every one of those officers could have made the obvious moral choice not to "show out for the boss". Like all police, they're supremely skilled at doing nothing, and this event would have been an ideal opportunity to put that skill to work, in service to their conscience. Of course, any officers in the PD with a functioning conscience would not have even showed up for this event. But if they're such cowards that they cannot even endure the feeling of risking a decrement on their next pay-raise, then show up and do nothing. That's called "the natural fear of God", meaning, the same reluctance that a street thug has to strike a priest. He may not believe in God, but he knows better than to attack him, just in case. But the boring grey men who are the main sinews of tyranny know no such fear, and have no such reluctance.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 07-20-2023 at 06:01 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28