Thread: Trump pick Kavanaugh Emerges as Liberal Hope?

Post Trump pick Kavanaugh Emerges as Liberal Hope?

CINO/RINO topic could be a major topic of interest again for traditional GOP conservatives as 'fool me 3.0' unfolds and another stealth Trump pick emerges as "Liberal Hope":
    H/T Bloomberg:

Kavanaugh Emerges as Man-in-the-Middle With Supreme Court Set to Shift Right

Greg Stohr 5 hrs ago
    (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh remains anathema to many liberals. The death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg means he also may soon be their best hope to save abortion rights and Obamacare.

Brett Kavanaugh Kavanaugh, who prefers narrower rulings than some of his conservative colleagues, would find himself at the court’s ideological center if President Donald Trump succeeds in replacing Ginsburg with a staunch conservative. From there he could decide how far, and how quickly, it turns to the right on some of the country’s most divisive issues.

“Kavanaugh would by default become the most logical person to play the pivot role,” said Carter Phillips, a lawyer at Sidley Austin who has argued 79 Supreme Court cases.

That would mean to some degree supplanting Chief Justice John Roberts, who has held the balance of power for the past two years, largely backing conservative results but joining with the liberal wing to strike down an abortion regulation and preserve the DACA deferred-deportation program.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Abortion rights were never in danger of being removed to begin with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge