Thread: Michigan city decriminalizes magic mushrooms, other psychedelic plants

Michigan city decriminalizes magic mushrooms, other psychedelic plants

The Ann Arbor, Mich., City Council unanimously voted this week to essentially decriminalize a wide range of psychedelic drugs, including psilocybin mushrooms, mescaline, and ayahuasca.

"The Mayor and City Council hereby declare that it shall be the policy of the City of Ann Arbor that the investigation and arrest of persons for planting, cultivating, purchasing, transporting, distributing, engaging in practices with, or possessing Entheogenic Plants or plant compounds which are on the Federal Schedule 1 list shall be the lowest law enforcement priority for the City of Ann Arbor," the resolution passed Monday says.

The resolution applies to "plants, fungi, and natural materials ... that can benefit psychological and physical wellness."

Much of the resolution is framed around the potential for psychedelic plants to treat disorders such as "substance abuse, addiction, recidivism, trauma, post-traumatic stress symptoms, chronic depression, severe anxiety, end-of-life anxiety, grief, cluster headaches, and other debilitating conditions."

Decriminalize Nature Ann Arbor, the group that helped usher the resolution through the Ann Arbor City Council, also cites American liberty and personal freedom in arguing for the decriminalization of psychedelic plants.

"Human beings and American citizens have an unalienable natural right to use plants of their choice," the group explains on its website.

Critics of the measure worry that the drugs could end up in the hands of kids or lead to other dangerous scenarios. The resolution attempts to address these concerns by saying it does not authorize "commercial sales or manufacturing of these plants and fungi, possessing or distributing these materials in schools, driving under the influence of these materials, or public disturbance."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...edelic-plants#
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like Dannno will be planning a trip to Michigan City in the near future.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

college town

they'll get high and vote for biden

Not a Fan of Drugs but it should not be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Not a Fan of Drugs but it should not be illegal.
    These Drugs haven't helped anyone medically i know. Unless these young people want to hurt themselves well i guess they have a right now to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    These Drugs haven't helped anyone medically i know. Unless these young people want to hurt themselves well i guess they have a right now to do so.
    Actually psychedelic drugs have helped lots of people, what is hard to find is documentation due to their legality.

Personally I'd rather see these used to battle depression than SSRI's and Benzos.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have the same position on drugs like ron paul.
    I hate them but they should be legal.
    But I have to be honest I smoked weed years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I have the same position on drugs like ron paul.
    I hate them but they should be legal.
    But I have to be honest I smoked weed years ago
    The problem isnt for someone who has smoked weed just once its the addiction to them.

I always like Psychedelics. Haven't done any in years but liked them when I did.

I'd imagine a lot of people are going to be very disappointed if they try recreational ayahuasca. That's crazy medicine man stuff, not something you take so you can enjoy television more.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Actually psychedelic drugs have helped lots of people, what is hard to find is documentation due to their legality.

Personally I'd rather see these used to battle depression than SSRI's and Benzos.
    Yep, and they are also really really fun.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by ammodotcom View Post
    I'd imagine a lot of people are going to be very disappointed if they try recreational ayahuasca. That's crazy medicine man stuff, not something you take so you can enjoy television more.
    Have you tried ayahuasca? Or mushrooms?

Ayahuasca breaks down into psylosin, so it's not totally unlike a mushroom trip. The cool thing about vaporizing or smoking DMT is that it's like a 100x mushroom trip that only lasts 10-15 minutes. Ayahuasca is just DMT with an MAOI inhibitor that allows for absorption after ingesting. It is less intense, but lasts the typical 5-6 hours.

The last thing I want to do on mushrooms is watch tv.. good lord, that would be pure torture..

You want to be out in nature when you do psychedelics. Or at a music festival/rave that is conducive to such - I would recommend a smaller dose or some experience with it if you are going to do that, though.

Last edited by dannno; 09-24-2020 at 12:25 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Oh no they didn’t.

Someone needs to reread with greater care.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Have you tried ayahuasca? Or mushrooms?

Ayahuasca breaks down into psylosin, so it's not totally unlike a mushroom trip. The cool thing about vaporizing or smoking DMT is that it's like a 100x mushroom trip that only lasts 10-15 minutes. Ayahuasca is just DMT with an MAOI inhibitor that allows for absorption after ingesting. It is less intense, but lasts the typical 5-6 hours.

The last thing I want to do on mushrooms is watch tv.. good lord, that would be pure torture..

You want to be out in nature when you do psychedelics. Or at a music festival/rave that is conducive to such - I would recommend a smaller dose or some experience with it if you are going to do that, though.

Yes, I tried Ayahuasca many years ago. Not sure your information is correct, however. If anything, I'd think psilocin would break down into DMT, as it's basically a DMT molecule with a phenolic hydroxyl group, but no matter.

Otherwise, yes, in my case, I believe I combined the bark of the vine Banisteriopsis Caapi (DMT) with the powdered seeds of the Syrian Rue (harmine, MOAI) plant. Quite a potent experience, indeed.

Also, good for Ann Arbor. All drugs need to be legal. That doesn't mean people should be irresponsible with them, or that the next day after legalization, everyone will be on a cocktail of speedballs and hallucinogens. It just means that people will have more freedom to make their own decisions again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    I always like Psychedelics. Haven't done any in years but liked them when I did.
    Years ago, you could still get "clean" meth.

That and mescalin was a favorite cocktail of mine.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

The problem isnt for someone who has smoked weed just once its the addiction to them.
    Right, and a tax supported national healthcare system that will pay for it all. Which is why on a personal level I'm good with it until you $#@! yourself up and expect the taxpayer to pay your hospital bill. You should have private insurance for that.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

The media controls what you hear about them. Big pharma owns the media and they don't want you doing anything that may cause you to be healed on your own.

I have known many people who stopped being a raging alcoholics after using LSD. People who have had "bad experiences with LSd and other psychedelic substances probably do have really bad mental problems to begin with. These substances could probably help them if they had guidance while taking them. A whole new industry could rise around it. Psychologist could profit big time from being a coach. I am pretty sure that benzo and other drugs that are prescribed for mental issues could be eliminated.

I haven't taken any psychedelics for a long time the good stuff seems to be unavailable now. I would not dare take any Lsd on the streets today. I ate some mushrooms about 15 years ago that were pretty good. Psychedelics always make me laugh my ass off. Everything just seems so ridiculous. The first time I did them I read "The Teachings of Don Juan" there was a hurricane passing thru and reading this book was the only thing that would keep me inside. I wanted to go out side really bad even though the wind and rain was really bad. The people I was with knew of my voracious reading ability so they gave me the book and I settled down. By the came the effects were over I had almost finished the book.
    The monster living inside your mind it will come out on psychedelics. Everyone has a monster inside some people are more in tune with it than others. If you have the right guidance you will not have a bad trip. You can let it control you or you can control it.

I am for all natural drugs being legal. I don't think I will see it happen in my life time. I think the only substances that should be controlled are the deadly poisons

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    The media controls what you hear about them. Big pharma owns the media and they don't want you doing anything that may cause you to be healed on your own.

I have known many people who stopped being a raging alcoholics after using LSD. People who have had "bad experiences with LSd and other psychedelic substances probably do have really bad mental problems to begin with. These substances could probably help them if they had guidance while taking them. A whole new industry could rise around it. Psychologist could profit big time from being a coach. I am pretty sure that benzo and other drugs that are prescribed for mental issues could be eliminated.

I haven't taken any psychedelics for a long time the good stuff seems to be unavailable now. I would not dare take any Lsd on the streets today. I ate some mushrooms about 15 years ago that were pretty good. Psychedelics always make me laugh my ass off. Everything just seems so ridiculous. The first time I did them I read "The Teachings of Don Juan" there was a hurricane passing thru and reading this book was the only thing that would keep me inside. I wanted to go out side really bad even though the wind and rain was really bad. The people I was with knew of my voracious reading ability so they gave me the book and I settled down. By the came the effects were over I had almost finished the book.
    The monster living inside your mind it will come out on psychedelics. Everyone has a monster inside some people are more in tune with it than others. If you have the right guidance you will not have a bad trip. You can let it control you or you can control it.

I am for all natural drugs being legal. I don't think I will see it happen in my life time. I think the only substances that should be controlled are the deadly poisons
    I had a family member of a family friend of ours who lived in Germany and used these so called drugs for her treatment a medical condition she had in her stomach sadly she dead a year ago.

She was even taking these drugs on small doses.

I had a family member of a family friend of ours who lived in Germany and used these so called drugs for her treatment a medical condition she had in her stomach sadly she dead a year ago.

She was even taking these drugs on small doses.
    Sorry to hear about your friend's family member but, I have never heard of using psychedelics for treating a stomach ailment. As far as I know they are only used medically to treat mental disorders and addiction.

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend's family member but, I have never heard of using psychedelics for treating a stomach ailment. As far as I know they are only used medically to treat mental disorders and addiction.
    Mushrooms can prevent migraines - micro-dosing allegedly works, but originally I had heard that if you trip on mushrooms they would ward off a migraine for at least 3-4 months, and up to a year.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-26-2020 at 12:55 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Mushrooms can prevent migraines - micro-dosing allegedly works, but originally I had heard that if you trip on mushrooms they would ward off a migraine for at least 3-4 months, and up to a year.
    I have never heard that before. I haven't looked up mushrooms for quite a while. Perhaps I should. I have known people to say they make their stomach hurt. They never hurt mine though. Cell towers make my head hurt a lot. There are places I just can't go because of them. I moved from one place because my head hurt so bad. Where I am now there are no cell towers within 10 miles of my house. Thanks@dannno