Thread: "Gay Marriage" in trouble?

Question "Gay Marriage" in trouble?

Streak of my wrong predictions continues, media reports suggest SCOTUS pick is imminent and this is the most likely pick:

Amy Coney Barrett
    She rejected the idea that Catholic judges should decide legal issues contrary to the church’s moral teachings.
    https://nwlc.org/blog/five-things-yo...coney-barrett/

If this is confirmed as non-fakenews and Barret is the SCOTUS pick, it would also indicate that Trump is not bound by the agenda of his top donor American-Israeli couple that was supposedly social liberal champion of LGBTQ rights.

Related

LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure the gay marriage ruling back in 2015 isn't going to be reversed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ditch Griswold going back to 1962(?) - trash it all.

mask mandate dissent, and endless lawsuits up corporate $#@!s coming soon

The chance of it being reversed is closer to zero percent than it is to one percent. Won't happen. The regrowth of conservative America won't happen through the courts, not on such a core issue. It's not even clear to me how they would hear a case that de-federalizes marriage. What would the tort be?
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    The chance of it being reversed is closer to zero percent than it is to one percent. Won't happen. The regrowth of conservative America won't happen through the courts, not on such a core issue. It's not even clear to me how they would hear a case that de-federalizes marriage. What would the tort be?
    A state just needs to enforce one of the state laws/constitutional amendments prohibiting it, if the qweers don't sue then they lose and if they do it goes to SCOTUS where the precedent can be overturned.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The gay marriage debacle stops when SCOTUS declares marriage licenses unconstitutional, citing the 1st amendment protection for religion. Nobody should be forced to seek permission/approval from government to be married.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    The gay marriage debacle stops when SCOTUS declares marriage licenses unconstitutional, citing the 1st amendment protection for religion. Nobody should be forced to seek permission/approval from government to be married.
    People who want to get married in a purely religious ceremony without a license can do so but if they want their union to be recognized by the law they'll need to get a license, except in those states that still recognize common-law marriages (which are more difficult to prove than licensed ones, especially after one spouse has died). There's absolutely nothing unconstitutional about it.

Of course, a state doesn't have to require marriage licenses, but I would think all of them would require at a minimum that something be filed of record to evidence that a marriage occurred. But this still requires the government's involvement.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is enhanced deficit promoting gay marriage and jews ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    People who want to get married in a purely religious ceremony without a license can do so but if they want their union to be recognized by the law they'll need to get a license, except in those states that still recognize common-law marriages (which are more difficult to prove than licensed ones, especially after one spouse has died). There's absolutely nothing unconstitutional about it.

Of course, a state doesn't have to require marriage licenses, but I would think all of them would require at a minimum that something be filed of record to evidence that a marriage occurred. But this still requires the government's involvement.
    The point of having witnesses at a wedding is so you can bring them to the court if you need to prove the marriage is legitimate.

Before state governments began requiring marriage licenses in the mid-1800's, that's how it was done.

If married couples want some of the legal benefits that come with a marriage license, they can acquire most of these through power of attorney.

I doubt that gay marriage is in trouble. If anything look for erosion of taboos against pedophilia.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    The point of having witnesses at a wedding is so you can bring them to the court if you need to prove the marriage is legitimate.

Before state governments began requiring marriage licenses in the mid-1800's, that's how it was done.

If married couples want some of the legal benefits that come with a marriage license, they can acquire most of these through power of attorney.
    Of course there's a slight problem if your witness is dead or otherwise unavailable.

A power of attorney won't work in situations where the law provides benefits to a "spouse". A power of attorney given by A may recite that B, the person to whom the power is given, is A's spouse, but all that does is authorize B to act on A's behalf. It doesn't establish that B really is A's spouse.

For example, suppose A dies without a will and state law provides that the decedent's property passes to his or her spouse. A power of attorney is useless to prove that B is entitled to the property. Maybe A and B were simply lovers and the only reason A stated that B was his/her spouse was to try to get spousal benefits for B because he hated his children who are entitled to inherit A's property if A died unmarried. Incidentally, a power of attorney expires upon the death of the grantor of the power.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Thumbs down Champion of LGBTQ Marriage

Marriage MAGA 2020
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 09-24-2020 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

The ‘frontrunner’ to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a staunch Catholic who believes marriage is between a man and a woman

Lily Wakefield September 22, 2020
    Amy Coney Barrett, Donald Trump’s reported “frontrunner” to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the US Supreme Court, is a devout Roman Catholic who believes that marriage is only between “a man and a woman”.

Barrett, a Seventh Circuit Court judge, has been widely reported as Trump’s “frontrunner” to fill the seat left vacant by the late Ginsburg, and reportedly met with the president at the White House on Monday (September 21), according to the Independent.

She was a top contender to replace justice Anthony Kennedy in 2018, when she lost out to out to Brett Kavanaugh. Sources told Axios that Trump said at the time: “I’m saving her for Ginsburg.”

As Trump prepares to announce his nominee by Saturday (September 26) at the latest, concerns are already swirling over Barrett’s anti-gay beliefs and membership of a religious group that declares that husbands are the leaders of their wives.

‘Dogma lives loudly’ in Supreme Court hopeful Amy Coney Barrett.

A part-time University of Notre Dame law professor, Amy Coney Barrett, 48 has previously espoused her view that marriage is between a man and a woman.

In 2015, while working as a full-time faculty member at the University of Notre Dame, the potential supreme court nominee joined a group of Catholic women in signing a letter in support of the Ordinary Synod of Bishops on the Family.

The letter stated that signatories supported “the Church’s teachings… on the meaning of human sexuality, the significance of sexual difference and the complementarity of men and women; on openness to life and the gift of motherhood; and on marriage and family founded on the indissoluble commitment of a man and a woman”.

In 2017, Barrett was grilled by Democratic senators during her confirmation hearing to become a United States circuit judge on whether her staunch Catholic beliefs would affect her judgement on issues such as same-sex marriage and abortion.

Senator Dianne Feinstein told Barrett: “The dogma lives loudly within you, and that’s of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for for years in this country.”
    pinknews.co.uk/2020/09/22/amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-equality-lgbt-gay/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm pretty sure the gay marriage ruling back in 2015 isn't going to be reversed.
    Few weeks ago that may have looked like a very safe prediction, but now GOP Christian conservative base will probably try to increase pressure in final days before elecion to get some wins after recent "conservative" SCOTUS picks let down. It's still not a easy shift especially considering recent Trump administration gesture on the eve of Russian vote to define marraige but there is some room for tide turning in favor of conservatives and GOP progressive wing retreating on family value issues.
    Trump also occasionally displays a rebellious streak and may even see some political benefit in rebelling against top donors agenda and shaking "puppet" narratives in parts of media. Wiith his donors money advantage against Biden taking a big hit lately, things look bit shaky. Some of the vocal supporters of Trump seem to be on the edge too after recent dramatic shifts on this issue.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._over_him.html

Trump top donor Sheldon Adelson-Funded Paper Israel Hayom Prints Gay Dad Ad
    Sep 22, 2016
    forward.com/news/israel/3504...with-gay-dads/

Related

Mondoweiss crosses the line, calls MAGA 'Adelson’s perfect little puppet'

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman
    The US embassy in Moscow, Russia has raised a Pride flag in clear defiance of an upcoming vote that will effectively stop same-sex marriage

Trumo top donor Sheldon Adelson: I'm basically a Social Liberal

Kentucky clerk jailed over gay marriage licenses loses re-election bid
    Kim Davis, the county clerk for Rowan County in Kentucky, works with the county election board on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, in Morehead, Ky.John Flavell / AP
    Nov. 7, 2018
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...ection-n933451

A state just needs to enforce one of the state laws/constitutional amendments prohibiting it, if the qweers don't sue then they lose and if they do it goes to SCOTUS where the precedent can be overturned.
    I'm skeptical that even the most conservative state would be willing to weather the $#@!storm that would create. Masses of activists, protests, total condemnation from corporate media, woke capital up and leaving their state. They'd buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm skeptical that even the most conservative state would be willing to weather the $#@!storm that would create. Masses of activists, protests, total condemnation from corporate media, woke capital up and leaving their state. They'd buckle.
    I don't now whether it will happen soon but it could happen and as the cultural backlash grows I am sure it will happen sooner or later.
    Also the left is trying to cancel everyone for everything, eventually people will figure they are doomed to cancellation anyway and start doing things without caring about the left's cancellations.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't now whether it will happen soon but it could happen and as the cultural backlash grows I am sure it will happen sooner or later.
    Also the left is trying to cancel everyone for everything, eventually people will figure they are doomed to cancellation anyway and start doing things without caring about the left's cancellations.
    Not if there aren't parallel institutions for those people to plug into. Most people will just fall in line.

Gays were stupid to demand marriage. It is a problem that smart people became stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I doubt that gay marriage is in trouble. If anything look for erosion of taboos against pedophilia.
    Yep. Pedophilia is now being fast tracked into being accepted.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Amy Barrett would be pretty good, I’m thinking. Of course nobody can know beforehand, but she has to be loads better than DeadHag. Satan hisownself is better. In fact, he’s looking for a job, now that DeadHag has scared him out of hell. Saw him just yesterday in Charleston; he was still shaking with fright that DeadHag would find and drag him back to the pit and sodomize him.

Donald Trump Jr
    ‏ Verified account @DonaldJTrumpJr
    This is a really big deal and with @Richardgrenell at the helm it will get done!!! Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-administration-launches-global-effort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081 … via @nbcnews

New US Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell with husband Matt Lashey and Don Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Marriage MAGA 2020
    Granted Trump team has probably done more for LGBTQ rights than all past Presidents combined (only Obama comes close), MAGA slogan was never meant to be used the way it is in last meme.

People define marriage differently which is understandable in a country of people from all over the world. The state's definition doesn't have to be your definition. I think it can vary from person to person or couple to couple without people fighting over it. The state's definition doesn't have to replace your definition or your churches.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    People define marriage differently which is understandable in a country of people from all over the world. The state's definition doesn't have to be your definition. I think it can vary from person to person or couple to couple without people fighting over it. The state's definition doesn't have to replace your definition or your churches.
    SCOTUS Judge's definition carries a lot more weight than regular folks definitions though.

The ‘frontrunner’ to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a staunch Catholic who believes marriage is between a man and a woman

September 22, 2020
    Amy Coney Barrett, Donald Trump’s reported “frontrunner” to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the US Supreme Court, is a devout Roman Catholic who believes that marriage is only between “a man and a woman”.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Why is enhanced deficit promoting gay marriage and jews ?
    enhanced non-MAGA anti-Adelson spam techniques said to make up for deficit of content:

related:

Questionable propaganda techniques like spam bumping and link spam leads MAGA adherents to fear rule of law?

also related, may not be factually incorrect:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6981660
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-25-2020 at 07:48 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.