Thread: Biden Refuses To Release List Of Supreme Court Contenders

Biden Refuses To Release List Of Supreme Court Contenders

It's no secret that Republicans take filling judgeships much more seriously than Democrats. President Trump released his first list of prospective Supreme Court nominees before he was even elected, back in September 2016, and - in what was taken at the time as a grim harbinger of RBG's condition - released his most recent revisions/additions earlier this month, just days before RBG died.
    But in the latest indication of just how low a priority selecting Supreme Court judges has been for Democrats - after all, they're not even in power, right? - Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is reportedly refusing to release a list of potential nominees, should he ever get the opportunity to fill the vacancy left by the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Politico reported last night that Biden is taking a "cautious" approach to filling the position. After making his initial statement on Saturday, the Biden campaign has shut down public activity, while Biden and his team retreat to the basement.
    Meanwhile, the Trump Campaign has been upping the pressure, calling on Biden to release a list of names. Democrats, including President Obama, have demanded that Republicans delay filling the seat until after the election. Mitch McConnell infamously killed the nomination of Obama's nominee, Merrick Garland, by refusing to bring a vote to the floor.
    While Biden himself was silent publicly, his campaign was laying plans to shift the focus of the looming Supreme Court nomination fight toward a referendum on the Affordable Care Act, according to his advisers. The high court is scheduled to hear the fate of Obamacare after the election.
    Against that backdrop Saturday, President Trump’s campaign and even some Democrats demanded that Biden release his own list of potential court nominees — which Biden has steadfastly refused to do. Nor has Biden addressed the mounting pressure in his party to take a position on abolishing the Senate filibuster or packing the U.S. Supreme Court if Senate Republicans confirm Trump’s nominee before Inauguration Day. Biden has opposed ending the filibuster outright and court-packing in the past, though in July he expressed an openness to consider eliminating the filibuster.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...urt-contenders
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's probably Napolitano. Everyone knows he is the elite judge of the deep state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's probably Napolitano. Everyone knows he is the elite judge of the deep state.
    Not radical enough, he's just a blackmail puppet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Biden realizes that once people see who is on his shortlist it'll make people want to vote for him even less.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Biden realizes that once people see who is on his shortlist it'll make people want to vote for him even less.
    His own voters will violently disagree between themselves over anyone he names and independents will run screaming.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment