Thread: BLM wants highways torn down

Thumbs down BLM wants highways torn down

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/researc...-neighborhoods

Protesters take over the elevated Interstate 10 during a march in New Orleans protesting the death of George Floyd, a Black man who was in police custody in Minneapolis. Advocates are intensifying their calls for city and state governments to remove the highways that destroyed Black neighborhoods.

Now, as the nation reckons with other racist aspects of its past — with protests, in several prominent instances, on ’60s-era freeways much like the Claiborne — Shelly and other advocates around the country are intensifying their calls for city and state governments to remove the highways that destroyed Black neighborhoods.

Such teardown projects, once seen as fanciful, have gained momentum as the country’s highway infrastructure ages and early adopters show off their success. Five U.S. cities have either capped freeways or converted them to street-grade boulevards in the past three years, and similar plans are under review in states including Massachusetts, California and Texas.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're just mad because a couple months back BLM protesters were on the highway and two of them got run over. Maybe had they stayed out of the road that wouldn't have happened.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Another part of the "progressive" agenda...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-traffic-worse
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.