Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg Dead at 87

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybone View Post
    Thank you for providing a link instead of merely a pic!

And I find her judicial opinions more agreeable than many:

"Barrett wrote a lengthy dissent in favor of gun-ownership rights for felons. Barrett stated that while the government has a legitimate interest in denying gun possession to felons convicted of violent crimes, there is no evidence that denying guns to non-violent felons promotes this interest, and that denying such rights is a violation of the second amendment."

I would think this should put the adrenal glands of some "leftists" somewhat at ease:

'She also remarked that it was "very unlikely" the court will overturn the core aspect of Roe v. Wade: "The fundamental element, that the woman has a right to choose abortion, will probably stand. The controversy right now is about funding. It's a question of whether abortions will be publicly or privately funded."'

Also, as some have stated, as a woman, she would have immunity to the Kavanaugh treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Installed? Not elected?
    like any other cog in a machine...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I shall gloat and trust GOD to give her a true and just reward of her deeds.

guess who is at the gates with Keva waiting for her...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Is anyone else reading between the lines on this? High-level Republicans are admitting they have little chance of maintaining the Presidency and Senate in the upcoming election. If they maintain the Presidency, then Trump simply makes his nomination in the new term. If they maintain the Senate, then the Senate will either confirm Trump's nominee or stomp on Biden's nominee.
    I think it is more complicated than that. With the FBI, CIA, Deep State, BLM, Antifa, and who knows who else factors into it, anything could go. Media bias, election fraud.. How could Joe Biden have been the chosen candidate? There has to be more capable candidates than him. Bird in the hand theory. Might as well try to push the SCOTUS nominee thru while you have a chance. Anything could happen and I don't think that equates to Trump or Republicans thinking they wont keep control.

Days before her death, Justice Ginsburg told her granddaughter, “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed.”
    Who the hell talks like that on their deathbed?

The last words my granny said to me was that she loved me and would miss me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Britt Grant another choice and only 42

Check this out

Trump on Twitter
    "@GOP We were put in this position of power and importance to make decisions for the people who so proudly elected us, the most important of which has long been considered to be the selection of United States Supreme Court Justices. We have this obligation, without delay!"
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 09-19-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-01-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    RIP. Gloating over a death (especially since she's a fairly prosaic liberal) is ghoulish and soul-rotting.

Sad to see so many people praising RBG.

You know who else was brilliant?

Lenin. Marx. Goebbels. Mao. Himmler. Trotsky. But yet none of them deserve any praise.

This woman was an enemy of the Constitution, hated individual rights, and despised property rights.

She should be condemned, not celebrated.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said unequivocally Friday night that President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee to fill the vacancy of late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg “will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”
    Which means absolutely nothing. Mitch said something without saying anything about people keep repeating it as if it means something. It doesn't.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Sad to see so many people praising RBG.

You know who else was brilliant?

Lenin. Marx. Goebbels. Mao. Himmler. Trotsky. But yet none of them deserve any praise.

This woman was an enemy of the Constitution, hated individual rights, and despised property rights.

She should be condemned, not celebrated.
    I agree.

I'm not going to "dance on her grave" but I'm not going to heap praise on her either.

She was an "identity" politician disguised as a judge, who routinely ruled against the constitution and restrictions on government.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is anyone else reading between the lines on this? High-level Republicans are admitting they have little chance of maintaining the Presidency and Senate in the upcoming election. If they maintain the Presidency, then Trump simply makes his nomination in the new term. If they maintain the Senate, then the Senate will either confirm Trump's nominee or stomp on Biden's nominee.
    Which is why this should be wrapped up ASAP. Start the hearings tomorrow.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

If donations are any indication of enthusiasm, then democratic enthusiasm is rising. Everyone's probably already seen this (it was posted on Drudge)
    Democratic donations skyrocket after death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    This could backfire tremendously if Republicans got a judge pick it would take the wind out of their sail. Plus if they did get a judge through it would increase Republican enthusiasm. If they tried to repeat the show of the last pick it would backfire. I like that lady they criticized for being religious. This would fire up a lot of Republicans to go vote. Democrats wouldn't be magnanimous if they were in the Whitehouse and Republicans have an open shot for a hail mary that won't be open again in many Republicans lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This could backfire tremendously if Republicans got a judge pick it would take the wind out of their sail. Plus if they did get a judge through it would increase Republican enthusiasm. If they tried to repeat the show of the last pick it would backfire. I like that lady they criticized for being religious. This would fire up a lot of Republicans to go vote. Democrats wouldn't be magnanimous if they were in the Whitehouse and Republicans have an open shot for a hail mary that won't be open again in many Republicans lifetimes.
    How demoralizing would it be for the far-left to see the Democrat Party fail to stop 3 Trump Supreme Court appointments? Why wouldn't they just stay home?

Regardless, if Republicans wish to survive as a party, they must get someone there before the election. Now is not the time to play fair or be magnanimous. Now is the time to hold your boot on their neck. Hell, go for the jugular if you have to. The left has shown they will do anything for power and no one will stand in their way.

NO MERCY

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Coffee chuckles; (1st 2 min.)

Actually, a good point was made from one of the leftist tweets the video presented.

F You RBG!

Why didn't you retired under Obama!
    You could've retired under Obama!

F You Ruth!

F You Ruth!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Funny how I see people saying she was so family oriented. If that was the case she would have retired under Obama and spend the last few years she had left with them. I doubt her wanting to be replaced until theres a new president is actually what she told her granddaughter while on her deathbed. Most people in that situation usually tell their loved ones that they love them.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-19-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Funny how I see people saying she was so family oriented. If that was the case she would have retired under Obama. I doubt her wanting to be replaced until theres a new president is actually what she told her granddaughter while on her deathbed. Most people in that situation usually tell their loved ones that they love them.
    Some people say she was a racist and didn't want a black person picking her replacement.

Some people say she was a racist and didn't want a black person picking her replacement.
    Wouldn't surprise me if she was secretly racist. Tons of black babies get aborted everyday and Ginsburgs says nothing of it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-01-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

But, if what you say is true, then I guess the obvious follow-on question is, "When is the time to play fair and/or be magnanimous?" ... we are Americans after all; and back in the 1950's when I was growing up, that's one of the things we prided ourselves on. Pragmatically, of course, we never were magnanimous nor fair - but we at least pretended to be.
    Perhaps never again. The left has won academia, Hollywood, Wall Street, pop-culture, and the mainstream media. They've also made major inroads with the court system. They have become so emboldened that they want non-leftists vanquished.

The only way forward is for a right wing/libertarian alliance that will completely eviscerate the left. NOW is the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    God did this.
    I bet the Russians did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Funny. Obama is now saying that Ginsburgs seat needs to be vacant until the election is over, even though he was singing a completely different tune back when Scalia died.

Calvin Coolidge

Thanks for that. It's spot on. This isn't about being principled, or even consistent. It's about the exercise of political power. Political power is easier to identify when the other side is not being principled or consistent - such as when the Democrats passed the Affordable Care Act by a simple majority rather than constraining themselves to the cloture rules necessary to pass the Senate.

But, if what you say is true, then I guess the obvious follow-on question is, "When is the time to play fair and/or be magnanimous?" ... we are Americans after all; and back in the 1950's when I was growing up, that's one of the things we prided ourselves on. Pragmatically, of course, we never were magnanimous nor fair - but we at least pretended to be.
    I think the time for that ended when they started commiting acts of war against the country with impunity.

Carter, a Southern Democrat appointed her.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/j...f-1970-1070336

Readers should refer to Stephen Hayward's The Real Jimmy Carter if they want a taste of the out-and-out racism that Carter employed in order to defeat moderate former Gov. Carl Sanders for the Democratic nomination that year. As Hayward's book points out:

Carter's top campaign staffers were spotted distributing grainy photographs of Sanders arm-in-arm celebrating with two black men. Sanders was a part-owner of the Atlanta Hawks, and in the photograph he was celebrating a victory with two players who were pouring champagne over his head. Carter's leaflet was intended to depress Sanders's white vote.
    "The Carter campaign also produced a leaflet noting that Sanders had paid tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr."
    Carter criticized Sanders, a former governor, for preventing Alabama Gov. and notorious segregationist George Wallace from speaking on Georgia state property. "I don't think it was right for Governor Sanders to try to please a group of ultra-liberals, particularly those in Washington, when it means stifling communication with another state," said Carter.
    "'I have no trouble pitching for Wallace votes and black votes at the same time,' Carter told a reporter. Carter also said to another reporter, 'I can win this election without a single black vote.'"
    Upon receiving the endorsement of former Democratic Gov. Lester Maddox, Carter responded by praising the life-long segregationist: "He has brought a standard of forthright expression and personal honesty to the governor's office, and I hope to live up to his standard." Maddox had not only refused to serve blacks in the restaurant he once owned, but he had also greeted civil rights protestors with a gun, and made sticks available to his white customers with which to intimidate them.
    "The campaign paid for radio ads for a fringe black candidate, C.B. King, in an effort to siphon black votes away from Sanders."
    "Then there was the radio commercial in which Carter said he would never be the tool of any 'block' vote, slurring over the word 'block' so that it could be mistaken for 'black.'
    Carter won the Democratic nomination and the governorship -- unsurprisingly, with almost no black support. He famously did not carry the racism of his 1970 campaign into his governorship. That is laudable, but his campaign was not. Nor is it laudable for him today to attribute his own racial cynicism to others who have ample reasons for legitimate political disagreement with this president.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 09-19-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Funny. Obama is now saying that Ginsburgs seat needs to be vacant until the election is over, even though he was singing a completely different tune back when Scalia died.
    I've heard BO and AOC saying that RBG's dying wish should be respected and that's why the seat needs to stay vacant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Who the hell talks like that on their deathbed?

The last words my granny said to me was that she loved me and would miss me.
    Nobody does.

It's leftist propaganda that we're suppose to abide by a dying person's wish as opposed to a constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I've heard BO and AOC saying that RBG's dying wish should be respected and that's why the seat needs to stay vacant.
    I heard "sources say" her dying wish was to be replaced before the election. LOL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast