Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg Dead at 87

Ruth Bader Ginsberg Dead at 87

Great news! The hag is gone.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of us who were saying she was already dead were saying that they were going to drop this right before the election.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    All of us who were saying she was already dead were saying that they were going to drop this right before the election.
    I am watching Fox news and they cut away from Trump Rally for this news. They have obviously prerecorded this segment. They have all this praise ready for the occasion.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I had a feeling that she had already been dead the past couple years.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The fact that Trump might replace 3 Supreme Court judges within a span of 4 years is unprecedented. Not sure if theres ever been another time where this happened.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In all seriousness though, this is bad news for Trump.

Democrats who were not motivated for Biden are now going to be seriously motivated to get out and vote against Trump.

Trump could announce his nominee ASAP and then demand Biden announce his nominee putting Biden in the hot seat.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Now, were some of us just questioning whether the recent charges against Judge Napolitano had anything to do with the expiration date on RBG?

I think we were!

Now, if not Napolitano (still my first choice, pending investigation of dubious charges), then who?

I nominate Trump appointee U.S. District Judge William S. Stickman IV, who recently struck down Pennsylvania's COVID-1984 dictates as unConstitutional, in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    In all seriousness though, this is bad news for Trump.

Democrats who were not motivated for Biden are now going to be seriously motivated to get out and vote against Trump.

Trump could announce his nominee ASAP and then demand Biden announce his nominee putting Biden in the hot seat.
    It's good news, this will get out R votes for POTUS and Senate far more than D votes and if McConnell keeps his promise and confirms a replacement before the election it will seriously demoralize the Demoncrats.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    Now, were some of us just questioning whether the recent charges against Judge Napolitano had anything to do with the expiration date on RBG?

I think we were!

Now, if not Napolitano (still my first choice, pending investigation of dubious charges), then who?

I nominate Trump appointee U.S. District Judge William S. Stickman IV, who recently struck down Pennsylvania's COVID-1984 dictates as unConstitutional, in that case.
    That is correct.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Fill that Seat.
    That will be the raging debate. McConnell somewhat painted himself into a corner with the delay in Senate after Scalia died and Obama nominated Garland.

It is as certain as the sun rising tomorrow that Schumer (if he had a majority) and a Democrat President would push through a nomination and vote within a month.

As a gross generalization, a group who tends towards logic, justice and consistency is at a disadvantage against a group that is driven by emotion, tribe and "by any means necessary".

McConnell has the ring of power. Should he use it? Can he win a vote with the RINOs in Senate like Romney?

Democrats also countered that the U.S. Constitution obliged the president to nominate and obliged the Senate to give its advice and consent in a timely manner. Republicans argued in response that the Senate was fulfilling its obligation of advice and consent by saying that the next president should make the appointment. There were, however, 11 months left to President Obama's term at the time of Scalia's death, and the Democrats argued that no precedent existed for such a lengthy delay and that previous presidents had nominated individuals in election years.[18] Democrats also argued that even if such a precedent existed, President Obama's term had sufficient time remaining that such a precedent would not apply. The precedent, known as the Thurmond rule, dated back to President Lyndon B. Johnson's 1968 nomination of Abe Fortas to become chief justice, but had since been inconsistently applied.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's good news, this will get out R votes for POTUS and Senate far more than D votes and if McConnell keeps his promise and confirms a replacement before the election it will seriously demoralize the Demoncrats.
    I don't see any confirmation before Nov. 3rd. Whoever Trumps nominates will hve some ditz from their past make sexual abuse allegations against them and we will go through the whole Kavanaugh delay.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    IDK. Democrats had zero enthusiasm yesterday. This could ignite a fire that could swing Democrat Trump supporters back to Harris.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ginsburg's death has pretty much raised the stakes of this election. Replacing her is a great opportunity that hopefully doesn't get squandered.

Calvin Coolidge

To maintain delicate diversity balance, it would be best if her replacement is of same gender, religion. This would be the wrong time to shake the applecart.

Today, six of the nine justices are Catholic — if you count Neil Gorsuch, who was raised Catholic and has attended an Episcopal Church. The other three are Jewish
    Jul 7, 2018
    NPR

I just saw the news just this second. Are people seriously suggesting that Trump won't jam someone through? Trump had better nominate someone. I don't care if McConnell hesitated on Garland. Take the gloves and jam someone through.

Emotion...

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/...02831816724481

Good riddance of bad rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I just saw the news just this second. Are people seriously suggesting that Trump won't jam someone through? Trump had better nominate someone. I don't care if McConnell hesitated on Garland. Take the gloves and jam someone through.
    Trump can and will nominate someone.

Unfortunately, McConnell won't be able to push them through. Murkowski, Collins and Graham have already said that they won't vote to confirm anyone. Romney will be with them. RINOs strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Never say never with Trump but it probably is not going to be quick appointment. Currently alienated GOP conservative/evangelical base would want someone clearly pro-life, pro-DOMA/anti gay marriage and Trump leaning liberal progressive wing of GOP in power these days likely won't accept anyone who is not pro LGBTQ rights, pro DACA or anyone too opposed to gun controls. While Dems are pretty united on liberal progressive values, GOP is divided currently on what are "Republican values".. sort of going through rebrithing pains lately.
    Considering what happened with his last CFR/other picks, getting a CINO (conservative in name only)/RINO to slip through few weeks before elections won't be easy.

"Conservative" SCOTUS Rules LBGT protected by law, but punts gun rights cases

Trump SCOTUS pick delivers historic LGBTQ Civil Rights win

ETA:
    Also, latest reporting suggests that if Prez Trump altered gender diversity and did not pick a woman, alternate would most likely boost ethnic diversity along the lines of Biden's "First South Asian VP pick in history, Kamala Harris' diversity play.

Trump's shortlist down to 4 Supreme Court nominees, sources tell ABC News

Saturday, September 19

From left to right: Amul Thapar, Amy Coney Barrett and Barbara Lagoa.

Drudge top headline today is "Court Pick in Days"... who knows if just pre-election season politics or real news.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can he win a vote with the RINOs in Senate like Romney?
    No, he can not.

Mittens, The Murk, Loafers Lindsey and Collins will all vote no.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    IDK. Democrats had zero enthusiasm yesterday. This could ignite a fire that could swing Democrat Trump supporters back to Harris.
    Count on it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

The replacement, Trump has been saving this one up.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, he can not.

Collins is up for election this year and she's polling below 50%. Refusing to vote on Trump's pick could possibly cause her to lose her seat.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Collins is up for election this year and she's polling below 50%. Refusing to vote on Trump's pick could possibly cause her to lose her seat.
    Shes trailing by ten percent. This wont help or hurt her if I had to guess . She cant be counted on to do what is best for America. Thats what maine has given us . Time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, he can not.

Maybe. It would seem voting on this in the lame duck session after the election would take a lot of heat off of this vote. What would Murkowski's excuse be. Trump should probably nominate someone pro-choice as a compromise to Murkowski to get her vote.

I bet the Injun put a curse on her.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast