Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsberg Dead at 87

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I had a feeling that she had already been dead the past couple years.
    At least a few days ago.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

The replacement, Trump has been saving this one up.
    Yeah, I'd hit that?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Days before her death, Justice Ginsburg told her granddaughter, “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed.”
    Installed? Not elected?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Installed? Not elected?
    "New president". So if Trump wins, she wants to wait 4 years to be replaced. Sorry, her wishes other than for her estate, family or funeral no longer matter.

Now she could have retired when Obama was President, but she didn't. So just to throw out a wild hypothesis, perhaps she was Roberts "handler", so she couldn't retire...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I don't see any confirmation before Nov. 3rd. Whoever Trumps nominates will hve some ditz from their past make sexual abuse allegations against them and we will go through the whole Kavanaugh delay.
    Yep, and any nominee will be "To radical" for the courts. Yet an RBG was not.

Breaking news: Newly nominated Supreme Court Justice has a history of sexually harassing women dating all the way back to the 1980s.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Collins is up for election this year and she's polling below 50%. Refusing to vote on Trump's pick could possibly cause her to lose her seat.
    I live here. We hear that every time. Collins will be senator until she decides not to be.

I think this probably helps Trump more. I doubt he gets a nominee in before November. The crazy religious right is more likely to turn out if Trump announces a nominee they like.

But who cares, it will just be another excuse to loot and burn.

This puts abortion front and center of the election.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This puts abortion front and center of the election.
    BLM must be pissed.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, he can not.

Mittens, The Murk, Loafers Lindsey and Collins will all vote no.
    Alaska Senator Murkowski said Friday she would not vote for a justice ahead of election

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/09...d-of-election/

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    BLM must be pissed.
    It's not like BLM even cares about black babies being aborted anyway.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's good news, this will get out R votes for POTUS and Senate far more than D votes and if McConnell keeps his promise and confirms a replacement before the election it will seriously demoralize the Demoncrats.
    That was my first thought as well. The key will be getting the "moderate" (read statist) republicans to actually vote for the nominee before the election... mainly Collins and Murkowski.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It's not like BLM even cares about black babies being aborted anyway.
    Wait, I heard that "Black lives Matte..." oh never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Installed? Not elected?
    Yeah, you know, like any car part or toilet seat.

RIP. Gloating over a death (especially since she's a fairly prosaic liberal) is ghoulish and soul-rotting.

The GOP will cave, in all likelihood. They have no ability to wield power. They keep waiting for the Dems to repay all these favors. They'll probably be guilted into waiting until after the Democrats steal the election.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

https://twitter.com/ReedReports/stat...30307318091778
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    RIP. Gloating over a death (especially since she's a fairly prosaic liberal) is ghoulish and soul-rotting.

The GOP will cave, in all likelihood. They have no ability to wield power. They keep waiting for the Dems to repay all these favors. They'll probably be guilted into waiting until after the Democrats steal the election.
    I shall gloat and trust GOD to give her a true and just reward of her deeds.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Trump should probably nominate someone pro-choice as a compromise to Murkowski to get her vote.
    Bite your tongue and wash your mouth out with soap.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

lmaoooo

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said unequivocally Friday night that President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee to fill the vacancy of late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg “will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

“In the last midterm election before Justice Scalia’s death in 2016, Americans elected a Republican Senate majority because we pledged to check and balance the last days of a lame-duck president’s second term. We kept our promise,” McConnell continued. “Since the 1880s, no Senate has confirmed an opposite-party president’s Supreme Court nominee in a presidential election year.”

McConnell added that “by contrast, Americans reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary.”

“Once again, we will keep our promise,” he said. “President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”

In May 2019, McConnell, R-Ky., made clear that should a vacancy materialize in the midst of the 2020 election cycle, the GOP-majority Senate would likely “fill it.”

McConnell’s comments last year were met with criticism from Democrats who accused him of hypocrisy, based on the treatment of former President Barack Obamas Supreme Court nominee and D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals chief Judge Merrick Garland.

Obama nominated Garland to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia, who passed away in 2016, but McConnell and Senate Republicans refused to hold a hearing or vote on his nomination, citing the imminent 2016 presidential election.

Speaking to Fox News last year, McConnell suggested his stance was not hypocritical -- because in 2020, Republicans would control both the White House and the Senate, unlike Democrats in 2016, who controlled only the White House.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...nee-vote-floor

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nothing to see here, just a CNN-affiliated Muslim cannibal planning open violent sedition on social media.

Coffee chuckles; (1st 2 min.)

The corpse must've been starting to smell.

RIH, RGB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Rest in Hell Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
    Sean Hannity the shill praised her.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I turned on the local news here in NY and it was 7 minutes of RGB worship, followed by public school and teacher worship called "The State of Our Schools" (despite where I live we have the highest paid teachers and school property taxes in the nation). I was saying how much I hate NY after this but I suspect everyone else is being subjected this kind of RGB deity coverage?

They are showing these vigils as if she is going to rise from the dead in three days. I have had enough, TV will be off for a week.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-01-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast