Thread: Donald Trump could end these State governor restrictions with a stroke of a pen

Donald Trump could end these State governor restrictions with a stroke of a pen

He could issue an executive order stating “The covid restrictions such as all lockdowns, face masks, etc in all State and local jurisdictions are hereby rescinded on the grounds of the first and fourteenth amendments.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or he could retract his declaration of a national emergency which will take away the emergency powers of every governor.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Or he could retract his declaration of a national emergency which will take away the emergency powers of every governor.
    The question is why won’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    The question is why won’t he?
    Who knows. He's either complicit in everything thats been going on the past 6 months or he's being blackmailed and threatened.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Who knows. He's either complicit in everything thats been going on the past 6 months or he's being blackmailed and threatened.
    Maybe he thinks it is not a good political strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    He could issue an executive order stating “The covid restrictions such as all lockdowns, face masks, etc in all State and local jurisdictions are hereby rescinded on the grounds of the first and fourteenth amendments.”
    He could but that would mean he loses the power to 'knee-cap' state leaders.

Trump just knee-capped Governor Kemp
    Niles Edward Francis
    @NilesGApol
    · 3h
    Police cars revolving light
    #BREAKING: President Trump says that he told Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp that he disagrees "strongly" with his decision to open up certain businesses at the end of this week. #gapol #Coronavirus

I think will make all other rep governors think long and hard about opening up

In his defense, he's a big-gunmmit guy.