Thread: Mayor of Nashville TN caught deliberately withholding low C-19 infection rates

Exclamation Mayor of Nashville TN caught deliberately withholding low C-19 infection rates

COVID-19 emails from Nashville mayor's office show disturbing revelation

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-1...ing-revelation

by Dennis Ferrier Wednesday, September 16th 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public.

On June 30th, contact tracing was given a small view of coronavirus clusters. Construction and nursing homes were found to be causing problems with more than a thousand cases traced to each category, but bars and restaurants reported just 22 cases.

Leslie Waller from the health department asks, “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?"

“Correct, not for public consumption,” writes senior advisor Benjamin Eagles.

A month later, the health department was asked point blank about the rumor there are only 80 cases traced to bars and restaurants.

Tennessee Lookout reporter Nate Rau asks, “The figure you gave of 'more than 80' does lead to a natural question: If there have been over 20,000 positive cases of COVID-19 in Davidson and only 80 or so are traced to restaurants and bars, doesn’t that mean restaurants and bars aren’t a very big problem?"

Health department official Brian Todd asked five health department officials, "Please advise how you recommend I respond. "

The name at the top of the response is clipped off but you may find the answer unacceptable.

“My two cents. We have certainly refused to give counts per bar because those numbers are low per site.

We could still release the total though, and then a response to the over 80 could be because that number is increasing all the time and we don’t want to say a specific number."

Neither the health department nor the mayor’s office would confirm the authenticity of the emails but council member Steve Glover had a Metro staff attorney inquire. Here’s the official answer:

“I was able to get verification from the Mayor’s Office and the Department of Health that these emails are real,” the staff attorney answered.

Glover says this is Metro Nashville orchestrating a cover up.

"They are fabricating information," Glover said. "They’ve blown their entire credibility Dennis. Its gone, I don’t trust a thing they say going forward ...nothing."

Glover says he has been contacted by an endless stream of downtown bartenders, waitresses and restaurant owners asking why would officials not release these numbers?

"We raised taxes 34 percent and put hundreds literally thousands of people out of work that are now worried about losing their homes, their apartments...and we did it on bogus data. That should be illegal," Glover said.

Again, FOX 17 News wasn't told by the mayor’s office this wasn’t true. We were told to file a freedom of information act request.

Which allows us now to ask the question, why are you keeping this from us? Why would you even want to? Its just the real numbers and what could possibly be an honorable motive?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    POS Mayor. Needs to be removed & all involved with fraud on public prosecuted

I wouldn't be surpised if this is happening in Canada and elsewhere being used as a potical poly.

Time to be in open rebellion. Take off the $#@!ing masks, quit blocking off tables, put condiments on the tables, and when people come in and ask if they can all sit together, tell them you're not their mother - if they're good with it, you are. What are they going to do in light of these e-mails? Shut down all the bars?

If I were in Nashville, I'd print those e-mails and hang them up all over the place so customers could see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Time to be in open rebellion. Take off the $#@!ing masks, quit blocking off tables, put condiments on the tables, and when people come in and ask if they can all sit together, tell them you're not their mother - if they're good with it, you are. What are they going to do in light of these e-mails? Shut down all the bars?

If I were in Nashville, I'd print those e-mails and hang them up all over the place so customers could see them.

I and many others are constantly looking to go to businesses that do exactly what you describe. There’s a few. Not enough to turn the tide yet, but I expect more resistance as people continue to realize that they are losing everything. This is life and death for small businesses. They better start acting accordingly! Glad to see you being a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Exactly. This infectious tyranny needs a lot of sunshine. Civil disobedience needs to be exercise far and wide!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Cooper was confronted over the emails during a Sept. 17 virtual press conference.

Asked whether there was a deliberate attempt to withhold information about case numbers, Cooper said: “It’s no effort to withhold information; we’ll do all we can to open up all information.”

“I think the question comes with a concern that back when we were modifying phase two, that the bar case count was not at that time super high. And I think what you’re hearing is that kind of story out in the community, that the bar case count was not super high,” he said, adding later: “The fact that back in early July, you didn’t have a super high case count at that moment doesn’t mean that it was not a national health priority. And then let’s look at what happened, from Los Angeles to Miami: Everybody adopted the same protocol.”

Cooper then attacked a WZTV reporter after disclosing he’d asked the station to submit a public records request regarding the veracity of the emails, accusing the reporter of having “a lapse in journalistic judgment and due diligence.”

The reporter fired back: “When you call after the newscast and say, gee, we wish you would have asked again, I mean, this isn’t high school. You’re not asking a girl out on a date again who said no. If you don’t have a comment up front, we don’t have to come and ask you again an hour later. We have deadlines that I’m asking you now. So here’s a chance to answer.”

The back-and-forth continued with the reporter saying a city attorney verified the emails in one hour and the mayor saying the reporter should have followed up with his office.

“Come see me. We’ll get to the bottom of this,” Cooper said.

He also said he was grateful “to all the bars and restaurants have stepped up their efforts to protect the health and safety of their patrons” as he allows the establishments to fill with 50 percent capacity or 50 people per floor and 50 people outside starting Friday.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_ap...s_3504423.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Give me liberty or give me Covid!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he allows
    By your leave mi'lord...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Every mayor in every major city is probably doing the exact same thing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge