Thread: Anti-mask protesters fined after marching through Florida Target

Anti-mask protesters fined after marching through Florida Target

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/an...florida-target

'FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Protesters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, gathered at a Target on September 15 to demonstrate against the mandatory use of face masks against the spread of COVID-19.

In a video that surfaced on Twitter on Tuesday, a group of protesters, including some younger people, can be seen walking through store aisles, blasting music -- specifically Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" -- and urging shoppers to disregard health recommendations that were implemented to help prevent the spread of the virus.
    The group chanted "take off your mask," "we're not gonna take it anymore" as well as "yeah, we got one" as they headed down the store aisle.

Dee Snider, the band’s frontman, took to Twitter as video of the stunt emerged, saying they did not have permission "or blessing to use my song for their moronic cause.”
    "We’re aware of the group of guests who came into the store last night and we asked them to leave after they removed their masks and became disruptive and rude to other shoppers," a Target spokesperson told FOX Business.

In addition, the stunt drew quick action from Broward County officials. Target was fined for not enforcing the county's mask law and citations were mailed to the protesters, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reported.
    Three people were identified on video as well and the county mailed them $100 citations for failing to wear facial coverings in public spaces to help curb the spread of COVID-19, Broward County spokeswoman Margaret Stapleton told the newspaper.

The Florida Department of Health says there are over 671,000 positive COVID-19 cases in the state and nearly 13,000 people have died from the virus.'

Dance though a store in good spirits and a message of freedom, and you're damn sure to receive your fine!
    But, were there any fines for these people:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...source=twitter

Just wondering...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am certain that a good portion of the residents would cheer if the people protesting the mask mandates were rounded up, caged, and shot. To keep the “good” people safe of course. It’s coming to that. We have 99% compliance with this farce around here. Outside, in their cars, by themselves. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I am certain that a good portion of the residents would cheer if the people protesting the mask mandates were rounded up, caged, and shot. To keep the “good” people safe of course. It’s coming to that. We have 99% compliance with this farce around here. Outside, in their cars, by themselves. Not looking good.
    There's maybe 30-40% compliance here, largely women and the very old.

I personally don't know anybody who wears one........Ever.

The closest Wal-Mart has lost lots of business even though they've set up 40 dedicated pick-up spaces.

The mom-n-pop grocery stores have a xerox copy 'suggesting' the use of a mask if you feel vulnerable, they've increased sales many fold..

I wonder if the Target store had a policy requiring customers to wear masks. If so, these yahoos could have been arrested for trespassing, and I can't imagine that any libertarian in good standing would object.

Even if the store didn't have such a policy, why should a group of protesters have the right to disrupt a private business?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    You're in Florida, then? That's horrible.

Here in the Phoenix area, there appears to be 96-98% compliance, with even some people walking around the park in the open sunshine wearing their beloved face diapers. But I'll tell you this: if the cities and county would drop the mandates, I think maybe 10% would wear these things. Most people, when asked as individuals, think the whole business is a load of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The closest Wal-Mart has lost lots of business even though they've set up 40 dedicated pick-up spaces.

The mom-n-pop grocery stores have a xerox copy 'suggesting' the use of a mask if you feel vulnerable, they've increased sales many fold..
    Exactly as it should be. Even if I can get by with saying "medical exemption," I'm much more likely to support the businesses that don't even bring it up.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Meanwhile there are no consequences for Antifa/BLM protesters and looters.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Meanwhile there are no consequences for Antifa/BLM protesters and looters.
    Well, exactly. I was unable to find evidence of any consequences for the example I gave above, and they threatened to "shut the store down" if Target "called the cops" anymore.

And yes, while I wouldn't attempt the approach of this "anti-mask" group, it does seem a little hypocritical to fine them for their light-spirited civil disobedience while the much more grim and menacing BLM crowd receives nary a wrist-slap.

To me, it's evidence that BLM serves the Powers-That-Be in some way, though I could be mistaken.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I wonder if the Target store had a policy requiring customers to wear masks. If so, these yahoos could have been arrested for trespassing, and I can't imagine that any libertarian in good standing would object.

Even if the store didn't have such a policy, why should a group of protesters have the right to disrupt a private business?
    this is the only mandate that matters. However Im afraid that most companies are instituting mandated measures more out of coercion than actual desire. At least in most places. I never saw anyone care in April and May until the governors started sending out their assassin teams to check on businesses.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    There's maybe 30-40% compliance here, largely women and the very old.

I personally don't know anybody who wears one........Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    You're in Florida, then? That's horrible.

Here in the Phoenix area, there appears to be 96-98% compliance, with even some people walking around the park in the open sunshine wearing their beloved face diapers. But I'll tell you this: if the cities and county would drop the mandates, I think maybe 10% would wear these things. Most people, when asked as individuals, think the whole business is a load of BS.

I'm in TN. Compliance started off in the 25-30%, but a lot around town have worn down and just do it. There are still many areas where you can't find someone wearing a mask out where I live just outside of town. Stay out of the cities.

They are keeping the mask hype up through the summer so they can ramp everything back up hard this fall/winter. I will not comply. I have not had one touch my face. Someone is going to have to buck up and put one on this ole boy. I promise you that!

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post

If I were Target, I would be a lot more concerned about the stores that were emptied of merchandise than a harmless stunt.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Easy to get the fine dismissed. Just say you have a medical condition and choose not to disclose what it is.

I'm not going to pay any fine for not wearing a mask, and everybody else should do the same.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm not going to pay any fine for not wearing a mask, and everybody else should do the same.
    Did you see that thread where the demented lady paid her property taxes $0.06 short and almost lost her house. The bill went to over $300. Don't pay your fine and you won't be able to vote? or register your car? or who knows?

Maybe Mike Bloomberg will raise money to pay the fines.

I was just admonished by some security guard at a local supermarket for not wearing a mask. I was already nearly checked out, so I just smiled and nodded. The checker noted that she hadn't noticed my face was undiapered.

I'm considering that next time I'll just pretend that I don't understand and speak German at them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.