Thread: Random COVID-19 Tests To Be Conducted Door To Door In Minnesota

Random COVID-19 Tests To Be Conducted Door To Door In Minnesota

Random COVID-19 Tests To Be Conducted Door To Door In Minnesota
    Jeanne Ryan
    Published: September 16, 2020

Starting this week and going until the end of the month, if your address is randomly selected you can expect a visit from a team of local or state health workers that will be in a specially marked car. The Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response, or CASPER teams, will arrive in a car marked "COVID-19 Survey Team." They will be wearing masks, vests with name tags, and you will not be contacted in advance that they will be coming.

Dr. Ruth Lynfield, Minnesota Department of Health state epidemiologist, said in a statement dated Tuesday, Sept. 15 and reported by Duluth News Tribune "Through the CASPER survey, we hope to better understand how COVID-19 is spreading in Minnesota and how it is affecting people. With a new virus, we have to learn as we go and adapt our response based on new data. Information we gather in this survey will allow us to refine our recommendations to best meet the needs of our Minnesota communities in the prevention of COVID-19.”

The team members are hoping to ask you a few questions, take a nasal swab, prick your finger for blood and at some point let you know the results if you currently have or ever have had COVID-19. The survey is voluntary and you can participate in all of it or some of it. They hope to be able to test an average of seven households picked at random in 137 cities totaling about 1,200 households.

In a statement from the Minnesota Department of Health Dr. Lynfield reported by The Duluth News Tribune " We encourage people to participate in the survey if their household is selected. Along with being able to receive free, in-home testing for current and past COVID-19 infection, this is a unique opportunity for people to help us learn more about the impacts of COVID-19 and aid in our efforts to fight this pandemic."

A few months ago I had some symptoms of what I believed was bronchitis and was having trouble breathing with a chronic cough. I did an e-visit with a Dr. and was encouraged to go get a COVID-19 test done which I did, and the results were negative. It was found that I did indeed have bronchitis and was put on an antibiotic. It was honestly a very nerve racking few days waiting for my results and given the fact that I had been going into work, even though I was social distancing and wearing a mask and washing my hands I was nervous for my co-workers. I personally know of many people who do not have insurance and are healthy so they have not felt the need to get tested, but are worried if they do get sick because of the fact they are uninsured.

I do understand the need to test, but I am wondering how the average person would react to strangers coming to their door wanting to conduct these tests. Will they willingly let them come in their house and do these fairly invasive tests? I guess only time will tell if this will be successful, but personally I feel like people right now now more than ever are more Leary of strangers then ever before.

Original Source:
    https://mix108.com/random-covid-19-t...-in-minnesota/

- ML

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The survey is voluntary and you can participate in all of it or some of it.
    No thanks.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For now...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Hopefully Danke will be able to completely avoid this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Hopefully Danke will be able to completely avoid this.
    I already got mine.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I have an orphus they can shove that Q-tip in.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    I have an orphus they can shove that Q-tip in.
    lol

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Can I interest anyone in a high quality driveway gate and fencing package?

From a business standpoint, I wish they'd announce that stuff in my state.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Can I interest anyone in a high quality driveway gate and fencing package?

From a business standpoint, I wish they'd announce that stuff in my state.
    Is that the line of work you are in?

Serious question: what sort of remote opening driveway gate would work in my area, which is subject to snowfalls up to three feet at a time?

Does anybody make some sort of "self clearing" model?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Is that the line of work you are in?
    Something like that. It's more of a niche hobby that pays than a line of work since there's not a lot of demand (or budgets) for drive gates.

Serious question: what sort of remote opening driveway gate would work in my area, which is subject to snowfalls up to three feet at a time?

Does anybody make some sort of "self clearing" model?
    There are expensive options for openers that help an opener operate more reliably in very cold climates (battery warmers, opener warmers) but no, there's nothing that will literally power a gate to clear feet of snow away from the gate. In a really cold climate, a direct 120v/240v powered slide gate is probably the best gate option. Ice is the arch enemy of driveway gates and openers.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-01-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Interesting....

MDH: Armed residents confront COVID-19 testing team in Minnesota neighborhood

KSTP
    Updated: September 18, 2020 01:55 PM
    Created: September 18, 2020 01:00 PM
    A COVID-19 testing team was confronted by armed individuals this week in a Minnesota community, according to the Minnesota Department of Health.

Although the exact location was not disclosed, a department spokesperson said MDH teams have been in different neighborhoods throughout the state since September 14, conducting the CASPER survey.
    https://kstp.com/news/mdh-armed-resi...-2020/5867003/
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    Soon it will be you can test now or test later, like phone updates.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.