Thread: Scientific American Which Endorses Biden, Denounces Trump, Bows to China

Scientific American Which Endorses Biden, Denounces Trump, Bows to China

Can someone send this to Tucker or Laura? Thanks.

https://steemit.com/scientific/@munk...hinese-funding

Scientific American Which Endorses Biden, Denounces Trump, Bows to China

The magazine Scientific American has made its first ever endorsement in a presidential contest, saying the endorsement is about "science" and "life and death."

The owner of Scientific American, publisher Springer Nature, has met with serious controversy over pro-China editorial policies. This month, a Springer Nature journal, Eye and Vision, rejected an article by a Taiwan doctor for refusing to add the word "China" after "Taiwan" in her paper.

Radio Free Asia reports:

"Top academic publisher Springer Nature has once more sparked concerns over its censorship of topics regarded as politically sensitive by Beijing. A Taiwanese doctor, Wu Jo-hsuan, recently reported via Facebook that she had been asked by the editorial team at Eye and Vision, a medical journal published by the group, to add the word "China" after "Taiwan" in her paper, or have her article rejected for publication."

Springer Nature is the world's largest academic publisher, publishing more than 3,000 journals including Nature and Scientific American. It is a privately held company with revenues of $1.72 billion in 2019.

Eye and Vision is published in "partnership" with China's Wenzhou Medical University, and receives funding from the ruling Chinese Communist Party.

In 2018 book publishers cut ties with Springer Nature over its bowing to Chinese government censorship demands in order to gain access to the lucrative Chinese academic market.

In 2017 Inside Higher Ed reported:

The publisher Springer Nature has blocked access to more than 1,000 journal articles in China to comply with government censors, the Financial Times reported. The newspaper found that more than 1,000 articles had removed from the websites of two Springer journals, the Journal of Chinese Political Science and International Politics. All the blocked articles referred to sensitive subjects in China, including “Taiwan,” “Tibet” and the “Cultural Revolution.” Academics criticized the censorship, which follows a similar case in August in which Cambridge University Press blocked access to more than 300 articles in The China Quarterly journal – a decision it reversed after coming under fire from academics who accused the press of privileging the economic benefit of continued access to the Chinese market over protecting academic freedom.

Springer Nature owns 100% of Scientific American.

On COVID-19, Scientific American takes a stance which mimics the current mainstream of media and academic thought, emphasizing continued "social control" and, ultimately, a vaccine.

In its June 2020 issue feature article "How the COVID-19 Pandemic Could End," a Scientific American "science writer" with no advanced degree writes:

"Projections about how COVID-19 will play out are speculative, but the end game will most likely involve a mix of everything that checked past pandemics: Continued social-control measures to buy time, new antiviral medications to ease symptoms, and a vaccine."

It should be noted that the writer is incorrect that past pandemics have involved "social-control measures to buy time." In the 1957 H2N2 Asian Flu pandemic, in which roughly the same number of Americans died, per capita, as have died of COVID at this time, the pandemic did not even make the news. Life went on as normal, with the largest social gathering in US history taking place that summer, Woodstock.

The CDC has revised its estimate of the survival rate of COVID from a low of 94% in March to a possible 99.8% overall survival rate. The survival rate for common flu is 99.9%.

More Recommended Reading

Dr. Mercola: Will New COVID Vaccine Make You Transhuman?

US COVID Death Rate Now Higher Than Sweden’s, Country Which Never Locked Down

Studies Support Doctors' Revolt Against Suppression of Hydroxychloroquine in US, Yale Doctor-Professor Says Could Save "75,000 to 100,000 Lives"

The Frightening Dangers Inherent in a Coronavirus Vaccine, by RFK Jr.

New CDC Estimated Survival Rate of COVID is 99.8%, Similar to Flu
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 09-15-2020 at 07:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like anyone cares that they endorsed Biden.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I want to see the study that proves Biden would be a better president than Trump. I also want it peer reviewed. Then I want the research paper that appears three years later that entirely disproves the previous studies but gains no mainstream attention because it doesn't fit modern leftist narrative.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Who here remembers the lead up to the Iraq War (the second one)?

That should inform your view of the current China related rhetoric coming out of Washington.

Tucker? He is openly trying to create a new American nationalism, and he's very obviously exploiting every anti-Chinese tidbit to do that.

Dumb? No. Evil...?

I'd be cautious, unless you want you or your kids to be forced to go over the top and take that machine gun fire for nothing at all.

Mindless jingoism has a history of not ending well (bombed out cities, large graveyards, etc).

Because the WaNeoconPost is renowned as being unbiased.

Scientific American appoints Laura Helmuth Editor-in-Chief

Scientific American today announces Laura Helmuth as its new Editor-in-Chief. Helmuth becomes the ninth Editor-in-Chief in the nearly 175-year history of the magazine. In her role, Helmuth will be responsible for overseeing the flagship magazine, scientificamerican.com and other branded products. She will be based in the New York office with a start date of April 13.

Helmuth is an editor with more than 20 years of experience covering all fields of health, science, technology, and the environment. Prior to joining Scientific American, she was the Science and Health Editor for The Washington Post and has held positions at National Geographic, Slate, Smithsonian, and Science.
    More: https://www.scientificamerican.com/p...itor-in-chief/
    Very interesting that the "175-year history" of the magazine has been re-used in both stories...

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1305854127721910275
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1306101367988125697
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The 2020 election is literally a matter of life and death. We urge you to vote for health, science and Joe Biden for President.
    Even they know Joe Biden and democrats will be pushing harder on the lockdown measures.

Scientific American is owned by Springer Nature, which itself is majority owned by Holtzbrinck Publishing Group of Stuttgart, Germany. Pretty bold move for a German-owned company to endorse an American presidential candidate, but I suppose Germany has historically always had America's best interests at heart.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Who here remembers the lead up to the Iraq War (the second one)?

That should inform your view of the current China related rhetoric coming out of Washington.

Tucker? He is openly trying to create a new American nationalism, and he's very obviously exploiting every anti-Chinese tidbit to do that.

Dumb? No. Evil...?

I'd be cautious, unless you want you or your kids to be forced to go over the top and take that machine gun fire for nothing at all.

Mindless jingoism has a history of not ending well (bombed out cities, large graveyards, etc).
    There will be no war, China will collapse instead.
    But a shooting war would be preferable to accepting conquest by infiltration and Chinese communism.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    He is openly trying to create a new American nationalism...
    My God, the horrors! That Americans might take pride in this country once again. Might recognize the good instead of constantly finding fault and elevating faults to the level of hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My God, the horrors! That Americans might take pride in this country once again. Might recognize the good instead of constantly finding fault and elevating faults to the level of hatred.
    Or demand that government follow and enact policies that benefit American citizens over foreign nationals and place American interests first.

I may swoon at the thought.

Never forget that Rev 3.0 is an advocate of global monarchism, which means that he is just a different flavor of the "no borders, no walls, no USA at all" crowd.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee