Thread: Trump Declares ‘We’re Not Doing Any More Shutdowns’

Trump Declares ‘We’re Not Doing Any More Shutdowns’

President Donald Trump is adamant that the country does not need another nationwide shut down to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Actually, he claims doing so would so be “unscientific” and would ignore statistics about the virus.

Trump blasted Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden during a press conference on Thursday for insisting that he would follow the advice of medical experts and implement a national shutdown to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

“The approach to the virus is a very unscientific, blanket lockdown by the Democrats,” Trump said as he claimed a nationwide shutdown would take “all of these incredible statistics” and throw “them out the window.”

He continued, “Whether expert or not, we’re not doing any more shutdowns. We did the shutdown, and now we’re doing the opening. And there won’t be any more shutdowns. There could be little sections, a small section where you have a breakout.”

“But we’re not talking about shutdowns like they were talking about depending on experts. We’re not going to be doing that,” he added.

More at: https://ijr.org/trump-declares-were-...ore-shutdowns/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Democratic governors that are abusing their emergency powers will see to it that the lockdowns will continue.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Democratic governors that are abusing their emergency powers will see to it that the lockdowns will continue.
    The lockdowns will continue until morale improves or Joe Biden is elected.

Then why hasn't lifted the national state of emergency, which gives the governors the cover they need for their own declarations? Watch what a politician does, not what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Then why hasn't lifted the national state of emergency, which gives the governors the cover they need for their own declarations? Watch what a politician does, not what he says.
    Remember when he criticized Georgia for opening up to soon? or when he criticized Sweden for not implementing a total lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRocksMyWorld View Post
    The lockdowns will continue until morale improves or Joe Biden is elected.
    It's also possible that the lockdowns could continue under Biden.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ya , no thanks . I personally decline to observe anyones shutdown ever the $#@! again .

They will just unleash more Arsonists.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. Now, I do wish he'd acknowledge that Sweden had the right idea, and also boot Fauci out on his tyrannical little arse.

South Dakota is an example to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Copy that. I really hope Kristi Noem runs for President in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    Copy that. I really hope Kristi Noem runs for President in 2024.
    It is nice when a great elected representative is also good looking!

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Yep. Noem has done a great job with that state.

Calvin Coolidge