Thread: Man Stranded in Lake George Saved by Priests on Floating Tiki Bar

Man Stranded in Lake George Saved by Priests on Floating Tiki Bar

Man Stranded in Lake George Saved by Priests on Floating Tiki Bar

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2020...ting-tiki-bar/

Katherine Rodriguez 10 Sep 2020

A man whose kayak capsized in 30 feet of water in Lake George, New York, held on to his kayak for dear life until he got rescued by a group of priests on a floating tiki bar.

Jimmy MacDonald, a substance abuse counselor and former substance abuser, was rescued by the Paulist Fathers, a Catholic religious community of seminarians and priests from St. Joseph’s Seminary in Washington, DC, along with the tiki tours staff.

MacDonald was out on a rented kayak on Lake George when his kayak tipped over.

“That’s when I said, ‘Alright, I think I might die today. I think this might be it.’ I prayed to my lord and savior Jesus Christ for help,” MacDonald told WNYT.

MacDonald prayed hard and eventually found the salvation he sought for in the form of a floating tiki bar carrying priests and seminarians from St. Joseph’s Seminary in D.C., NBC Washington reported.

The priests and seminarians were on a break from a religious retreat.

Noah Ismael, a second-year seminarian, told NBC Washington, “His kayak was overturned, and we said, ‘Hey, do you need help?'”

The seminarians had been in the Lake George area because the coronavirus outbreak had hit their seminary. Ismael said a man drowned in those same waters the week before MacDonald showed up, and that weighed heavily on their minds.

“It was a movement of the Holy Spirit, that’s what I’ll say,” Ismael said.

MacDonald said he found his rescue ironic.

“I’ve been sober for seven years, and I get saved by a tiki bar,” he said.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a joke in here somewhere. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There's a joke in here somewhere. Lol.
    Heard the Priest and sailor go golfing joke? Goes like this

The sailor takes his first swing and slices it hard to the left of the green. "F*CK! I missed!" exclaimed the sailor.
    "My son! Please refrain from using that type of language, The Lord can hear you!" gasps the priest. The sailor apologizes and they proceed with their game.
    The sailor now attempts to chip his ball out of the brush. He gets off a good shot, but it rolls back into a sand trap. "F*ck, I missed!" he says again.
    "My son! Please, refrain from such sinful language! You will anger the Lord!" the priest pleads. The sailor apologizes and they continue their game.
    The sailor takes a whack at his ball from the sandtrap. He has a great shot, landing the ball right on the green. Still it's not good enough for him, so yet again he mutters "f*ck, I missed!" The priest bursts out, yelling "my son! The Lord will strike you down should you continue in your sinful ways! You will be punished for your sins!" The sailor apologizes profusely and lines up his putt. The putt heads straight for the hole and then runs around the rim and stays out. "F*CK! I MISSED!" the sailor exclaims, louder than before.
    Out of nowhere, a lightning bolt shoots from the sky. It streaks down from the clouds and hits the priest, instantly killing him. A deep, booming voice from the heavens speaks... "F*CK! I MISSED!"

Good to hear he didn't get to face a watery grave.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 10-01-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.