Thread: Something Positive From Jo Jorgensen

Something Positive From Jo Jorgensen

I've seen some questionable moves by Libertarian Party candidate Jo Jorgensen since she was selected as their nominee, but here is something I found to which my heart would warm much more readily.

https://whnt.com/news/libertarian-ca...in-huntsville/

Specifically:

“I believe that every gun law in the last 100-years should be gotten rid of,” Jorgensen said. “I also think we should keep red flag laws from being instituted because, again, that’s taking away constitutional rights without trial.”

Let's have more of this talk everywhere, shall we?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too late for Jo. Reason has declared her campagin dead.

The Incredible Shrinking 3rd Party Voter
    If Biden retains his 2-1 advantage among 2016 Libertarian and Green voters, Trump is probably toast

Matt Welch | 9.9.2020

If you crudely assigned 47 percent of the 5,946,559 Johnson/Stein voters to Biden, 20 percent to Trump, and otherwise kept the same totals for the major-party candidates from 2016, suddenly the Democrat is winning 50.2 percent of the popular vote, and the Republican is 4.47 million votes behind. And oh yeah, at least two-thirds of the third party vote goes POOF!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

If Biden retains his 2-1 advantage among 2016 Libertarian and Green voters, Trump is probably toast

Matt Welch | 9.9.2020
    LOL

TReason has to admit JoJo is a flop so they try to promote Biden.

LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Matt Welch | 9.9.2020
    Far too early for me to check if that math makes any sense, but it's hard for me to believe that Biden has an advantage among Democrats, let along anyone else.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...94532606390273

(Youtube has removed that video?)

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    Far too early for me to check if that math makes any sense, but it's hard for me to believe that Biden has an advantage among Democrats, let along anyone else.

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...94532606390273

(Youtube has removed that video?)
    No worries, Matt Welch didn't do any math either. It was just an excuse to say “hey Libertarians, vote for Joe, not Jo.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The first thing she said she would do as president would be bringing all U.S. military forces back home to focus on internal protection while building relationships with our neighboring countries.

“Maybe if they paid for their own military and the citizens of Alabama weren’t sending their tax dollars over to France to pay for their military, maybe we could get five-week vacations too,” Jorgensen said.
    Neocon Don needs a permanent vacation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Specifically:

“I believe that every gun law in the last 100-years should be gotten rid of,” Jorgensen said. “I also think we should keep red flag laws from being instituted because, again, that’s taking away constitutional rights without trial.”

If she said that, I agree with her 100%. There was another thread about a month ago regarding the NRA's failures citing basically the same thing. Any law made that restricts, regulates, bans, confiscates, destroys, or interferes in any other way with arms is unconstitutional, no exceptions, period. I'm guessing Jo thinks we can just deregulate our way back to a fully restored 2nd amendment right. Good luck with that.

The destruction of the 2nd amendment is not the fault of those that want to bring tyranny to our land. It is the fault of the American citizen, that has done little to nothing to uphold his/her own laws over the last 100+ years and the tyrants simply sensed weakness and capitalized. And now that the tyranny is at the front door, and we are being forced to deal with it and there is no longer any choice in the matter. These laws will not be struck down or eradicated unless we force them to do so and that very may very well be what is going to happen.

Matt Welch | 9.9.2020
    LP will be getting way less votes than in 2016, that was a peak that they'll likely never reach again, at least not with their current strategy (or lack of).
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've seen some questionable moves by Libertarian Party candidate Jo Jorgensen since she was selected as their nominee, but here is something I found to which my heart would warm much more readily.

https://whnt.com/news/libertarian-ca...in-huntsville/

Specifically:

Good of her to pivot off the social issues and go back to what matters to US ALL.

Of course the R/D shills have tried to keep the topic only about the uniparty but thanks for posting LIBERTY oriented content. There's no liberty coming out of either Trump or Biden and that's by design.

LOL

TReason has to admit JoJo is a flop so they try to promote Biden.

LOL
    Wait, aren't you Mormons bigly about the Constitution? Shouldn't you be supporting talk about constitutional rights, regardless of which candidate talks about it, even if you aren't necessarily voting for them? Shouldn't you support statements about constitutional rights instead of further smearing the only candidate that talks about the Constitution because some website most don't care about said something?
    Last edited by devil21; 09-11-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Wait, aren't you Mormons bigly about the Constitution? Shouldn't you be supporting talk about constitutional rights, regardless of which candidate talks about it, even if you aren't necessarily voting for them? Shouldn't you support statements about constitutional rights instead of further smearing the only candidate that talks about the Constitution because some website most don't care about said something?
    Did I say anything against the lip service she is giving the 2ndA?

I think my comment was about TReason magazine.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Did I say anything against the lip service she is giving the 2ndA?
    You're right, because I always compliment people by ignoring their statements and calling them flops. Makes total sense.

I think my comment was about TReason magazine.

There's not a libertarian bone in your entire body.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Get off the substance. More superficiality is needed.

I'm on another forum with libtards. They are absolutely horrible at marketing, and hence, getting their message out.

The only reason leftists get their message out is the big Soros-like money behind them. They have the volume. The rank and file however, hates business/entrepreneurship, and hence, stinks at marketing 101. They flap their jaws too much. Sound bites and good marketing are where it's at.

The Democrats hate old white guys, but what do they do? Nominate an old white guy! All they needed was a hot cougar and they would've been in. A female JFK.

Libertarians sometimes yack much. Just like libs.

Marianne Copenhaver aka “Libertarian Girl” is Rand Paul's creative director. Forget the Austrian economics. Nobody cares. Make some basic points with marketing behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Did anyone watch the prez libertarian debate hosted by Stossel? One of the candidates started his opening statement by apologizing. A cardinal rule of opening speech statements is that you never apologize.

There were some other marketing mistakes like that in the debate. Yeah, it's easy for me to talk because I wouldn't last two minutes under debate pressure. These candidates however, are smart enough and tough enough. They just need some coaching and basic techniques.

The DNC and RNC conventions are choreographed to the last balloon and last musical note. Candidates have coaches and practice in front of the camera. They study wardrobes. By all counts, Sanders should've gotten the nomination over Biden. Sanders got screwed by Zionists, the MIC, etc., but his clothes and lack of a comb didn't help him either.

Part of the reason Dump got in is because he's not dumpy. He doesn't equivocate in his words like Obama's stuttering. Dump wears red ties. You can say it's stupid and shouldn't count, but the fact is it does count.

Okay, now I'm yacking too much!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Did anyone watch the prez libertarian debate hosted by Stossel? One of the candidates started his opening statement by apologizing. A cardinal rule of opening speech statements is that you never apologize.

There were some other marketing mistakes like that in the debate. Yeah, it's easy for me to talk because I wouldn't last two minutes under debate pressure. These candidates however, are smart enough and tough enough. They just need some coaching and basic techniques.

The DNC and RNC conventions are choreographed to the last balloon and last musical note. Candidates have coaches and practice in front of the camera. They study wardrobes. By all counts, Sanders should've gotten the nomination over Biden. Sanders got screwed by Zionists, the MIC, etc., but his clothes and lack of a comb didn't help him either.

Part of the reason Dump got in is because he's not dumpy. He doesn't equivocate in his words like Obama's stuttering. Dump wears red ties. You can say it's stupid and shouldn't count, but the fact is it does count.

Okay, now I'm yacking too much!!!!!!!

I remember Marianne Copenhaver from the days before I ditched Facebook. Yes, I do believe the LP needs much better in the way of marketing and coordination. Every LP candidate needs a good bus and good roadies, and they need to tour the country like rock stars hungry for fame, putting on a show and spreading the message of liberty to the populace. But, sadly, it hasn't happened yet.

I remember Marianne Copenhaver from the days before I ditched Facebook. Yes, I do believe the LP needs much better in the way of marketing and coordination. Every LP candidate needs a good bus and good roadies, and they need to tour the country like rock stars hungry for fame, putting on a show and spreading the message of liberty to the populace. But, sadly, it hasn't happened yet.
    The LP's biggest weakness has been that it doesn't strategize this whole shebang as a military operation. That is, however, how the D/R uniparty strategizes their complete takeover of the political discourse. Part of that strategy is putting out "eye candy" as spokespeople (see: Kayley McEnneny-whatever) especially when the message ain't so great and the wheels are falling off, like Trump's are. Most voters are idiots sorry to say and beer and T&A does win votes alone. Of course, regimenting libertarians under a military-like structure is the fabled "herding of cats" so often written about over the years.

I'll be voting for Jo Jorgensen. I voted for Gary Johnson last time, and have never regretted it.

(I did enjoy seeing that smug look wiped off Hillary's face the night she realized she had won the popular vote, but lost the election in the electoral college).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The LP's biggest weakness has been that it doesn't strategize this whole shebang as a military operation. That is, however, how the D/R uniparty strategizes their complete takeover of the political discourse. Part of that strategy is putting out "eye candy" as spokespeople (see: Kayley McEnneny-whatever) especially when the message ain't so great and the wheels are falling off, like Trump's are. Most voters are idiots sorry to say and beer and T&A does win votes alone. Of course, regimenting libertarians under a military-like structure is the fabled "herding of cats" so often written about over the years.
    I have to give Kayley McEnany some credit, because although she is definitely eye-candy, she also seems quick and sharp. And you have to be if you're Trump's press secretary. Defending and/or explaining the, at times, wildly vacillating, capricious and cryptic Trump, has resulted in a revolving-door cast at that podium. Perhaps he's been a bit more stable under her watch, however.

But I certainly agree about the lack of organization and problems with image. Listen, I understand the crowd that the LP draws, and they can be quite interesting. But when you have guys like Vermin Supreme up there as prospective nominees, and he's wearing a boot on his head and looks bats***t crazy, it makes the Party look like a carnival. Image truly is important. (Not to attack Mr. Supreme, who, I'm sure, means well) Some better leadership might be in order.

And yes, I too voted for Johnson, and this one statement (repeal of gun laws) has put me in the Jorgensen camp, unless she falls off the wagon into some anti-liberty territory (i.e. watch it with the endorsement of BLM rhetoric).