Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 83 of 83

Thread: U. of Rhode Island to Remove WWII Murals Due to Lack of Diversity

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They sank our shipping with U-Boats and they declared war, not to mention them starting the whole war by invading Poland.
    Nobody is saying we should have gotten involved but you can't change the facts or take away the honor of our men.
    Watch this if you have the time, but it shows how the allies purposefully sailed a passenger shift in a war zone even after being warned on multiple occasion not to sail their ships in the area. The civilian ship also had cannons which they used to attack German subs.

    Hey, I do not want to give the mods a reason to split my posts into a new thread but if you want to know what the US did to provoke Germany, we can talk about it else where




  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    One can debate Jules. And his avatar was offensive. But I personally like his contributions , and he shouldn't have been banned.
    Juleswin appreciates you saying that. I dunno why he has this reputation as a shyte stirrer when all he wants is to have a civil discussion with other liberty folks in a discussion forum of all places. Imagine that?

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    One can debate Jules. And his avatar was offensive. But I personally like his contributions , and he shouldn't have been banned.
    Che is a liar and an enemy troll.

    Case in point:

    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Bookmarking to watch later but I find is very weird that all these people who claim to care about European culture and white people see no problem with communist elements in govt pushing for the killing and slaughter of millions of their own blood over in Europe?

    Yes, Rooservelt of the New deal was a socialist if not a secret communist but yet these yahoos willfully support the war he started.
    Nobody is supporting FDR's war and memorializing our troops isn't supporting the war.
    He is here to destroy America culturally and literally in concert with the other trolls, that is why he is so upset that zippy was finally and belatedly banned.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Bookmarking to watch later but I find is very weird that all these people who claim to care about European culture and white people see no problem with communist elements in govt pushing for the killing and slaughter of millions of their own blood over in Europe?

    Yes, Rooservelt of the New deal was a socialist if not a secret communist but yet these yahoos willfully support the war he started.
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Watch this if you have the time, but it shows how the allies purposefully sailed a passenger shift in a war zone even after being warned on multiple occasion not to sail their ships in the area. The civilian ship also had cannons which they used to attack German subs.

    Hey, I do not want to give the mods a reason to split my posts into a new thread but if you want to know what the US did to provoke Germany, we can talk about it else where

    I know all about FDR's intervention and desire to get us into the war and I don't support any of it.
    That isn't the point, you called for the destruction of a monument to our troops who sacrificed so much to defend their country after the war was foisted on us and to destroy two evil regimes.

    And quit pretending you care about the deaths of Europeans, if America hadn't gotten involved the war would have gone on much longer and seen far more Europeans killed.

    You think you have an angle from which you can attack our country and you don't care about anything else.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 09-10-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Che is a liar and an enemy troll.

    Case in point:



    Nobody is supporting FDR's war and memorializing our troops isn't supporting the war.
    He is here to destroy America culturally and literally in concert with the other trolls, that is why he is so upset that zippy was finally and belatedly banned.
    Question, do you think the US should do nothing about the sinking of the lusitania? or the invasion of Poland? if you think the answer is no as in, the US should do something then you kinda support the war. If he answer is no, then why bring it up in the discussion.

    Just admit it, you support the war against Nazi Germany. You think they are evil and its the US's job in the world to fight evil(except ofc when they are allied with evil)

  8. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Question, do you think the US should do nothing about the sinking of the lusitania? or the invasion of Poland? if you think the answer is no as in, the US should do something then you kinda support the war.
    You do know you are mixing up two different wars? right?
    And nobody said we should do anything about either of those incidents or that we should go to war instead of doing something else about them, you just make that up out of thin air to slander your opponents and change the subject from your demand that monuments to the heroism of our men be destroyed.

    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    If he answer is no, then why bring it up in the discussion.
    You started that discussion to distract from your attack on our men.

    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Just admit it, you support the war against Nazi Germany. You think they are evil and its the US's job in the world to fight evil(except ofc when they are allied with evil)
    Purest drivel, I have made it clear that we should have stayed out of it every time I say something, but once we were involved our men deserve to be honored.
    And while I think it was wrong to get involved in the war it is possible to justly fight one evil even if that puts you on the same side as another evil, life is complex and there are many different possible circumstances.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  9. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I know all about FDR's intervention and desire to get us into the war and I don't support any of it.
    That isn't the point, you called for the destruction of a monument to our troops who sacrificed so much to defend their country after the war was foisted on us and to destroy two evil regimes.

    And quit pretending you care about the deaths of Europeans, if America hadn't gotten involved the war would have gone on much longer and seen far more Europeans killed.

    You think you have an angle from which you can attack our country and you don't care about anything else.
    I didn't call for the destruction of anything. I just said they can add other groups to the mural when it comes time to redo it. And I said that when I still believed it was a WWII memorial i.e memorial for the people who as you say sacrificed so much to defend their country.

    I do care about the unnecessary killing of human beings, yes I don't sit around thinking how I can save European lives but when I see active action by anyone to kill Europeans en masse, I will call it out.

    Lies, the war would have ended a lot sooner had the US stay out. The British, French and the hapless communist Russians would have been routed in record time and forced to surrender. The US involvement increase the death count and the length of the war.

    I bring up these point to call you hypocrites who pretend on this forum to care about the European people. You people do not care about anyone but yourselves and the Trump admin. The zionist controlled govt could mow down large groups of prime European stock whites in a new war and all you people will care about is if the democrats were vexxed by the move.

    I am sure this is why you try so hard to get me banned because you don't want voices like mine constantly exposing you people

  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I didn't call for the destruction of anything. I just said they can add other groups to the mural when it comes time to redo it. And I said that when I still believed it was a WWII memorial i.e memorial for the people who as you say sacrificed so much to defend their country.
    That's what you said at first (which is altering history, RI didn't have many non-whites back then so their memorial doesn't need diversity) but not what you said later:

    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Thankfully, Nigerians did not actively participate in that immoral, aggressive war but I am sure other American groups other than white people participated in it and for some reason are proud of flying to Europe where they had no business being in and taking the opportunity to kill, destroy and rape much of Germany.

    I am saying maybe when the mural is redone, their savagery acts during the war can also be represented in said mural.
    You wanted it defaced to DIShonor those it is supposed to honor.

    Then you made it clear that was the intent and/or that you wanted it destroyed:

    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Not offensive for it lack of diversity but offensive that anyone with a conscience wanna celebrate these people in any way shape or form.
    Just stop.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You do know you are mixing up two different wars? right?
    And nobody said we should do anything about either of those incidents or that we should go to war instead of doing something else about them, you just make that up out of thin air to slander your opponents and change the subject from your demand that monuments to the heroism of our men be destroyed.


    You started that discussion to distract from your attack on our men.


    Purest drivel, I have made it clear that we should have stayed out of it every time I say something, but once we were involved our men deserve to be honored.
    And while I think it was wrong to get involved in the war it is possible to justly fight one evil even if that puts you on the same side as another evil, life is complex and there are many different possible circumstances.
    Yup, I see my mistake now. Lusitania is ww1 and pearl harbour is wwii. But you are the one who said they sunk our ship with their U boats which is the Lusitania, that confused me.

    Thanks for clarifying your stance, my issue is with the idea that if you are doing something wrong with govt agents, you should continue doing something wrong just because you have started. Sorry but I disagree with it, we shouldn't have gotten involved and our involvement made things worse for everybody.

    Lastly they did not defend the US against anything.

  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I do care about the unnecessary killing of human beings, yes I don't sit around thinking how I can save European lives but when I see active action by anyone to kill Europeans en masse, I will call it out.

    Lies, the war would have ended a lot sooner had the US stay out. The British, French and the hapless communist Russians would have been routed in record time and forced to surrender. The US involvement increase the death count and the length of the war.

    I bring up these point to call you hypocrites who pretend on this forum to care about the European people. You people do not care about anyone but yourselves and the Trump admin. The zionist controlled govt could mow down large groups of prime European stock whites in a new war and all you people will care about is if the democrats were vexxed by the move.

    I am sure this is why you try so hard to get me banned because you don't want voices like mine constantly exposing you people
    LOL

    We are not dealing with a Nigerian here, we are dealing with a NAZI (possibly an arab or iranian one) in camouflage, very possibly the same one who hides behind e_d, his support for Che was just a way to support socialism (he has posted before defending the NAZIs economic policies and claiming they weren't socialist) and disrupt the site.

    Germany was never going to successfully conquer the USSR or the British Empire, the war would have dragged out for years longer and Germany would have lost anyway but only after far more people were killed in every country involved.

    And those of us who support Trump do so because he is ending the wars.

    I have always supported the banning of lying enemy trolls and you are proving that you are one more than ever before.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's what you said at first (which is altering history, RI didn't have many non-whites back then so their memorial doesn't need diversity) but not what you said later:


    You wanted it defaced to DIShonor those it is supposed to honor.

    Then you made it clear that was the intent and/or that you wanted it destroyed:



    Just stop.
    Stop it, I never said I wanted the mural to be destroyed or defaced. I said when its time to redo the painting because murals fade out after years of weathering, said mural can be revised to include some other groups who scarified their lives for the war. That is all.

  14. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Yup, I see my mistake now. Lusitania is ww1 and pearl harbour is wwii. But you are the one who said they sunk our ship with their U boats which is the Lusitania, that confused me.

    Thanks for clarifying your stance, my issue is with the idea that if you are doing something wrong with govt agents, you should continue doing something wrong just because you have started. Sorry but I disagree with it, we shouldn't have gotten involved and our involvement made things worse for everybody.

    Lastly they did not defend the US against anything.
    The Germans sank many merchant ships in both wars.

    And they did defend their country, how the country was put in danger is a different matter but Japan and Germany both declared war on us and would have killed Americans and sought to destroy America.

    Non-interventionism doesn't make fighting an evil regime an inherently evil act once your leaders have violated no-interventionism.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  16. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Stop it, I never said I wanted the mural to be destroyed or defaced. I said when its time to redo the painting because murals fade out after years of weathering, said mural can be revised to include some other groups who scarified their lives for the war. That is all.
    Sure:

    Originally Posted by John-G

    Thankfully, Nigerians did not actively participate in that immoral, aggressive war but I am sure other American groups other than white people participated in it and for some reason are proud of flying to Europe where they had no business being in and taking the opportunity to kill, destroy and rape much of Germany.

    I am saying maybe when the mural is redone, their savagery acts during the war can also be represented in said mural.
    Originally Posted by John-G

    Not offensive for it lack of diversity but offensive that anyone with a conscience wanna celebrate these people in any way shape or form.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    We are not dealing with a Nigerian here, we are dealing with a NAZI (possibly an arab or iranian one) in camouflage, very possibly the same one who hides behind e_d, his support for Che was just a way to support socialism (he has posted before defending the NAZIs economic policies and claiming they weren't socialist) and disrupt the site.

    Germany was never going to successfully conquer the USSR or the British Empire, the war would have dragged out for years longer and Germany would have lost anyway but only after far more people were killed in every country involved.

    And those of us who support Trump do so because he is ending the wars.

    I have always supported the banning of lying enemy trolls and you are proving that you are one more than ever before.
    Yes, Columbo here has figured meout. I am not Nigeria and have been faking my persona for years on end just so that I can express my anti war views regarding WWII? You are just wrong and I dunno how else to convince you. I am anti war, anti colonialism and imperialist and that explains why I am fond of people like Che.

    The axis countries were going to finish off the allied countries had US stay out. The same story with WWI, Germany was just that more superior and advanced than its socialist and communist neighbours. And they didn't need to conquer USSR, just defeat the western EU countries and USSR will see no need to continue the fight.

  18. #75
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  19. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Excellent documentary and a must watch.

    Another good one is the Greatest story never told. Its almost 5 hours of meticulous documentation of motivated the Germans into doing what they did and hint, it wasn't anti semetism.

  20. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sure:
    I didn't deny saying any of that. Why are you posting this. Rewatch the documentary @Danke posted and I do not take anything I said back. The allies were the true evil monsters in the war and while I sympathize with the solider's for being forced into the crimes they committed. They had to follow orders or would have been imprisoned by their govts, I will no honour them for their sacrifice.

  21. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Yay for censorship. Yes lock the thread and ban him? ofc we scream about censorship by places like fedbook and youtube but have no problem siding with the censors when they shut up someone spouting information that are inconvenient to your narrative.

    Sadly on RPF, decent is now seen by some as a dangerous evil that has to be censored.

    "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

    Don't be that guy, fight that urge. You are better than this
    Settle down Beavis...

    YOU were the one that originally pointed out that the story didn't add up and it was probably clickbait, because the mural in question did not appear to be showing WWII vets.

    Why you decided to personally denigrate the men who fought authoritarian statism in their lifetimes is beyond me.

    But that's why you're gonna wear out your welcome, again.

    This thread was never about the moral and political imperatives associated with WWII.

    It was about yet another expensive Ivy League institution of higher learning canceling a piece of history because it had too many white people in it.

    And you agreed that shouldn't happen, so why are you unnecessarily stirring the excrement for no good reason?



    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post


    This is the mural in question. I get the principle in not letting woke culture win out but will not die on this hill. It was a product of its time and for that reason should be left alone. Maybe if the time came to repaint it, they can add in a few other groups.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-10-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  22. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Settle down Beavis...

    YOU were the one that originally pointed out that the story didn't add up and it was probably clickbait, because the mural in question did not appear to be showing WWII vets.

    Why you decided to personally denigrate the men who fought authoritarian statism in their lifetimes is beyond me.

    But that's why you're gonna wear out your welcome, again.

    This thread was never about the moral and political imperatives associated with WWII.

    It was about yet another expensive Ivy League institution of higher learning canceling a piece of history because it had too many white people in it.

    And you agreed that shouldn't happen, so why are you unnecessarily stirring the excrement for no good reason?
    I did not denigrate the men who fought in the war, just the actions of some of em and the war itself. My main point is that we should not celebrate or praise them and they did not fight authoritarianism or statism. They fought, killed and raped people who our govt did not like and they did this fighting along side very vicious statists and authoritarians.

    Also, did angeltc also wear out her welcome? there are dozens of old member who have simply been vanished from the site for unknown reasons. The mods and management never give a reason for bans, you just wake up one morning and see that someone can longer post and that is it.

    Lastly, thread topic always drift from the OP discussion point. It is just the nature of internet discussion boards. I do not intentionally try to derail topics because I hate when the mods split my posts from its original home, but this is what you get with the internet folks

  23. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Settle down Beavis...

    YOU were the one that originally pointed out that the story didn't add up and it was probably clickbait, because the mural in question did not appear to be showing WWII vets.

    Why you decided to personally denigrate the men who fought authoritarian statism in their lifetimes is beyond me.

    But that's why you're gonna wear out your welcome, again.

    This thread was never about the moral and political imperatives associated with WWII.

    It was about yet another expensive Ivy League institution of higher learning canceling a piece of history because it had too many white people in it.

    And you agreed that shouldn't happen, so why are you unnecessarily stirring the excrement for no good reason?
    He only agreed it shouldn't happen after you called him out on it, before that he called for it himself, he said he wanted POCs added to it in spite of the fact that that would be unhistorical, then he switched to calling for it to be desecrated/destroyed.

    The lying little NAZI is here to disrupt the site and try to destroy our culture and our country that is why he continues to stir and that is why he should be banned again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  25. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We are not dealing with a Nigerian here, we are dealing with a NAZI (possibly an arab or iranian one) in camouflage, very possibly the same one who hides behind e_d, his support for Che was just a way to support socialism (he has posted before defending the NAZIs economic policies and claiming they weren't socialist) and disrupt the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    White Supremacy a bigger threat than the Deep State? What a joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Originally Posted by Marenco

    "White Supremacy" a bigger threat to the Deep State? Not a joke...
    fify
    ...
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Yes, Columbo here has figured meout. I am not Nigeria and have been faking my persona for years on end just so that I can express my anti war views regarding WWII? You are just wrong and I dunno how else to convince you. I am anti war, anti colonialism and imperialist and that explains why I am fond of people like Che.

    The axis countries were going to finish off the allied countries had US stay out. The same story with WWI, Germany was just that more superior and advanced than its socialist and communist neighbours. And they didn't need to conquer USSR, just defeat the western EU countries and USSR will see no need to continue the fight.
    Look I'm a Non Interventionist & I think our involvement was a mistake because the Soviet Union & Nazi Germany were both evil. I even think that the Soviet Union was worse.

    I reallly don't dislike you. But you should make better arguments why we should not fight endless wars.
    You should never attack our Troops attack the politicians they are responsible war the wars & they should be called out!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Super Joe Biden is already draining the swamp?

  27. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    One can debate Jules. And his avatar was offensive. But I personally like his contributions , and he shouldn't have been banned.
    Banned ? oh , I figured they had sent him to Gitmo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads

  1. What about Rhode Island? Ron does well in New England.
    By sailingaway in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. What happened in Rhode Island?
    By J. W. Evans in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 04:01 AM
  3. Rhode Island Primary.
    By Grundloven in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM
  4. Rhode Island - Where are you at?
    By RPSignbomb in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
  5. Rhode Island Needs Help!
    By rg123 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •