Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 83

Thread: U. of Rhode Island to Remove WWII Murals Due to Lack of Diversity

  1. #31
    The OP title from Breitbart is misleading. It is not a “WWII” memorial mural. It just reflected student life at the time it was painted.

    “In fact, the murals examine student life in the early 1950s, from going to the beach, attending homecoming and graduating from the University. There are only two scenes showing military personnel-- one of the Kingston Train Station, and the other showing ROTC personnel,” Lavallee reasoned, noting that “the murals do not have a military focus even though they were painted to convey student life as servicemen came back to URI on the GI Bill.”
    ...
    https://campusreform.org/?ID=15625
    There is nothing offensive about the mural. It isn't a great work of art by any stretch, it was done by a cartoonist.

    There is something very offensive about SJW critical theory and it’s attempts to demonize and erase history.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Were u able to find the other paintings from the mural set? regardless, its a very weird way of honoring the dead.
    It’s not a WWII memorial.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol. You're such an jack-wagon.
    Its unfortunate you feel this way about my post, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with my take because its no secret that I have always been against US involvement in WWII. I sympathize with the poor men who were put in the position but I do not celebrate the men who were forced to kill their brothers in Europe. Churchill and his army should have been allowed to lose that war and the Imperialist Britain allowed to fall.

    Also, according to Brian, the mural is not a WWII memorial.

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It’s not a WWII memorial.
    Thanks for the update, I thought that looked really off as a WWII memorial.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    ya , i'm going to stand with that there is nothing offensive about the mural.
    Same here. The art style is pretty unique as well. I would keep it up just for that reason.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #36
    I think the Intervention in WW2 was a mistake since the Soviet Union was much worse than Nazi Germany.
    But there is no reason to attack our Troops.
    You can be pro Troops & a Non Interventionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Super Joe Biden is already draining the swamp?

  9. #37
    Che is insane, first he wanted history altered to represent "diversity" when there was none and now he is pretending that the Germans were innocent victims and that American GIs don't deserve to be honored for their sacrifices and fighting for their country just because the US was maneuvered into a war against evil regimes and just because bad things happened on all sides just like they do in every war.
    @John-G your propaganda has no power here.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The OP title from Breitbart is misleading. It is not a “WWII” memorial mural. It just reflected student life at the time it was painted.

    There is nothing offensive about the mural. It isn't a great work of art by any stretch, it was done by a cartoonist.

    There is something very offensive about SJW critical theory and it’s attempts to demonize and erase history.
    Yes, you are correct, I got clickbaited.

    You can delete or close if you want, before juleswin gets himself banned again.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, you are correct, I got clickbaited.

    You can delete or close if you want, before juleswin gets himself banned again.
    Please wait until after he gets himself banned again.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, you are correct, I got clickbaited.

    You can delete or close if you want, before juleswin gets himself banned again.
    Yay for censorship. Yes lock the thread and ban him? ofc we scream about censorship by places like fedbook and youtube but have no problem siding with the censors when they shut up someone spouting information that are inconvenient to your narrative.

    Sadly on RPF, decent is now seen by some as a dangerous evil that has to be censored.

    "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

    Don't be that guy, fight that urge. You are better than this



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Please wait until after he gets himself banned again.
    Banned for doing what exactly? can u people hear yourselves?

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Che is insane, first he wanted history altered to represent "diversity" when there was none and now he is pretending that the Germans were innocent victims and that American GIs don't deserve to be honored for their sacrifices and fighting for their country just because the US was maneuvered into a war against evil regimes and just because bad things happened on all sides just like they do in every war.
    @John-G your propaganda has no power here.
    I didn't know it was a mural about college life when I made my first comment, I thought it was a WWII memorial. Germans may not be innocent victims but the US had no business fighting them. Most countries are evil including the Communist Soviet Union who joined the allies. Britain on the other hand was an Imperialist regime who had occupation with the colonies in multiple parts of the world. So spare me the GI fighting evil in Germany.

    Bad things happen in wars and that is why you don't get your self involved in it if you haven''t been attacked. The US choose to meddle in EU affairs that led to the killing, destruction and 800k plus incident of raping of German women after the war. Sorry but I do not consider the agents of the US who destroyed Germany as hero. They served an evil regime albeit a forced servitude.

  16. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Banned for doing what exactly? can u people hear yourselves?
    For the same things that got you banned before, trying to get zippy unbanned and promoting anti-liberty/anti-American agendas.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I didn't know it was a mural about college life when I made my first comment, I thought it was a WWII memorial. Germans may not be innocent victims but the US had no business fighting them. Most countries are evil including the Communist Soviet Union who joined the allies. Britain on the other hand was an Imperialist regime who had occupation with the colonies in multiple parts of the world. So spare me the GI fighting evil in Germany.

    Bad things happen in wars and that is why you don't get your self involved in it if you haven''t been attacked. The US choose to meddle in EU affairs that led to the killing, destruction and 800k plus incident of raping of German women after the war. Sorry but I do not consider the agents of the US who destroyed Germany as hero. They served an evil regime albeit a forced servitude.
    Sorry, nobody is buying it.

    You consistently point out the problems on the winning side and ignore the problems on the losing side because you hate America and want to destroy us culturally and actually.

    The leadership problems in the US do not reduce the honor and glory due to the men who defeated two evil regimes in that war.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    For the same things that got you banned before, trying to get zippy unbanned and promoting anti-liberty/anti-American agendas.
    Trying to get zippy unbanned? I assumed juleswin was just trying to find out what zippy did to get banned. But ofc, you we have too much freedom that we are not allowed to question the actions of the leader, we should all just keep quiet when a long time member is black bagged without any clear reasons for the black bagging. That is the normal thing to do right?

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Banned for doing what exactly? can u people hear yourselves?
    The same $#@! you were originally banned for? Go figure. Yup, you are the victim.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sorry, nobody is buying it.

    You consistently point out the problems on the winning side and ignore the problems on the losing side because you hate America and want to destroy us culturally and actually.

    The leadership problems in the US do not reduce the honor and glory due to the men who defeated two evil regimes in that war.
    Stop talking for other members. The people who arent buying it can talk for themselves.

    I consistently point out the problems of the aggressor, they claim to be in Europe to liberate them while they fought along site mass murdering communists and imperialists. How many million Ukrainians did USSR starve again? Had these hypocrites minded their own business non of the crimes of the war wouldn't have happened. That is why I focus my attention on them.

    Destroy US culturally? I just want the US to stop destroying other countries and civilization they do not agree with. If the US stay away from WWII their culture would have been much better than it is today. Wars degrade culture, it doesn't enhance them.

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The same $#@! you were originally banned for? Go figure. Yup, you are the victim.
    Use your word and spit it out. Juleswin doesn't even know why he was banned, the mods don't know but somehow you and swordy knows exactly what he did wrong. I wonder if you are/know the snitch who told on him?



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Stop talking for other members. The people who arent buying it can talk for themselves.

    I consistently point out the problems of the aggressor, they claim to be in Europe to liberate them while they fought along site mass murdering communists and imperialists. How many million Ukrainians did USSR starve again? Had these hypocrites minded their own business non of the crimes of the war wouldn't have happened. That is why I focus my attention on them.

    Destroy US culturally? I just want the US to stop destroying other countries and civilization they do not agree with. If the US stay away from WWII their culture would have been much better than it is today. Wars degrade culture, it doesn't enhance them.
    Germany was the aggressor.
    And nothing you say means that our troops don't deserve to be honored.
    You are very clearly trying to rewrite history and destroy the US, we can't change the past but we can honor those who deserve honor in it, if you want to advocate for eliminating all honors to FDR go ahead.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Use your word and spit it out. Juleswin doesn't even know why he was banned, the mods don't know but somehow you and swordy knows exactly what he did wrong. I wonder if you are/know the snitch who told on him?
    LOL

    Nobody snitched, everyone could see it coming as you openly badgered the mods to unban an enemy troll who promoted lies and tyranny.

    But keep playing the victim.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  25. #51
    Not sure why the hate for Jules. Everything he has posted is the truth.

    https://archive.org/details/Hellstor...btitles_201511


    Also:

    Last edited by Danke; 09-10-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  26. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Germany was the aggressor.
    And nothing you say means that our troops don't deserve to be honored.
    You are very clearly trying to rewrite history and destroy the US, we can't change the past but we can honor those who deserve honor in it, if you want to advocate for eliminating all honors to FDR go ahead.
    When did Germany attack the US? how can they be the aggressor when they are minding their won business in EU. Sorry pal but you support people who allied with literal mass murdering communists. I on the other hand choose to listen to the founder like George Washington and mind our own business. If Nazis and communists want to fight it out, why should I involve myself in their battle?

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Use your word and spit it out. Juleswin doesn't even know why he was banned, the mods don't know but somehow you and swordy knows exactly what he did wrong. I wonder if you are/know the snitch who told on him?
    Now what would there be something to snitch about? I dunno. You're a commie asshat. I certainly didn't go to the mods with this secretive information
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-10-2020 at 06:43 PM.

  28. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

    Nobody snitched, everyone could see it coming as you openly badgered the mods to unban an enemy troll who promoted lies and tyranny.

    But keep playing the victim.
    I said it in jest, juleswin was banned for no good reason. They mods who banned him could not even give him a reason for the ban, if they didn't know the reason, how can 2 schmucks like you know the reason?

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    When did Germany attack the US? how can they be the aggressor when they are minding their won business in EU. Sorry pal but you support people who allied with literal mass murdering communists. I on the other hand choose to listen to the founder like George Washington and mind our own business. If Nazis and communists want to fight it out, why should I involve myself in their battle?
    They sank our shipping with U-Boats and they declared war, not to mention them starting the whole war by invading Poland.
    Nobody is saying we should have gotten involved but you can't change the facts or take away the honor of our men.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Not sure why the hate for Jules. Everything he has posted is the truth.
    The truths he invoked do not justify his attack on the memory of our fighting men.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Not sure why the hate for Jules. Everything he has posted is the truth.

    https://archive.org/details/Hellstor...btitles_201511


    Also:

    Bookmarking to watch later but I find is very weird that all these people who claim to care about European culture and white people see no problem with communist elements in govt pushing for the killing and slaughter of millions of their own blood over in Europe?

    Yes, Rooservelt of the New deal was a socialist if not a secret communist but yet these yahoos willfully support the war he started.

  33. #58
    One can debate Jules. And his avatar was offensive. But I personally like his contributions , and he shouldn't have been banned.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

    Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    Short Income Tax Video

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I said it in jest, juleswin was banned for no good reason. They mods who banned him could not even give him a reason for the ban, if they didn't know the reason, how can 2 schmucks like you know the reason?
    The fact that you can't grok why, is why YOU are the "schmuck."

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    One can debate Jules. And his avatar was offensive. But I personally like his contributions , and he shouldn't have been banned.
    He's always been a thread slide $#@!. Or hadn't you noticed? As, in, case in point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. What about Rhode Island? Ron does well in New England.
    By sailingaway in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. What happened in Rhode Island?
    By J. W. Evans in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 04:01 AM
  3. Rhode Island Primary.
    By Grundloven in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 05:52 PM
  4. Rhode Island - Where are you at?
    By RPSignbomb in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:06 AM
  5. Rhode Island Needs Help!
    By rg123 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •