Thread: Trump Slaps Import Bans On Chinese Companies Using “Forced Labor” From Imprisoned Muslims

Trump Slaps Import Bans On Chinese Companies Using “Forced Labor” From Imprisoned Muslims

Washington has announced its latest move to punish Chinese CCP officials and mainland-based companies for enabling human rights abuses in Xinjiang, the far-western region where as many as 1 million Chinese Uighur (a Muslim minority group) have reportedly been interned in a network of ‘forced labor camps’.

The Trump administration announced Tuesday morning that it has banned imports from three Chinese companies based in the Xinjiang region of China, retaliation for Beijing’s repression of the Uighurs.

US Customs and Border Protection on Aug. 11 issued a “withhold release order”, which is used to combat forced labor in global supply chains, against Hero Vast Group for using “convict labor and forced labor to produce the garments it manufactures.” CBP said in a statement. It issued similar orders against Lop County Meixin Hair Product Co. on June 17 and Hetian Haolin Hair Accessories Co. on May 1, according to the Tuesday announcement.

The US plans to impose similar restrictions on six more firms, targeting cotton, textiles, tomatoes, haircare products and computer parts from the area.Those should arrive by the end of this fiscal year, the CBP said (the new fiscal year for the federal government begins Oct. 1).

https://nationandstate.com/2020/09/0...soned-muslims/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great, now tell me when Orange Man sanctions California goobermint officials who use prisoners to put out their damned wildfires.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...ntry-wildfires

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Trump to CNN: 'I love the Muslims'
    "I love the Muslims. I think they're great people."The Republican presidential front-runner made the comment after addressing high school students here at their homecoming Saturday night.
    CNN
    Sep 20, 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sep 8, 2020
    Washington has announced its latest move to punish Chinese CCP officials and mainland-based companies for enabling human rights abuses in Xinjiang, the far-western region where as many as 1 million Chinese Uighur (a Muslim minority group) have reportedly been interned in a network of ‘forced labor camps’.
    Another example of consistent alpha leadership and global enforcement of minorities civil rights.

Great, the price of my Kaepernick sneakers are going to go up.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Great, now tell me when Orange Man sanctions California goobermint officials who use prisoners to put out their damned wildfires.

XNN
    Hard labor has always been a recognized punishment and is specifically allowed for in the Constitution's prohibition on slavery.

That's entirely different from what China is doing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hard labor has always been a recognized punishment and is specifically allowed for in the Constitution's prohibition on slavery.

That's entirely different from what China is doing.
    Yeah. You are right. Prisoners sent into fire zones to fight fires risk life and limb. No union death benefit. No life insurance payout. That goes beyond cleaning weeds out of a ditch while on the chain gang.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11686212/r...led-on-the-job

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Yeah. You are right. Prisoners sent into fire zones to fight fires risk life and limb. No union death benefit. No life insurance payout. That goes beyond cleaning weeds out of a ditch while on the chain gang.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11686212/r...led-on-the-job

XNN
    I'm willing to consider that risking life and limb may be different than the rock yard or stamping out license plates but as I understand it they are not forced but are induced to fight fires for pay.

And in any case China is imprisoning people who do nothing wrong and using them for slave labor for corporations.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Over a month after widespread allegations that China has been routinely using its Muslim Uighur population as prison laborers for products shipped to the West — specifically after 13 tons of human hair in weave products estimated to be worth over $800,000 was seized as a US port — the Department of Homeland Security announced Monday five new orders blocking the importation of products believed to be the result of forced labor.

Acting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Mark Morgan underscored the new measures send a "clear message" concerning forced labor entering US supply chains.

“Today’s Withhold Release Orders send a clear message to the international community that we will not tolerate the illicit, inhumane, and exploitative practices of forced labor in U.S. supply chains,” Morgan said, according to The Hill.

The directives are aimed at blocking products from multiple facilities in China’s Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region that are suspected of being either internment or 're-education camps' or as including staff made up of forced labor.

A brief listing of the five orders via the DHS website includes the following:

All products made with labor from the Lop County No. 4 Vocational Skills Education and Training Center in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
    Hair products made in the Lop County Hair Product Industrial Park in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
    Apparel produced by Yili Zhuowan Garment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and Baoding LYSZD Trade and Business Co., Ltd in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
    Cotton produced and processed by Xinjiang Junggar Cotton and Linen Co., Ltd. in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
    Computer parts made by Hefei Bitland Information Technology Co., Ltd. in Anhui, China.

Morgan added of these tightening of controls that “The Trump Administration will not stand idly by and allow foreign companies to subject vulnerable workers to forced labor while harming American businesses that respect human rights and the rule of law.”

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ps-entering-us

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

XNN
    Eh, those are actually pretty good programs. They don't force those guys to do that (maybe it's different in Cali), they volunteer (as much as an inmate can I guess), and when they get out they're certified firefighters.

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/de...ion%20JC_0.pdf

I had a chance to work with some of them on some big fires back when I was a volunteer FF. They loved what they did, only wishing they were called up more.

And check this out, might be the only thing California's governor Newsom has done right:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/11/91219...e-firefighters
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Eh, those are actually pretty good programs. They don't force those guys to do that (maybe it's different in Cali), they volunteer (as much as an inmate can I guess), and when they get out they're certified firefighters.

I had a chance to work with some of them on some big fires back when I was a volunteer FF. They loved what they did, only wishing they were called up more.

And check this out, might be the only thing California's governor Newsom has done right:

I met a guy that works at the landfill. He was always extremely helpful and polite. After about a year he was telling me something like 6 more months. It was not until that moment that I knew he was an inmate. I never recognized the subtle stripes on his outfit. This guy learned how to operate and fix heavy equipment. He was imprisoned for 15 years because of major drug bust. I am honored to know him and think that program offered him a success avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

That's good to know. Nice to have some first hand perspective.

XNN

Why not tell the whole story and that those prisoners are volunteering for the work in return for training and the promise of a job for those who do well once they are released. Orange man bad!...lol
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Does this mean a good part of following historic achievements was in fact fruit of minorities human rights abuse/slave labor?

Quote:
    Some dirty facts had been leaked in media. However , 'getting played' feelings among some purists and conservatives seem misplaced, outcomes like following could have been just a good ol failure depite deeply sincerest intentions to do the opposite:

U.S. Trade Deficit Hits Highest Level in History at $891.3B

fortune
    Mar 6, 2019 - The Commerce Department reported the record-breaking trade deficit Wednesday, which grew despite Trump's efforts to the contrary.

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

politico
    Mar 6, 2019 - The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump's second year in office, despite his efforts to rein in ...

If so, why this action is taking place 3 weeks before eections?
    Was this gross human rights abuse and exploitation issue raised by Trump with his "good friend" in any of the dozens of 'make a deal' meeting he held with him durng last 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Why not tell the whole story and that those prisoners are volunteering for the work in return for training and the promise of a job for those who do well once they are released. Orange man bad!...lol
    LOL

That's some nice CCP propaganda.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

That's some nice CCP propaganda.
    The only reason I posted that was because I just read this article I will post and the first comment of your post took a shot at Trump even though the prisoner program is something inmates willingly participate in apply for on their own.

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    The only reason I posted that was because I just read this article I will post and the first comment of your post took a shot at Trump even though the prisoner program is something inmates willingly participate in apply for on their own.

I thought you might be joking.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Does this mean a good part of following historic achievements was in fact fruit of minorities human rights abuse/slave labor?

Quote:
    Some dirty facts had been leaked in media. However , 'getting played' feelings among some purists and conservatives seem misplaced, outcomes like following could have been just a good ol failure depite deeply sincerest intentions to do the opposite:

U.S. Trade Deficit Hits Highest Level in History at $891.3B

fortune
    Mar 6, 2019 - The Commerce Department reported the record-breaking trade deficit Wednesday, which grew despite Trump's efforts to the contrary.

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

politico
    Mar 6, 2019 - The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump's second year in office, despite his efforts to rein in ...

If so, why this action is taking place 3 weeks before eections?
    Was this gross human rights abuse and exploitation issue raised by Trump with his "good friend" in any of the dozens of 'make a deal' meeting he held with him durng last 4 years?
    You can see in this chart that the trade deficit was spiraling out of control before trump took office. From the looks of it now, his trade policies are starting to work. I would have to see what happens over time to make a solid conclusion though. Changes take time to register when you are dealt with such a $#@!ty hand and the chinese virus all at the same time. I was actually somewhat impressed it is going his way again considering all of the democrats who have shut down their states crippling whole industries.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/nati...y-163300000000
    Thomas Jefferson