Thread: WI-Mom calls cops for help with mentally distressed son. You know what happened next...

Exclamation WI-Mom calls cops for help with mentally distressed son. You know what happened next...

Yet it still brought protests...I'm the last to defend cops but this was clearly self defense.

And black cop/black victim ensured no real media coverage outside the local area.

From a mother’s worried call to a crying officer, new video and documents reveal circumstances around fatal Sheboygan police shooting

https://www.sheboyganpress.com/story...th/3306376001/

6 August 2020

Matt Piper Sheboygan Press

SHEBOYGAN — Bryan Pray gasped for air as a fellow police officer got out of her car and ran toward him, the body of a Sheboygan man lying between them on the 15th Street pavement.

"Yo, he chased me, man, with these knives!" Pray shouted. "Bro! He chased me, man!"

"He charged me, man!" he repeated. "I almost fell!"

"Hey, it's OK," the officer told him. "Take a breath."

Pray did, and helped the officer roll the man over so she could perform CPR before insisting, again, that the man had charged him. Then he began to cry.

Department of Justice body camera footage and documents released Wednesday show the shooting death of 32-year-old Sheboygan resident Kevan Ruffin on July 2, as well as the moments leading up to it, when Pray called out to Ruffin with familiarity — "Hey, Ruffin" — and after, when Pray told officers he was devastated by what he'd done.

"I can't even talk right now, man," he told a lieutenant who tried to console him. "I didn't want that to happen to him, man. I Tased him."

Other investigative documents released Wednesday show Ruffin's mother had warned police a little over 24 hours earlier that her son was in the midst of a breakdown after a recent change to his medication and the retirement of his social worker. In the time between, he had walked barefoot 4 miles to the neighboring town of Kohler with no shirt on.

Ruffin's death, coming after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis increased scrutiny of police violence against Black men nationwide, led to protests in Sheboygan. Some family members wondered if a white man would have been treated differently by police who knew he was in a mental health crisis.

But Sheboygan County District Attorney Joel Urmanski determined last month that charges won't be filed against Pray — who is also Black and told investigators he had "worked with the Black Lives Matter movement" and supported police reforms. Urmanski wrote that "unfortunately (Pray's) use of deadly force was necessary."

The Sheboygan Press reviewed videos, audio and 300 pages of case reports released Wednesday afternoon by the DOJ. Here are some of the key things we learned.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    white or news coverage

crayons...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Not surprised that the media isn't covering this since the cop involved was black.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Suicide by cop, pretty simple.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Suicide by cop, pretty simple.
    Yes, it is, and why I have been preaching, ad nauseaum, to never call cops, especially in situations like this.

This is not "systemic racism" or some other BLM bull$#@!, it is training and escalation and calling an armed government law enforcer instead of a doctor.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Honestly did no one tell the officer that the guy had two giant ninja knives?

Hell if I would have even gotten out of the SUV. I'd be talking to the guy over the loudspeaker with the doors locked and my foot on the gas.

Never approach someone like that by yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, it is, and why I have been preaching, ad nauseaum, to never call cops, especially in situations like this.

This is not "systemic racism" or some other BLM bull$#@!, it is training and escalation and calling an armed government law enforcer instead of a doctor.
    Definitely not racism.

Sometimes there’s no stopping someone who wants to do that. Once the guy is walking around the streets menacing people with the long knives, his family might not call the cops, but everyone else will. Or a citizen might take care of the threat.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Definitely not racism.

Sometimes there’s no stopping someone who wants to do that. Once the guy is walking around the streets menacing people with the long knives, his family might not call the cops, but everyone else will. Or a citizen might take care of the threat.
    True, no denying that.

Even so, I would have tried anybody but cops to try and talk him down, if he was part of my "trust circle" that I cared about.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    True, no denying that.

Even so, I would have tried anybody but cops to try and talk him down, if he was part of my "trust circle" that I cared about.
    Why would these people would think otherwise after life long conditioning by cop TV and movie fairy tales and pro-police news media propaganda. The average person has no clue how bad it really is if they have not been effected. Even if a friend or own family is effected they will still believe that person must have done something all due to extreme level of pro-authoritarian conditioning and worship they have consumed in their lifetime.

I think many were coming around this year but the political pundit gods (disinformation agents), particularly on the right reigned them back in.

The political pundits, news media and Hollywood is the enemy in the propaganda war on our civil liberties.