Thread: Koch-Funded Reason Magazine Urges for ANTIFA’s Funding Sources Not to be Investigated

Koch-Funded Reason Magazine Urges for ANTIFA’s Funding Sources Not to be Investigated

The Koch-funded Reason Magazine published an article on Tuesday claiming that it is not necessary for ANTIFA’s funding to be investigated at the federal level.

Reason writer Robby Soave wrote his pro-ANTIFA article after a mob of domestic terrorists attacked Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and his wife outside of the Republican National Convention last week. After the attack, Paul and others called for ANTIFA’s funding to be investigated at the federal level.

“My question is: Who are these people? Who paid for their hotel rooms? Who flew them in? Law enforcement needs to look at the funding of violent criminal activity like this,” Paul explained.

“And national Democrats need to confront it. It’s organized. It’s paid for. It’s violent. It’s not about Black lives or any lives; it’s about anarchy and destruction. The American people are starting to catch on and grow tired of it,” he added.

Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) also demanded for the interests funding these domestic terrorists to finally be held accountable.

The Justice Department needs to open an investigation into who is funding these violent riots.

— Congressman Ken Buck (@RepKenBuck) August 30, 2020

Soave argued that it is not the job of the feds to protect the homeland from domestic terrorists such as ANTIFA because limited government, or something. He said that “the notion that the violent protests cropping up in U.S. cities are funded by a secret, shadowy cabal is a myth.”

“People engaged in militant, far-left activism may travel from city to city, and they may be loosely connected with other activists in a semi-organized fashion, but they probably aren’t sitting on some secret pile of money,” Soave wrote.

However, progressive billionaire George Soros pledged this summer to donate $220 million to causes affiliated with Black Lives Matter. Soros’ main front, the Open Society Network, has fomented the riots and terrorism at every turn. They make it clear with their rhetoric that this is a Soros-backed operation.

“It is inspiring and powerful to experience this transformational moment in the racial justice movement,” said Open Society Foundations’ President Patrick Gaspard. “We are honored to be able to carry on the vital work of fighting for rights, dignity, and equity for oppressed people the world over started by our founder and chair, George Soros.”

“We recognize that the struggle to dismantle systemic racism is an ongoing one; it has existed from the dawn of the republic to the present day, and is embedded in every level of government and in our penal and justice systems. But the power-surge of people who have taken to the streets to demand that this nation do better—people of all ages, from all backgrounds, and in every corner of this country—gives hope to us all,” he added.

However, Soave denies the facts in order to continue his bogus narrative that ANTIFA rioters are just a ragtag group of activists.

“When public order breaks down, some subset of the population will rob stores, smash windows, and set buildings on fire. Others flock to protest in hot zones because they like the fight. These are the maladjusted, not paid foot soldiers in some wealthy villain’s war,” Soave wrote.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/global...-investigated/

TReason Magazine.

Interstate crime is a federal matter with or without a national or international conspiracy.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this also may be part of it?

So, according to the police 102 out of 175 people were NOT from Kenosha.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kenosha...cid=uxbndlbing

Kenosha Police Say Outsiders Account for Most Arrests After Jacob Blake Shooting
    Of 175 charged in week of protests, 102 were from outside the city, including 17-year-old accused of killing two protesters

Then, these "outsiders" sue the City of Kenosha.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...cid=uxbndlbing

(Reuters) - Four people arrested for curfew violations while protesting the shooting of a Black man by a white policeman in Kenosha, Wisconsin sued the city and county governments on Tuesday, claiming they were denied free speech rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

The plaintiffs argue that more than 150 people protesting the shooting have been taken into custody while pro-police demonstrators have been allowed to freely take to the streets, according to the lawsuit filed in federal court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.

So, this leaves the citizens of Kenosha to pay for any settlements granted.

Its kinda a brilliant business model for a political organization. Travel around the country from city to city protesting. Get arrested, find an ACLU Pro Bono lawyer and sue the city you happen to be in. If you lose no big loss. But if you win, you can pocket some change and also help fund the organization for more protesting?

Am I off base?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I think this also may be part of it?

So, according to the police 102 out of 175 people were NOT from Kenosha.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kenosha...cid=uxbndlbing

Kenosha Police Say Outsiders Account for Most Arrests After Jacob Blake Shooting
    Of 175 charged in week of protests, 102 were from outside the city, including 17-year-old accused of killing two protesters

Then, these "outsiders" sue the City of Kenosha.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...cid=uxbndlbing

(Reuters) - Four people arrested for curfew violations while protesting the shooting of a Black man by a white policeman in Kenosha, Wisconsin sued the city and county governments on Tuesday, claiming they were denied free speech rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

The plaintiffs argue that more than 150 people protesting the shooting have been taken into custody while pro-police demonstrators have been allowed to freely take to the streets, according to the lawsuit filed in federal court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.

So, this leaves the citizens of Kenosha to pay for any settlements granted.

Its kinda a brilliant business model for a political organization. Travel around the country from city to city protesting. Get arrested, find an ACLU Pro Bono lawyer and sue the city you happen to be in. If you lose no big loss. But if you win, you can pocket some change and also help fund the organization for more protesting?

Am I off base?
    Nope, you are directly over the target. This has been happening all over the country, people are being transported in, paid for hotels, transportation and accommodations to professionally protest. Leaked chat logs have already shown antifa being concerned that someone would catch onto this, and through this paranoia that they have, it verified for us what we already suspected.

As for Reason magazine, it's some kind of counterpart to the Libertarian party, designed to misdirect good intentioned libertarians away from other good voices and put them in a more mild version of libertarianism where their effectiveness is almost nil. Sound familiar? It makes sense that they would not be interested in investigating this because the roots of the big L party and their larvae show connections with deep state players. Whether or not it was comped from the beginning, I don't know.

I prefer the Mises Institute over Reason/Cato and any other Koch Brothers financed brand of libertarianism.

*AHEM* "Nothing to see here. No need to investigate the money that is backing the chaos that is happening all over the country."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

$#@!, for doctor or lawyer money I may know someone that wants to go raise hell for a living. Anyone have this Soros dude’s number?

Seriously though, it would be pretty easy to put a mob together with enough cash.

Is Fox New investigating Antifa funding? Magazines have to make judgement calls of want to investigate and write about and hope the run the stories that sell the most magazine. This sound like a report more suited to Epoch Times readers.
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 09-04-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Is Fox New investigating Antifa funding? Magazines have to make judgement calls of want to investigate and write about and hope the run the stories that sell the most magazine. This sound like a report more suited to Epoch Times readers.
    The DoJ is investigating AntiFa funding and TReason doesn't like it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't understand why they would need to investigate who funds antifa. These look like fine people with good, productive jobs who could fund themselves.

Gee, I wonder what would happen if Antifa's financers were publicly revealed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Has nothing to do with Koch. This writer Robby Soave sure is a piece of work though.

He says theres absolutely nothing behind the curtains, its all a myth, forget it. Seems like a desperate plea to turn off libertarians from wanting any form of justice done to these serial commie federal criminals.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    $#@!, for doctor or lawyer money I may know someone that wants to go raise hell for a living. Anyone have this Soros dude’s number?

Seriously though, it would be pretty easy to put a mob together with enough cash.
    $#@! all you need is a bunch of MCD Happy Meals for all the change grabbers on the street corners.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!