Thread: Joe Biden Denies Calling for National Mask Mandate: ‘I’m a Constitutionalist’

Exclamation Joe Biden Denies Calling for National Mask Mandate: ‘I’m a Constitutionalist’

Joe Biden Denies Calling for National Mask Mandate: ‘I’m a Constitutionalist’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...titutionalist/

Kyle Olson 2 Sep 2020

Joe Biden backed off his proposed national mask mandate on Wednesday and now says he would “put pressure” on states, local units of government, and businesses to require them.

“No, no,” he said, denying he ever proposed such a thing, before claiming he would “ask every person in authority” to impose one.

“I’m a constitutionalist,” Biden declared. “You can’t do things the Constitution does allow you the power to do.”

https://twitter.com/george_revere/st...23395112222720

Instead, he said he would “put as much pressure as I could” on others to impose his demands.

“What you’re doing is irresponsible,” he said he would tell them. “Make sure you wear a mask and maintain social distancing.”

Biden cloaked the de facto mandate in terms of it being an act of patriotism, though, he said, Americans could remove a mask “if they’re 12 to 15 feet away” from others.

During his nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention two weeks ago, Biden was unequivocal: There would be a federal mask mandate.

“We’ll have a national mandate to wear a mask,” he said.

Biden was similarly unambiguous the week prior.

“Let’s institute a mask mandate nationwide,” he said.

“Every single American should be wearing a mask when they are outside for the next three months at a minimum,” Biden said.

He did not specify any age group that may be exempt.

“Every governor should mandate mandatory mask wearing,” he continued, claiming that such a policy would save 40,000 lives.

Biden said such a rule has nothing to do with rights “but your responsibility as an American.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somebody should show Joe the video of him literally calling for a mask mandate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Somebody should show Joe the video of him literally calling for a mask mandate.
    I don't think he would remember.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

It's ok Joe, we found a nice home for you. A place for Joe. There you can forget as much as you want.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Bull
    F
    U
    C
    K
    I
    N
    G

Sh it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Joe Biden backed off his proposed national mask mandate on Wednesday and now says he would “put pressure” on states, local units of government, and businesses to require them.

“No, no,” he said, denying he ever proposed such a thing, before claiming he would “ask every person in authority” to impose one.

“I’m a constitutionalist,” Biden declared. “You can’t do things the Constitution does allow you the power to do.”

https://twitter.com/george_revere/st...23395112222720

Instead, he said he would “put as much pressure as I could” on others to impose his demands.

“What you’re doing is irresponsible,” he said he would tell them. “Make sure you wear a mask and maintain social distancing.”

Biden cloaked the de facto mandate in terms of it being an act of patriotism, though, he said, Americans could remove a mask “if they’re 12 to 15 feet away” from others.

During his nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention two weeks ago, Biden was unequivocal: There would be a federal mask mandate.

“We’ll have a national mandate to wear a mask,” he said.

Biden was similarly unambiguous the week prior.

“Let’s institute a mask mandate nationwide,” he said.

“Every single American should be wearing a mask when they are outside for the next three months at a minimum,” Biden said.

He did not specify any age group that may be exempt.

“Every governor should mandate mandatory mask wearing,” he continued, claiming that such a policy would save 40,000 lives.

Biden said such a rule has nothing to do with rights “but your responsibility as an American.”
    I'd go through and point out how Biden's own words (with respect to mask mandates and other things) contradict his claim that he's a "Constitutionalist," but why bother? He's obviously a lying, pandering hypocrite who doesn't give a $#@! about what is or isn't constitutional, and all his verbiage on the subject is just a cloud of warm fart-gas ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Bull
    F
    U
    C
    K
    I
    N
    G

Sh it
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Joe is as crooked and deceitful as they come.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."