Thread: BREAKING: DC cops shoot 18 year old black man, BLM "On the way"

Exclamation BREAKING: DC cops shoot 18 year old black man, BLM "On the way"

Let's see how this plays out.

BLM gathers in Washington DC after cops shot and killed an '18-year-old black man': Protesters confront officers outside a police precinct just days after violent protests

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-say-way.html

By Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com

Published: 19:50 EDT, 2 September 2020 | Updated: 21:29 EDT, 2 September 2020

The incident happened at around 4pm and comes amid nationwide unrest over police violence
    Black Lives Matter D.C. tweeted: 'Don't let MPD control the narrative! Police lie! We're on our way'
    Police Chief Peter Newsham said: 'We believe the subject had a gun at the time'

A man was shot dead by police in Washington DC Wednesday afternoon.

The incident happened at around 4pm and comes amid nationwide unrest over police violence. Councilmember Trayon White said the victim was a 'young' African American man, ABC7 reports.

Black Lives Matter D.C. tweeted: 'Don't let MPD control the narrative! Police lie! We're on our way.' Footage shows protesters confronting officers outside a police precinct.

Police Chief Peter Newsham said: 'Uniformed police officers had information that there were guys in the neighborhood with guns, specifically. That's what they were looking for and evidently that's what they found.

'We believe the subject had a gun at the time.'

The victim has not been identified.

Newsham said the suspects had fled on foot when approached by police; one man was shot and pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say two guns were retrieved from the scene.

White added: 'We’ve seen this narrative too many times in America, and now it’s hitting home. I talked to his mom about 15 minutes ago and we want to figure out what’s on the body camera footage, to figure out if he was running away why was he shot?

'[Police] said two weapons were recovered, but when the question was asked, ‘was he armed?’ there was no straight answer, so we want to get the facts of what happened to this young man.'

Police had earlier tweeted: 'Preliminary information in reference to an MPD Officer Involved Shooting in the 200 blk of Orange St SE. An adult male was taken to a local hospital. A firearm has been recovered on the scene. Chief Newsham will provide an update momentarily.'
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Looting and arson is always the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

At least the chances of it being directed at deserving targets instead of innocents are much higher in DC.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I guess they will have to extend it to the 65 day siege on DC.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I guess they will have to extend it to the 65 day siege on DC.
    With police protection of course. That‘S the real irony of all this goofiness; the cops keeping them alive.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep

[sic]

Deeply-held assessments occur when visceral initial reactions are melded to generalized injustices. For many, the case of Kavanaugh reflected the sexual abuse that women have long endured and the other cases reflected the police abuses that the black community has long endured. These widely-held stereotypes of men and police make nuanced assessments impossible so that additional evidence will not change the broad generalizations like those espoused by LeBron James. Any evidence short of complete vindication is ignored, less the victims will be blamed. Thus, the limited punishment that police officers may receive for their excessive responses to legitimate dangers will be unacceptable to those who are consumed by their initial visceral responses.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

domestic terrorists
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Seems to be gaining more traction than voting, strongly worded letters, and bitching on the internet. I don't agree with it, but can't deny the effectiveness.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Obviously this is the fault of DC Mayor Bowser. The peaceful protesters probably should go to her house to protest.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Obviously this is the fault of DC Mayor Bowser. The peaceful protesters probably should go to her house to protest.
    Hopefully this is a sarcastic comment like mine was.

I don't think that should ever be encouraged. Even the worse politicians deserve a home and family life. Would you like to be harassed at your home?

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

I don't think that should ever be encouraged. Even the worse politicians deserve a home and family life. Would you like to be harassed at your home?
    I don't agree with going to their house either. Do you think they will mind sending someone to my house to inject something into my body?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Seems to be gaining more traction than voting, strongly worded letters, and bitching on the internet. I don't agree with it, but can't deny the effectiveness.
    It might be effective at getting people to vote, too. I can't tell you how many people who I've never known to be political in their lives who intend to go vote, not to choose the next president, necessarily, but to stick it to the liberals for their antics.

I think average people are genuinely worried about what message it sends when you can act like a spoiled toddler in a grocery store candy aisle *and* get what you want on election day.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-03-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I don't endorse or condone it - but if it's going to happen anyway, some politicians deserve to be the target of it more than anyone else does.

Unlike those politicians, I am not responsible for the policies being forcibly imposed upon others. Nor am I responsible for giving the BLM/Antifa gangs a free hand to run amok (ala the mayor of Portland) while using publicly-funded law enforcement to protect myself, my family and my property (ala the mayor of Chicago) while effectively leaving everyone else to fend for themselves.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    I don't agree with going to their house either. Do you think they will mind sending someone to my house to inject something into my body?
    They can try... Won't end well if they do.

I follow the golden rule. I like my privacy and wouldn't want a mob outside my home so I don't condone doing that to others.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

I guess aunties story about shot in the back with hands up will not flush. Body cam shows him with a gun. 1Round to the chest.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

What I got from the news briefing, is that the cops were watching live on social media and knew their names and they had guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    They can try... Won't end well if they do.

I follow the golden rule. I like my privacy and wouldn't want a mob outside my home so I don't condone doing that to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    It might be effective at getting people to vote, too. I can't tell you how many people who I've never known to be political in their lives who intend to go vote, not to choose the next president, necessarily, but to stick it to the liberals for their antics.

I think average people are genuinely worried about what message it sends when you can act like a spoiled toddler in a grocery store candy aisle *and* get what you want on election day.
    I've given this a lot of thought...and I've come to the conclusion that the time for niceties has long passed.

We are in a fight for our lives, literally, and "our" way of SWLODs, of reasoning, of logic backed up by facts, cuts zero ice in today's AmeriKa.

Havoc in the streets gets things done...it brings in billions in corporate donations, it makes politicians and their force multipliers quite literally wash your feet and kiss your ass in the public square, it makes your preferred legislation sail through the bureaucracy slicker than whale $#@! through an ice floe.

So fine, lets do this...you put one of ours in the hospital, we'll put one of yours in the morgue.

Freedom is not popular and the body politic does not want it.

Our only choice left to secure it, for us if nobody else, is to fight twice as hard, and make the rank and file fear us more than the Marxist left.

And that includes making life untenable in the homes of our oppressors.

It's not like it hasn't been done before here.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've given this a lot of thought...and I've come to the conclusion that the time for niceties has long passed.

We are in a fight for our lives, literally, and "our" way of SWLODs, of reasoning, of logic backed up by facts, cuts zero ice in today's AmeriKa.

Havoc in the streets gets things done...it brings in billions in corporate donations, it makes politicians and their force multipliers quite literally wash your feet and kiss your ass in the public square, it makes your preferred legislation sail through the bureaucracy slicker than whale $#@! through an ice floe.

So fine, lets do this...you put one of ours in the hospital, we'll put one of yours in the morgue.

Freedom is not popular and the body politic does not want it.

Our only choice left to secure it, for us if nobody else, is to fight twice as hard, and make the rank and file fear us more than the Marxist left.

And that includes making life untenable in the homes of our oppressors.

It's not like it hasn't been done before here.
    Not quite yet. Close, but not quite. Use the time between now and then to acquire and facilitate what you need to make your operation successful.

The Tree of Liberty is old and riddled with insects.