Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Declares Kyle Rittenhouse’s Actions ‘Mass Murder,’ Won’t Allow Posts in Support

Exclamation Facebook Declares Kyle Rittenhouse’s Actions ‘Mass Murder,’ Won’t Allow Posts in Support

Facebook Declares Kyle Rittenhouse’s Actions ‘Mass Murder,’ Won’t Allow Posts in Support

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/...ts-in-support/

Allum Bokhari 2 Sep 2020

Facebook is officially designating the actions of Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old who allegedly killed two people and wounded another in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after being mobbed and attacked by rioters, a “mass murder,” despite the fact that this has not been proven in court. Facebook confirmed that it would remove any posts that support Rittenhouse.

Conservative author and YouTube personality Mark Dice reported that his Facebook page had received a threat of suspension after he posted a video of Rittenhouse offering to give medical assistance to wounded protesters in Kenosha shortly before the shooting.

“Facebook just removed a video I posted showing Kyle Rittenhouse offering help to a wounded protester in Kenosha,” said Dice, who also posted the video on Twitter.

Facebook, he said, is now “threatening to delete my entire account.”

In a comment to Breitbart News, a Facebook spokesman confirmed that the company is removing posts “in support” of Rittenhouse, because the incident is considered a “mass murder” by the company.

“We’ve designated the shooting in Kenosha a mass murder and are removing posts in support of the shooter, including this one,” said the spokesman.

Facebook just removed a video I posted showing Kyle Rittenhouse offering help to a wounded protester in Kenosha and are threatening to delete my entire account. This was the video: pic.twitter.com/kXoUvQdTDS

— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) September 2, 2020

Dice’s post on Facebook did not praise Rittenhouse, but merely described the video.

“Newly uncovered video of Kyle Rittenhouse shows him helping an injured protester after she was struck in the foot with a projectile,” said Dice’s post. “In another video he told the cameraman that he brought a medical kit, which is the bag he was carrying. Further proving he had no malicious intent by showing up. In fact, he was there to help anyone who needed it.”

In a comment to Breitbart News, Dice said he was being deliberately careful about what he posted, because he guessed that Facebook had added Rittenhouse to its infamous “dangerous individuals” list.

“[The posts] were all very matter of fact about what happened. No praise, nor celebration, nothing like that because I figured that they added Kyle to the “dangerous individual” [list],” said Dice. “I was very careful about what I posted.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RPF is my Facebook.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    RPF is my Facebook.
    Me too.

- ML

Whoops...double post.

- ML
    Last edited by Michael Landon; 09-02-2020 at 08:14 PM.

That is their right as a privately owned company and I will always support that. But I have to ask, if the BLM looters and arsonists had succeeded in grabbing the rifle and/or killed Rittenhouse, would facebook ban posts supporting them? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That is their right as a privately owned company and I will always support that. But I have to ask, if the BLM looters and arsonists had succeeded in grabbing the rifle and/or killed Rittenhouse, would facebook ban posts supporting them? I think not.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status...19799515959296
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It is not their right as long as they claim the privileges associated with being a platform and not publisher.

And they allow campaigns for CONVICTED murderers:

Facebook has banned users from sharing a crowdfunding link to assist with the legal fees for 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who was charged with homicide last week following fatal shootings that occurred during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

But the site allows posts asking for fundraising for several other individuals who have been charged with crimes — including murder — leaving questions about what Facebook uses to determine its community standards and why Rittenhouse — who is entitled to the presumption of innocence and a legal defense team just like every other American — is apparently being singled out.

A fundraiser for Rittenhouse launched at Christian crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo has raised nearly $334,000 as of this writing, but Facebook has banned the link from being shared. If any user attempts to share a link to the fundraiser, an error pops up telling the user that the link violates Facebook's community standards, but does not offer an explanation. However, other GiveSendGo fundraisers can be posted to the social media platform.

TheBlaze reached out to Facebook asking for comment, but did not receive a response in time for publication.
    Facebook allows links for other fundraisers

Meanwhile, Facebook still allows links to fundraisers for others who have been accused of crimes, including:

Marc Wilson, 21, who was charged with felony murder after killing a 17-year-old girl. Wilson also remains behind bars, and the GoFundMe for him claims he was acting in self-defense after being accosted by "a truckload of angry white men."
    A GoFundMe started by far-left filmmaker Michael Moore, to support individuals prosecuted for taking part in tearing down monuments.
    The GoFundMe for Kenneth Walker, the boyfriend of deceased Breonna Taylor, who was initially charged with attempted murder of a police officer but the charges were later dropped. Walker also claims he was acting in self-defense, and his legal team is asking a "court to ensure they won't be filed again," according to CBS News.
    The Minnesota Freedom Fund, promoted on Twitter by Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris (Calif.), bails out people who were arrested during rioting. According to KMSP-TV, this fund "has bailed out defendants from Twin Cities jails charged with murder, violent felonies, and sex crimes."
    A PDX Protest Bail Fund that has raised more than $1.3 million for rioters in Portland, Oregon, who admit on their GoFundMe that "as the number of reported arrests rise ... the severity of the charges have increased."
    The legal defense fund for "Tsunami," described as "an Afrolatinx transgender woman" accused of killing a man who the defendant says allegedly raped her. According to the text of the GoFundMe campaign, Tsunami was convicted by a jury, but is also claiming she acted in self-defense.

More at: https://www.theblaze.com/news/facebo...nds-for-others

So they can't claim to be neutral in any way shape or form.

It's time for them to reap the legal consequences of their actions.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Rittenhouse is going to end up a millionaire just like Sandmann.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

An attorney for teen Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse plans to sue Twitter and take CEO Jack Dorsey's 'a** down' after his account was briefly suspended for 'glorifying violence'.

Lin Wood is one of several lawyers representing the 17-year-old after he was charged with shooting dead two protesters and injuring a third in Kenosha, Wisconsin last week.

Wood said he was locked out of his Twitter account for nine hours on Tuesday night after he started tweeting about raising funds for Rittenhouse's legal defense.

More at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-blocked.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is not their right as long as they claim the privileges associated with being a platform and not publisher.
    I do not agree with that. I take the pure liberterian viewpoint on this. If you don't like what a company like Facebook or Twitter does, don't use their services.

It's not mass murder when you are defending yourself against Marxists that are trying to kill you. If this story was the other way around, I'd bet things would be a lot different.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

They aren't the arbitrators of law lol.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I do not agree with that. I take the pure liberterian viewpoint on this. If you don't like what a company like Facebook or Twitter does, don't use their services.
    Nothing wrong with complaining about their services

Except those services are so widely used they've basically become telecommunications and these companies are curating their own version of reality to brainwash entire swaths of people. Even the gov. uses stuff like twitter as a formal means of communication with the people. They're doing nothing short of treason, or sedition, or whatever. I'm bad with legal mumbo jumbo.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Except those services are so widely used they've basically become telecommunications and these companies are curating their own version of reality to brainwash entire swaths of people. Even the gov. uses stuff like twitter as a formal means of communication with the people. They're doing nothing short of treason, or sedition, or whatever. I'm bad with legal mumbo jumbo.
    This too, govt uses twitter and facebook to communicate to the citizens. They are being enabled and promoted by our govt

Calling Rittenhouse a "mass murderer" is not legally defamatory.

It is an opinion. It's not an opinion I agree with, but nevertheless it is still just an opinion (and hence not defamatory).

Rittenhouse is going to end up a millionaire just like Sandmann.
    I doubt Sandmann ended up a millionaire from the settlement in any one of his defamation suits. CNN's insurors would certainly not have settled for significantly more than Sandmann could reasonably have won at trial. According to attorney/commentator Richard Barnes, in the Kentucky jurisdiction in which the suit was filed, that limit has historically been six figures at the high end. The Oberlin College case, on the other hand, is an exceptional rarity.

Perhaps he ended up with (or will end up with) more than a million in aggregate (several hundred thousand from CNN, several hundred thousand from the Washington Post, etc.).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    Nothing wrong with complaining about their services
    Complain away about Facebook. I just think that since it's a private company it's wrong to call for the government to intervene when you don't like what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    This too, govt uses twitter and facebook to communicate to the citizens. They are being enabled and promoted by our govt
    So do you want the government to punish or even nationalize a private corporation because they were successful and then did something you didn't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Calling Rittenhouse a "mass murderer" is not legally defamatory.

It is an opinion. It's not an opinion I agree with, but nevertheless it is still just an opinion (and hence not defamatory).
    Does it not progress to something else when they take actions beyond merely expressing their opinion? (They are certainly exercising censorship.)

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Does it not progress to something else when they take actions beyond merely expressing their opinion? (They are certainly exercising censorship.)
    I don't know. It depends on what the law is concerning whatever the "something else" you are referring to might be.

Based on what I have seen and understand to date about what happened (and subject to change pending any new information):
    (1) if I were on Rittenhouse's jury, I would vote to acquit on any homicide charge, and
    (2) if I were the judge in any defamation suit against Facebook for characterizing Rittenhouse as a "mass murderer," I would dismiss the suit - possibly "with prejudice."

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Facebook has a right to censor anyone they want to for any reason.

Censorship is only wrong when perpetrated by a government.

I normally would agree, but there are those fuzzy regulation laws that dictate platform and publisher kinda get in the way. Social media wants it both ways.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Fukk Fakebook.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I agree.

But it is becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish whether private entities like Facebook are engaging in censorship "on their own recognizance" (so to speak) or at the behest of (or in cahoots with) government. The more that social media companies work in concert or "partnership" with government authorities (to delimit and delegitimize so-called "fake news," for example), the more they are effectively operating as de facto government entities.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    There is no coordinated effort

This is politics as usual

No widescale single minded campaign.

Just "private" corporations being "private" corporations doing the bidding of "private" bankers and "private" hedgefund managers and "private" government pension fund managers for a "private" banking conglomerate called the "federal" Reserve.

How does that work when the company has the power and reach to influence jurors, jurors that are holding your freedom in their hands.

Not to mention the court if public opinion.

These companies are propagandizing entire populations and becoming de facto courts, especially when they use their power to effect ones financial situation.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    How does that work when the company has the power and reach to influence jurors, jurors that are holding your freedom in their hands.

Not to mention the court if public opinion.

These companies are propagandizing entire populations and becoming de facto courts, especially when they use their power to effect ones financial situation.
    Viral spam techniques enhanced doom for MAGA detractors and GOPAdelson allies alike, deficit is all time high

Libertarian Victory. Evil Government LifeLog Project ends exact same day as private corporation Facebook starts.

The Ministry of Truth is okay as long as it's a "private company"...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Ministry of Truth is okay as long as it's a "private company"...
    And that line of idiotic thought is one main reason why we are losing to Marxists, for $#@!'s sake.

Big Business can tyrannize you just as fast and just as totally as Big Government can.

+rep for pointing this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast