Thread: Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

Navy SEAL and Army Special Forces Operator discuss Fighting Rifle Setup

For anyone who may be alittle late to the party and hasn't been preparing for some time now. This vid has a lot of good and interesting info. Even those of us who have been thinking of this stuff and doing what we could to prepare for some time can learn a lot from this puppy.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Late to the party bump.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    For anyone who may be alittle late to the party and hasn't been preparing for some time now. This vid has a lot of good and interesting info. Even those of us who have been thinking of this stuff and doing what we could to prepare for some time can learn a lot from this puppy.

Thanks CC. There's some good info in this vid. I may look into experimenting on a change up because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Thanks CC. There's some good info in this vid. I may look into experimenting on a change up because of it.

I ran across that guy's channel by accident. He has a lot of cool videos with a lot of interesting info. Glad you got something out of it. Out of curiosity, what "change up" are you considering?
    Chris

I ran across that guy's channel by accident. He has a lot of cool videos with a lot of interesting info. Glad you got something out of it. Out of curiosity, what "change up" are you considering?
    Offsetting the red dot at a 45 degree and using a long range scope on top. My current set-up is a Sig Sauer Romeo with a Sig 4x Juliet. The Juliet can be flipped to the side for CQC. It's not a bad set up mind you, and pretty good out to 100 and some yards. I might try to add some more distance to my optics game.

Offsetting the red dot at a 45 degree and using a long range scope on top. My current set-up is a Sig Sauer Romeo with a Sig 4x Juliet. The Juliet can be flipped to the side for CQC. It's not a bad set up mind you, and pretty good out to 100 and some yards. I might try to add some more distance to my optics game.

Lol! I had similar thoughts. I've had a long range scope mounted on my M & P 10 for some time now but it makes it much less than ideal for CQC. Mounting an offset red dot would solve that challenge nicely. Until recently I'd never even heard of the idea. GMTA?
    Chris

Lol! I had similar thoughts. I've had a long range scope mounted on my M & P 10 for some time now but it makes it much less than ideal for CQC. Mounting an offset red dot would solve that challenge nicely. Until recently I'd never even heard of the idea. GMTA?
    Gunning is constantly evolving. Used to be barrel grip was back towards the magazine. Now it is recommended to extend out to barrel length.

Gunning is constantly evolving. Used to be barrel grip was back towards the magazine. Now it is recommended to extend out to barrel length.

That's a fact. I used to be a lot more tuned in but real life has kept me busy with a great many much less fun things over the last dozen years or so. I'm catching up quick tho!
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a fact. I used to be a lot more tuned in but real life has kept me busy with a great many much less fun things over the last dozen years or so. I'm catching up quick tho!
    It's one of the those things I find I can totally concentrate on and forget about everything else. Therapeutic. Wish I could spend more time doing it.