Thread: Colin Noir (former NRA TV host) speaks on Kyle Rittenhouse

Colin Noir (former NRA TV host) speaks on Kyle Rittenhouse

Very good non-emotional breakdown.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good breakdown.

I know a lot of people here probably wouldn't agree with me on this, but honestly I think if there is going to be a resurgence of militias in the USA to the extent they were pre-civil war, then it would have to be done within the context of local governance. Private militias are all fine and good, but the vast majority have nothing near the level of organization and accountability that state militias had in their heyday. I look at these militias that are cropping up and to me it just seems like people treat it like a cool kids club, and that's a mockery of what the militia could be (and once was).
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Calm and rational...

Which means, of course, that it'll be ignored by the emotion driven media.

A complete and reasonable understanding of the situation. I doubt any new evidence will come forth saying Kyle was the aggressor.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

And that's what they'll hang him on, the minor with a weapon charge.

But here's the kicker...they are trying him as an adult, so how can you be charged with that if the legal system is considering you to be an adult in the case?

Also, he makes the same point about mob dynamics that I was making in the Rand Paul thread.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

But here's the kicker...they are trying him as an adult, so how can you be charged with that if the legal system is considering you to be an adult in the case?

Also, he makes the same point about mob dynamics that I was making in the Rand Paul thread.
    That is what I have been wondering.

Yep. I noticed that in the charging document even before I saw this video. Interesting point you're making about charging him as an adult. I didn't think of that. You'd make a good lawyer!

As for the crowd dynamics there are three things to consider. 1) What the crowd has done. 2) What the crowd intends to do and 3) What the crowd might do. Possibility #1 is self explanatory. Possibilities 2 and 3 get conflated. It's important to be as accurate as possible on #1 to have the best understanding of #s 2 and 3.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yep. I noticed that in the charging document even before I saw this video. Interesting point you're making about charging him as an adult. I didn't think of that. You'd make a good lawyer!
    I've heard that before, not in a good way.

As for the crowd dynamics there are three things to consider. 1) What the crowd has done. 2) What the crowd intends to do and 3) What the crowd might do. Possibility #1 is self explanatory. Possibilities 2 and 3 get conflated. It's important to be as accurate as possible on #1 to have the best understanding of #s 2 and 3.
    In Rand's case, I think there was every reason for him to be scared or "terrified" I think he said, as to what the mob around him was doing and going to do.

They were being verbally abusive, making explicit threats of physical violence (we're gonna $#@! you up) and making violent physical contact.

That's enough for me and it would be enough to justify, if maybe not the use of, but certainly the display of deadly force. (Back away, or I'll shoot you)
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Good breakdown.

I know a lot of people here probably wouldn't agree with me on this, but honestly I think if there is going to be a resurgence of militias in the USA to the extent they were pre-civil war, then it would have to be done within the context of local governance. Private militias are all fine and good, but the vast majority have nothing near the level of organization and accountability that state militias had in their heyday. I look at these militias that are cropping up and to me it just seems like people treat it like a cool kids club, and that's a mockery of what the militia could be (and once was).
    Are you saying that the militias should be "well regulated"? That's just crazy talk!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Good analysis. It would be interesting to find out how Kyle ended up solo and running like that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I've heard that before, not in a good way.

In Rand's case, I think there was every reason for him to be scared or "terrified" I think he said, as to what the mob around him was doing and going to do.

They were being verbally abusive, making explicit threats of physical violence (we're gonna $#@! you up) and making violent physical contact.

That's enough for me and it would be enough to justify, if maybe not the use of, but certainly the display of deadly force. (Back away, or I'll shoot you)
    When I was 20 years old and working at a bar in Paducah, KY I was jumped by four guys, one of which had a box cutter he seemed positive he could sharpen on me. Ever since then someone telling me what they are going to do means the micro second their shoulders square up to me is justification for me to pistol whip them, deck them, stab them.....whatever it takes. Because that experience put it in my head that anyone wanting to fight is willing to take my life, so that's how I fight back.

The only person whose ever walked this earth that ever made "violent physical contact" with me and didn't wind up in a fight that caused us both to have a bad day was my father.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

It was a long gun. Are kids not allowed to legally carry a long gun in Wisconsin? How do they hunt?