Thread: Farm folks feel good video

Farm folks feel good video

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah this is fake. Seems like every couple of years a variation of this story reappears. No town was named, the auction had no reserve, a family making it on an 80 acre farm. This is laughable. What do I know? I've lived in Nebraska most of my life, I've worked on farms, my dad owned a livestock commission firm. Hallmark movies have more believable plots than this $h!t.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Yeah this is fake. Seems like every couple of years a variation of this story reappears. No town was named, the auction had no reserve, a family making it on an 80 acre farm. This is laughable. What do I know? I've lived in Nebraska most of my life, I've worked on farms, my dad owned a livestock commission firm. Hallmark movies have more believable plots than this $h!t.
    Story made me feel good.

Like I said.

Even if true, it may not be the whole story. I live in a rural area and attend auctions all the time. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a successful auction of farmland. More often than not the property is up for auction due to a death or placing an elderly farmer and/or his wife in old folks prison to die. The kids or grandkids think the property is worth more than it actually is and set a reserve that is way too high. None of them plan on coming back to the middle of BF-nowhere to run the farm. After it fails to move in an auction it will end up in a real estate listing - sometimes for years.

IME

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Seems like a fictional story with random images. Nevertheless, it is what it says it is - a feel good video.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penny auctions.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	7760
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.