Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Bannon indicted for defrauding 'We Build the Wall' donors

Steve Bannon indicted for defrauding 'We Build the Wall' donors

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For some time now, I've been thinking about a scorecard on how many Republicans, conservatives, and libertarians are arrested and charged vs. the same happening to Democrats, leftists, and Marxists.

If anyone watched the Mark Levin interview with Bill Barr, the reason may become obvious. Barr, who supposedly may speak for more on the "right" in the judicial system than himself, said that he will not indict and prosecute unless he has overwhelming proof and evidence, beyond any doubt. He probably requires a confession and admission of guilt beforehand too.

Whereas the left wing prosecutors will indict and arrest anyone at any time, based upon a whim. The left in the judicial system live by the infamous phrase "I could indict a ham sandwich".

This is not a balanced system.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The irony:

Will Steve Bannon’s Testimony Bring Down Jared?

The president’s “sloppy” former strategist is scheduled to testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday.

Abigail Tracy
    January 16, 2018
    Less than two weeks after Steve Bannon’s stunning excommunication from Trumpworld, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are scheduled to question the former chief strategist about the Trump campaign’s Russian ties. Bannon’s testimony has been highly anticipated following a series of scathing comments he made to author Michael Wolff, which precipitated his fall from favor. And although he was a late addition to Team Trump, the president’s former policy whisperer may still possess enough damning information to worry the White House and to intrigue special counsel Robert Mueller, who has reportedly subpoenaed Bannon to testify before a grand jury.
    Don Jr.’s “treasonous” Trump Tower meeting
    Bannon will appear before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, where he is all but assured to face scrutiny over his characterization of the infamous June 2016 Trump Tower meeting that Donald Trump Jr. orchestrated with a Russian lawyer, and which Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort attended as well. “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor—with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers,” Bannon is quoted as saying in Fire and Fury. “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad $#@!, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the F.B.I. immediately.” Bannon reportedly speculated that the chance the eldest Trump son did not involve his father in the meeting “is zero.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...stimony-russia

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    For some time now, I've been thinking about a scorecard on how many Republicans, conservatives, and libertarians are arrested and charged vs. the same happening to Democrats, leftists, and Marxists.

At least system is consistent and 'swamp' on the Right is being cleansed aggressively; putting on ss hat, any corruption on the Left would get it's turn during second term (although groups like BLM, LGBTQ orgs, civil rights groups like NAACP probably run much tighter ship than such Right wing linked groups taking the heat in the final weeks before 2020 elections). NRA 'swamp' was also being cleaned, no word on any 'GOA corruption' yet whose representative incidentally had made very disrespectful statement about POTUS recently.

'Anti-globalist' Bannon had also not only opposed Syria bombing apparently but also displayed disrespectful conduct during so called White House 'civil war' recently:

'Civil War': Conservative Steve Bannon's attacks on First Son-in-law Jared Kushner crossed the line

Bannon's Alt-Right /White Nationalist ties and crazy 'Locals will pay for the wall' ideas were also not in line with a more moderate, inclusive, pro-diversity messaging and policies of MAGA 2.0 phase.

Steve Bannon: Five Things to Know - ADL

Bannon, the former chief strategist in the Trump administration, has expressed his enthusiasm for the alt right.

Likely Un-Related

Trump appointed FBI Director Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    07/23/19

Related

Trump Threatens Bannon With Ultimatum Over Kushner Rift: "Straighten It Out Or I Will"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

If anyone watched the Mark Levin interview with Bill Barr, the reason may become obvious. Barr, who supposedly may speak for more on the "right" in the judicial system than himself, said that he will not indict and prosecute unless he has overwhelming proof and evidence, beyond any doubt. He probably requires a confession and admission of guilt beforehand too.

Whereas the left wing prosecutors will indict and arrest anyone at any time, based upon a whim. The left in the judicial system live by the infamous phrase "I could indict a ham sandwich".

I have progressive friends who use that to show how honest the politicians in the Democratic Party are.

Well, I’m a bit disappointed... but not terribly surprised.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

So.... he got arrested.. for paying himself.. for working?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm pretty sure he won't be in jail for the rest of his life.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Under the bus you go, just like all the rest:

Speaking with reporters during a visit with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, Trump said he wasn't aware of Bannon's dealings and that he hadn't been in contact with him for a long time. Bannon was ousted from the White House in 2017.

"It's a very sad thing by Mr. Bannon... I didn't like that project. I thought it was a project being done for showboating reasons," Trump said "I didn't want a wall that was going to be an inferior wall."

"It was something I very much felt was inappropriate to be doing," Trump said

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Trump has long felt that a wall on the southern border should be a government project. She pointed to a tweet last month where the president wrote, "It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps [sic] it now doesn’t even work."

"President Trump has always felt the Wall must be a government project and that it is far too big and complex to be handled privately," McEnany said in a statement Thursday. "President Trump has not been involved with Steve Bannon since the campaign and the early part of the Administration, and he does not know the people involved with this project."
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So.... he got arrested.. for paying himself.. for working?
    I watched some Faux News coverage mid morning and you would think he was convicted already with no presumption of innocence. That is suspect right there that leads me to believe the charges are likely bs. Anyone that tells it like it is about the elite establishment faces a harsh take down.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I watched some Faux News coverage mid morning and you would think he was convicted already with no presumption of innocence. That is suspect right there that leads me to believe the charges are likely bs. Anyone that tells it like it is about the elite establishment faces a harsh take down.
    The charges on Bannon are BS but the story is being centered around him for his connection to Trump. The funds were going through his charity though he never said he wouldn't take any money, the other guy did, and he was naive to do so and I believe this other guy is on the hook more than anything.

More political prosecutions from SDNY

Bannon is wealthy enough, he doesn't need to defraud a wall fund for a few hundred thousand.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Donald’s and the SCL Group’s spin doctor Steve Bannon has been arrested for taking $1 million from a crowd-funded border wall campaign, and spending hundreds of thousands on “expenses”.

See Donald Trump Jr. praising the “We Build The Wall” scam in July 2019 with its leader Brian Kolfage (an Iraq war veteran, who lost both legs and his right arm).

Prosecutors charged Bannon, Kolfage and 2 others with defrauding hundreds of thousands of people out of $25 million in donations for the wall.
    Bannon pleaded not guilty and was released on a $5 million bail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...all-event.html
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

The Butler Said It: Epstein’s Paris Apartment Employee Claims Steve Bannon Visited in 2018
    MATT NAHAM
    Sep 27th, 2019
    https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...sited-in-2018/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I believe Bannon is probably guilty. But SDNY prosecutors are well known for politically motivated prosecutions and this is one. Timed right before the election. What Bannon is guilty of I am sure democratic insiders do as well. This is getting old.

Am surprised he wasn’t swatted like Stone.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

See Donald Trump Jr. praising the “We Build The Wall” scam in July 2019 with its leader Brian Kolfage (an Iraq war veteran, who lost both legs and his right arm).

Prosecutors charged Bannon, Kolfage and 2 others with defrauding hundreds of thousands of people out of $25 million in donations for the wall.
    Bannon pleaded not guilty and was released on a $5 million bail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...all-event.html

This could hurt Don Jr's political prospects and end up boosting Ivanka 2024/2028.

Ivanka also reportedly had cinvinced her dad to carry out the very Syria bombing that Bannon had opposed just before he was demoted by White House.

Trump bombs Syria, demotes Steve Bannon
    April 7, 2017 LATimes

Steve Bannon opposed Syria bombing just before he was demoted by White House

Donald Trump carried out Syria missile strike ‘after being convinced by daughter Ivanka’

This may have been 3rd or 4th strike against him:

22 hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Butler Said It: Epstein’s Paris Apartment Employee Claims Steve Bannon Visited in 2018
    MATT NAHAM
    Sep 27th, 2019
    This seems bit odd, Jeffrey Epstein was allegedly an Israeli spy and then GOP-base rising star Bannon had reportedly opposed US taxpayers funded bombing of a major enemy of Israel (Syria).

Un-Related

21 hours ago

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One thing this does is solidify in the minds of people that "only government can do something" and Trump himself reiterated that. Thanks to scammers like Kolfage, the notion of people privately accomplishing anything themselves, altruistically, is going down the drain. Ever since 9/11, every President has assaulted the notion of private dealings to accomplish anything and always is in favor of huge government spending, which of course means bigger and bigger government, regardless of the party letter.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-21-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

LHU slogan been turned on its head again and gain during MAGA 'winning' streak:

Crowd chants 'lock her up' during Bannon speech

11/08/17
    Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon on Wednesday reportedly lashed out at Hillary Clinton during a speech at a Republican fundraiser in Michigan, prompting chants of “lock her up” from the crowd.
    “I knew we’d come to a ‘unity dinner’ and a Trump rally would break out,” Bannon said, according to multiple reporters on the scene.
    Bannon reportedly criticized Clinton for "her journey into identity politics
    thehill.com/homenews/359533-crowd-chants-lock-her-up-during-bannon-speech

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I believe Bannon is probably guilty. But SDNY prosecutors are well known for politically motivated prosecutions and this is one. Timed right before the election. What Bannon is guilty of I am sure democratic insiders do as well. This is getting old.
    Guilty of what exactly? Bannon never made any commitments to not take money, Kolfage did.

Bannon was also charged 5M bail, thats extremely obscene for alleged. wirefraud/charity fraud.

People really need to take the bigger picture into context, the guy is worth tens of millions, he doesn't need a few hundred K from a charity that he actually believes in.

Its funny how many people (not deliberately you 69360) here are piling on simply because hes connected to Trump. And here I thought RPF'ers were against using the government to go after political targets.

Compared to Bannon's 5M bail, this ANTIFA rioter's bail was 260k for kicking a barely conscious man in the head sitting on the ground and nearly killing him.

Last edited by eleganz; 08-21-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I have progressive friends who use that to show how honest the politicians in the Democratic Party are.
    Honest is not a word that should be used to describe Democrats.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Honest is not a word that should be used to describe Democrats.
    Let's ask Secretary of State [sic] Mikey Pompeo if (R)at-Thugs lie like (D)-Rats

If watching the current US Secretary of State [sic] Mikey "Pompous" Pompeo laugh about lying, cheating and stealing is troubling, the audience reaction is even worse. Because the people in that room that are applauding and cheering like trained seals are the future of the nation.

A NATION OF LIARS, CHEATS AND THIEVES

And no one really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Ivanka also reportedly had cinvinced her dad to carry out the very Syria bombing that Bannon had opposed just before he was demoted by White House.
    Maybe not related, but Bannon visited Epstein's homes in NYC and Paris.

It has been reported that in the 1970s, Epstein was tax consultant for Edgar Bronfman.
    Sara Bronfman's husband Basit Igtet was involved in the overthrow of Gaddafi in the "Arab Spring".

Then there's the nephew of Ghislaine Maxwell...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    In 1984, Isabel’s and Dale’s son Alexander Djerassi was born; Ghislaine Maxwell’s nephew and also in Epstein’s little black book.
    Alexander Djerassi was a nonresident associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, where his research focused on Tunisia and U.S. foreign policy toward the Middle East and North Africa. From 2009 to 2012, Djerassi was chief of staff and special assistant in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, covering U.S. relations with Arab states, Israel, and Iran.

Alexander Djerassi worked for the State Department, when Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State (2009-2013)...
    Alex Djerassi was in charge of the State Department’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs. He worked on the Arab Spring.
    Alex Djerassi was (Clinton’s) US representative to the “rebel groups” Friends of Libya, Friends of the Syrian People, U.S.-GCC Strategic Coordination Forum and several UN General Assemblies.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6974523
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Robert Barnes believes the indictment against Bannon has no merit.

TLDR

We Build the Wall already admitted that Kolfage was being paid salary 8 months ago.

Kolfage made his "all the money goes to the wall. I take no salary" statement before the organization became a 501c non-profit. Go Fund me donors were asked if they wanted to transfer their donations out of the GoFundMe to a 501c. 93% of the donors agreed to do so.

SDNY alleges that $1 million was misused. $24 million was raised. So according to SDNY, the vast majority of the raised funds was used for legitimate purposes. Good luck convincing a jury.

None of the banking, organization, or wall building was being done in New York. SDNY has no jurisdiction.

Bannon has a history of bad administration. But bad administration is not fraud.

The SDNY prosecutors have no victim to present to the court. So, basically nobody came forward complaining about fraud.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    Robert Barnes believes the indictment against Bannon has no merit.

TLDR

We Build the Wall already admitted that Kolfage was being paid salary 8 months ago.

Kolfage made his "all the money goes to the wall. I take no salary" statement before the organization became a 501c non-profit. Go Fund me donors were asked if they wanted to transfer their donations out of the GoFundMe to a 501c. 93% of the donors agreed to do so.

SDNY alleges that $1 million was misused. $24 million was raised. So according to SDNY, the vast majority of the raised funds was used for legitimate purposes. Good luck convincing a jury.

None of the banking, organization, or wall building was being done in New York. SDNY has no jurisdiction.

Bannon has a history of bad administration. But bad administration is not fraud.

The SDNY prosecutors have no victim to present to the court. So, basically nobody came forward complaining about fraud.
    I, too, use shell companies with names like Non-Profit-1, fake invoices, and non-existent vendor agreements for services not rendered when I am doing totally legal things with non profit donations.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Am surprised he wasn’t swatted like Stone.
    Or that CNN wasn't on the scene before the arrest happened.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I, too, use shell companies with names like Non-Profit-1 [...]
    The organization is not literally named "Non-Profit-1." That is merely the designation used in the text of the indictment to specify what the indictment calls "a non-profit organization under [Bannon's] control." Likewise, GoFundMe is referenced in the indictment as "Crowdfunding Website."

See 3:06 and 3:57 in the following video for examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqiRuD3g9Fs
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-27-2020 at 01:16 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by David Freiheit (aka Viva Frei)
    I got quite the surprise notification from Mike Cernovich on Twitter that my face was featured front and centre of an SDNY letter to the judge asking that Kolfage and Bannon be reminded not to make certain public statements on the pending proceedings in which they are defendants. I tell you what... I[t] reeks of first amendment violations.
    SDNY Trying to GAG Bannon & Kolfage? Viva Frei Vlawg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJFNwXIelo

Totally worth the read. Seems Donald directed a ton of taxpayer money to the same company that Kolfage and Bannon were working with for their scam wall. Lots of people getting rich while not much actually materialized wall-wise. Of course Donald has said he didn't know anything about any of it. Grifters gonna grift.

https://tucson.com/news/local/tim-st...feac538da.html

That tucson.com site has a lot of interesting "wall" related stories.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-29-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast