Thread: Good News: Fauci’s Out and Common Sense Might Be Returning

Good News: Fauci’s Out and Common Sense Might Be Returning

Good News: Fauci’s Out and Common Sense Might Be Returning
    Written by Ron Paul - Monday August 17, 2020

These days it seems there is not much good news out there. People are still panicked over the coronavirus, governments are still trampling civil liberties in the name of fighting the virus, the economy –already teetering on the edge of collapse – has been kicked to the ground by what history may record as one of the worst man-made disasters of all time: shutting down the country to fight a cold virus.

That’s why we’ll take good news wherever we can get it, and President Trump’s hiring of Dr. Scott Atlas to his coronavirus task force may just be that good news we need. As the media has reported, President Trump has sidelined headline-hogging Anthony Fauci in favor of Atlas, the former Stanford University Medical Center chief of neuroradiology.

Recall, Fauci was the “expert” who told us a few months ago that we would never be able to shake hands again.

Fauci’s advice, forecasts, and assessments proved to be wildly wrong, contradictory, and just plain bizarre: Don’t wear a mask! You must wear a mask. Masks are important as symbols. Put on goggles. Stay home! Churches must be severely restricted but Black Lives Matter marches and encounters with strangers met over the Internet are perfectly fine.

When Anthony Fauci demanded a lockdown of the economy for an indefinite period he actually seemed oblivious to the havoc it would wreak on the economy and on people’s lives. People like Fauci and others who demanded lockdowns and stay-at-home orders were still collecting their paychecks, so what did they care about anyone else?

Dr. Scott Atlas is not only a former top physician and hospital administrator: as a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution he also understands the policy implications of locking a country down.

On April 22, Dr. Atlas wrote an op-ed in The Hill titled, “The data is in — stop the panic and end the total isolation.” In the article he made five main points that are as true today as when he wrote them: an overwhelming majority of people are at no risk of dying from Covid; protecting older people prevents hospital overcrowding; locking down a population actually prevents the herd immunity necessary to defeat the virus; people are dying because they are not being treated for non-Covid illnesses; we know what part of the population is at risk and we can protect them.

Imagine how many thousands of lives could have been saved had the Administration listened to Dr. Atlas back in April. CDC Director Robert Redfield admitted last month that lockdowns were killing more Americans than Covid. “First do no harm” was thrown out the window and nearly six months of wrong-headed policy has done perhaps irreparable harm to the country.

South Dakota and Sweden did virtually nothing to lock down or restrict their populations and they actually fared better than lockdown states in the US. They had lower death rates, their hospitals were never over-run with Covid patients, and they have an economy to go back to.

We very much hope that Dr. Atlas will not “moderate” his message to please the blob in Washington. Trump’s Covid policies to this point have caused more harm than good. With Fauci out of the driver’s seat we finally have a chance of turning things around.
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...-be-returning/
    Copyright © 2020 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.

Please donate to the Ron Paul Institute
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I missed this and am going to shamelessly repost in GP.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I might actually have some respect for Trump if he took this guy's advice and unequivocally denounced lockdowns and mandatory masks. He also might easily secure re-election that way, as that's just the talk so many of us are hungry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    I might actually have some respect for Trump if he took this guy's advice and unequivocally denounced lockdowns and mandatory masks. He also might easily secure re-election that way, as that's just the talk so many of us are hungry to hear.
    You are new here and probably missed it. Or, because you are hungry like some here on this site, you probably turned a blind eye. Yes, Trump wants re-elected, so he put on the routine dog and pony show of outing Fauci -----> AFTER awarding Moderna and other bio-tech companies BILLIONS of Tax-Payer Dollars. I have posted many a thread on the Welfare payments to those companies if you use the search function.

Also, new Contracts abound between Clear and TSA. But, well, TSA is such a part of our lives now, nobody, including trump, even cares.

Still hungry for more?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    You are new here and probably missed it. Or, because you are hungry like some here on this site, you probably turned a blind eye. Yes, Trump wants re-elected, so he put on the routine dog and pony show of outing Fauci -----> AFTER awarding Moderna and other bio-tech companies BILLIONS of Tax-Payer Dollars. I have posted many a thread on the Welfare payments to those companies if you use the search function.

Also, new Contracts abound between Clear and TSA. But, well, TSA is such a part of our lives now, nobody, including trump, even cares.

Still hungry for more?

*Le Sigh* Hungry for some kind of hope, yes I am. But, just as in the time of King Obama, hope is not a strategy and change specifies no direction.

One might hope, however, that a supposed iconoclast like Trump might finally truly break rank and give the game away. I know it's mostly kabuki theater, and behind the face-paint, the ruling population of the District of Criminals is just a swarm of vampires. Powerless as we seem, so many of us just wait for a sunrise that will never come.

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    *Le Sigh* Hungry for some kind of hope, yes I am. But, just as in the time of King Obama, hope is not a strategy and change specifies no direction.

One might hope, however, that a supposed iconoclast like Trump might finally truly break rank and give the game away. I know it's mostly kabuki theater, and behind the face-paint, the ruling population of the District of Criminals is just a swarm of vampires. Powerless as we seem, so many of us just wait for a sunrise that will never come.
    Click here: An Agorist Primer

1st of 4 Chapters:

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

1st of 4 Chapters:

I think taxation is more about control. They could just print the money and inflate more without taxation.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

1st of 4 Chapters:

Sorry for the delay.

I agree in principle with the idea that taxation in general is theft (unless you want to fund gov't programs, which some do; Stephen King comes to mind) and we'd all be better off being able to voluntarily select and fund pursuits and institutions that have our best interests in mind.

That said, I think Danke, here, has a point. The rampant borrowing from the Fed is absolutely unsustainable (and nonsensical, I might add), and will likely result in a systemic collapse well before we'd ever get enough people to become "agorists". (Afterwards, however...) Despite what one might think, the systems of taxation compliance enforcement are pretty effective. They can and will take anything you own. Furthermore, they've set "We the People" against each other by making half of the population dependent, in some way, on taxes paid by the other half. This dependence must be addressed and corrected before sweeping changes for the better can be made. This was done deliberately, of course, as those dependent people will fight tooth-and-nail to maintain their "entitlements".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.