Thread: A Christian Approaches Me in a Park

A Christian Approaches Me in a Park

I think Patrick Smith's take on this whole thing at the very beginning of this video is spot on. A whole lot more of us need to have the kind of courage of our convictions that this poor guy does, both in simply spreading the word and in "taking it to the streets" in other ways.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Interesting video. I'm glad the atheist at least appreciated what the Christian was attempting to do and his polite approach. I agree that this is a good example for voluntarists to follow. It's interesting, we are studying witnessing in Sabbath school. (The SDA equivalent of Sunday school). This past weeks lesson was about sharing the Word and that while nature does show God's handiwork, you won't get any results from talking about nature alone. As Paul discovered after mixed results discussing philosophy on Mars Hill, the best thing to do it share "Christ and Him crucified." Talk about your personal testimony and relate it to the Bible. And there are many pro liberty passages in the Bible. Here are my two favorites that mirror each other.

Jeremiah 31:31-34,Hebrews 8:8-12

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The same passage found in the Old and New Testament where God promises a new covenant where law is "written in the heart" and so people are moral from the inside and opposed to morality being forced from the outside. A truly moral people need no external laws. You don't need, for example, a law saying "It's illegal to steal" in a moral society. Nobody will want to take what doesn't belong to him, and nobody would feel the "need" to steal because anyone who had extra wouldn't sit back and let someone else starve. And you wouldn't have to worry about freeloaders because nobody would want to just sit back and receive a handout because that isn't moral either.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake
    You don't need, for example, a law saying "It's illegal to steal" in a moral society.
    Good luck with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Good luck with that one.
    LOL. It's hard to imagine because we don't live in a moral society. We value things more than we value people. Why do people steal? It comes down to two reasons. Greed or need. I want that new iPhone. I need something to eat. Look at the Christian belief about heaven. Streets of gold. Gates of pearl. The tree of life that everyone can eat from. No need there obviously. But greed can't be allowed in or you'd have potholes from people digging up the streets.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.