Thread: Denver Public School District - "Pandemic Pods" harmful, potentially racist

Denver Public School District - "Pandemic Pods" harmful, potentially racist

https://www.dpsk12.org/board-of-educ...the-community/

It’s also important to recognize the impact of unenrolling children from their school and/or hiring private teachers. We are deeply concerned about the pods’ long-term negative implications for public education and social justice.

We know that Denver has a history of school segregation brought on by the white flight and more affluent families from the district. While today our student body is as diverse as ever, our schools and communities suffer from segregation. We fear that further flight will exacerbate academic and opportunity gaps among our children.
    Better to do as we tell you than to band together with your neighbors and see to the educational needs of your children.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    It’s also important to recognize the impact of unenrolling children from their school and/or hiring private teachers. We are deeply concerned about the pods’ long-term negative implications for public education and social justice.

We know that Denver has a history of school segregation brought on by the white flight and more affluent families from the district. While today our student body is as diverse as ever, our schools and communities suffer from segregation. We fear that further flight will exacerbate academic and opportunity gaps among our children.
    Wonder who penned that and what agenda they're pushing......

"Opportunity gaps" are what all conscientious parents strive to provide for their children, stop whining!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "Opportunity gaps" are what all conscientious parents strive to provide for their children, stop whining!
    I recognize that there may be lots of parents out there who may not care very much about whether their child can read, write, and perform basic arithmetic. Not my problem.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1597409478406.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	570.3 KB 
ID:	7689
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Way too much hair to be me! Popcorn get under dentures.

XNN

If you do organize a pod, please confirm the safety of all children within the pod. Ask if guns exist in the house and if they are stored safely
    What a load of academia horse$#@!...and not just that.

We know that Denver has a history of school segregation brought on by the white flight and more affluent families from the district. While today our student body is as diverse as ever, our schools and communities suffer from segregation. We fear that further flight will exacerbate academic and opportunity gaps among our children. There are approximately 92,000 DPS students. Sixty-three percent (63%) of students qualify for free-and-reduced price lunches. Twenty-five percent (25%) of students identify as white. Twelve percent (12%) receive Special Education services. Thirty-six percent (36%) of students receive English Language Acquisition services. It is commendable that some pod organizers are looking to create diversity and equity within their pod, but many will find this difficult due to decades of racist residential zoning policies that have created segregated neighborhoods throughout Denver. For pods to reflect the demographics of the district, there must be three students-of-color for every one white student, two students who qualify for free-and-reduced price lunch for everyone who does not, at least one student who receives Special Education services and at least one student who receives English Language Acquisition services.
    Now you know what all those flabby white lesbians will be doing for a living in another five years, once they get tired of raising hell in the streets with BLM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Colorado educrat doubles down on Denver policy. Parents seeking educational alternatives equivalent to alien body snatchers.

https://nepc.colorado.edu/blog/lessons-pandemics

Hollywood told us in 1956 that the “pod people” are determined to subdue the entire planet, replacing each person with an alien surrogate devoid of feelings and personality. Those human traits keep individuals from pursuing their best interests, the Pod People explain in “Invasion of the Body Snatchers.”

Meanwhile, the pandemic pods are teaching us one more crucial lesson: cavernous societal inequality creates opportunity gaps for children and is exacerbated in times of crisis. The pods indeed stand as a clear example of what sociologist Charles Tilly described as opportunity hoarding, where the advantaged use their resources to secure more advantage for themselves and their families or “cliques."

XNN

As the public school Administrative Super-State gets a re-boot and big sack of money with the incoming B-H Administration, I expect to see more of these types of stories from parents about how they turned their children into privileged racists by turning to pandemic pods.

Parents tell the truth about their COVID-19 learning pods

But to Jane, this looked a lot like creating a pod of mostly white students who were getting a better education than their peers. She also thought the other mom’s safety concerns seemed hypocritical, given that she had tried to throw a kindergarten graduation party in June. In response to a group email proposing the pod, Jane tossed off what she knows, in hindsight, was a pretty rude email. “I thought it was just coming from a place of privilege and it was obnoxious. So I wrote back saying, ‘Here’s some articles you can read about how learning pods are really problematic, especially for underserved communities and people of color.’ A little bit like, You’re an idiot; here’s some stuff you can read to be less of an idiot.”
    Asking for forgiveness from the woke crowd ought to play real well.

XNN

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.