Thread: Trump announces 'Historic Peace Agreement' between Israel, UAE

Trump announces 'Historic Peace Agreement' between Israel, UAE

President Trump on Thursday announced what he called a “Historic Peace Agreement” between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, saying they agreed to “full normalization of relations.”

“HUGE breakthrough today! Historic Peace Agreement between our two GREAT friends, Israel and the United Arab Emirates!” Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

The president, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed released a joint statement Thursday, after the three spoke “and agreed to the full normalization of relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.” The statement said that the “diplomatic breakthrough” was at “the request of President Trump,” and that Israel will “suspend declaring sovereignty over areas outlined in the President’s Vision for Peace and focus its efforts now on expanding ties with other countries in the Arab and Muslim world.”

Israel and the UAE also said they will continue their efforts to “achieve a just, comprehensive and enduring resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.”

“This historic diplomatic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East region and is a testament to the bold diplomacy and vision of the three leaders and the courage of the United Arab Emirates and Israel to chart a new path that will unlock the great potential in the region,” the statement read. “All three countries face many common challenges and will mutually benefit from today’s historic achievement.”

Delegations from Israel and the UAE are expected to meet in the coming weeks to “sign bilateral agreements regarding investment, tourism, direct flights, security, telecommunications, technology, energy, healthcare, culture, the environment, the establishment of reciprocal embassies, and other areas of mutual benefit.” “Opening direct ties between two of the Middle East’s most dynamic societies and advanced economies will transform the region by spurring economic growth, enhancing technological innovation, and forging closer people-to-people relations,” the statement also read.

Trump on Thursday said he had a call with Israel and the United Arab Emirates. The president told reporters Israel and the UAE will “begin cooperation across the board,” along with exchanging embassies and ambassadors. The president said he expected other countries to follow the UAE’s lead on this effort to cooperate with Israel going forward.

The president said the action would be known as the “Abraham Accord,” named for the “father of all three great faiths.”

“No person better symbolizes the potential for unity of these three great faiths,” U.S. Ambassador to Israel David Friedman said from the Oval Office Thursday.

The president went on to joke that he “wanted to call it the Donald J. Trump accord,” which received laughs in the room.

“I didn’t do that,” Trump added, again touting the historic importance of the agreement.

“We are already discussing this with other nations,” Trump said. “So, you will probably see others of these.”

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...eace-agreement
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    gee

i didnt see that comming
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...76068576215040

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I thought they were already in an anti Iran/Syria/Shia alliance. Next thing you tell me Saudi Arabia is trying to join.

This is great news for our closest mideast ally and top donors of MAGA campaign and probably second biggest foreign policy deal behind NKorea deal couple of years ago. Historic First Son-in-law Kushner picked Nat Sec Advisor O Brien is already talking Nobel Peace Prize. Would it happen... time will tell.

Practically speaking, how will this impact war mongering alliences in the region, they get a 3rd pardner with its own war crimes history for future Blackwater type projects?

She also works with Erik Prince at Frontier Resources Group (FRG), based in the United Arab Emirates, and a subsidiary of the Chinese-majority owned Frontier Services Group (FSG).
    Prince, the founder of Frontier Services Group, previously known as Blackwater, helped the United Arab Emirates train a South American mercenary army to fight for the Saudi-UAE coalition war in Yemen for $529 million.

Most importantly, what does it do for America-First?
    $6 Trillion Iraqi Freedom War following 9/11 ( that according to FBI findings were motivated by Palestinian-Israel factors) that ended up wiping out GOP as evangelical base political party for forseeable decades had nothing to do with Israel-UAE issues.
    Does this end 6 decades Israeli occupation and provides equal rights to Palestinians in occupied areas thus lower future blowbacks risks?

foreign interests Aug. 13, 2020

UAE Strikes Peace Deal With Israel, Sells Out Palestinians

By Eric Levitz@EricLevitz

No justice, possibly peace. Photo: Brendan Smialowski/AFP via Getty Images

The United Arab Emirates established full diplomatic ties with Israel Thursday, becoming the first Gulf Arab nation to normalize relations with Jerusalem.
    Since its founding in 1971, the UAE had withheld recognition from Israel due to its occupation of Palestinian territories. Over the ensuing decades, the popularity of the Palestinian cause among UAE residents, the political utility of anti-Zionism to the nation’s authoritarian regime, and a sense of solidarity with the largely Arab Palestinian people kept such diplomatic recognition at bay.
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...palestine.html

Related

Robert O’Brien says Trump should be ‘front-runner’ for Nobel Peace Prize
    August 13, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Most importantly, what does it do for America-First?
    It reduces the excuse for us to be helping Israel.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/yosefyisrael25/s...01194931822592

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/statu...76068576215040

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Who decided that an excuse is needed to save American troops lives and American interests?
    That seems very beta thinking ( or top donors influenced, not convinced on Epstein/Maxwell intimidation manipulation theries) , an alpha would be able to put America-First without excuses.

It begins... Top U.S. General Says We Pay a Price for Backing Israel

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Who decided that an excuse is needed to save American troops lives and American interests?
    That seems very beta thinking ( or top donors influenced, not convinced on Epstein/Maxwell intimidation manipulation theries) , an alpha would be able to put America-First without excuses.

It begins... Top U.S. General Says We Pay a Price for Backing Israel
    The excuse is used by the losers who exert political pressure to keep us helping Israel, Trump is eliminating the excuse.

You lose.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is big. The Middle East hasn't looked this positive in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I am certainly sure that bringing the Sunni wahhabi powers together in an alliance with Israel will bring about nothing but peace in the middle east. I didn't even know they were enemies before this peace deal

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It will not do such a thing, when was the last time the US intervened in an Israel vs UAE dispute. Or Israel vs any sunni nation dispute? If anything, it will increase our involvement in the ME. This will only bring in UAE into our entangling alliance with Israel, something George Washington warned us against. Thank you Trump for doing something no American patriot had ever asked for.

If you asked me, he should be focusing on the pandemic and fighting the people who are banning HCQ and destroying the American economy. Not saying one cannot multitask but those should be his #1 priority

Why don’t you try to tell that to the suffering Yemenis.

A thousand children dying every single week from starvation since 2016 – with the support of the US, UK, UN, and of course the Saudis and UAE: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6863524
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

A thousand children dying every single week from starvation since 2016 – with the support of the US, UK, UN, and of course the Saudis and UAE: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6863524
    I'm well aware of Yemen but, it's not just about them. You ever hear of Madeleine Albright?

I'm well aware of Yemen but, it's not just about them. You ever hear of Madeleine Albright?
    I vaguely remember a story of the US ambassador giving (CIA asset turned boogeyman) Saddam permission to invade Kuwait...

Then after years of carpet bombs (precision, high tech!) and sanctions it was Albright who admitted that the half a million dying Iraqi children were worth it (how many died in Yemen?).

Then years later Bush Jr finished the takeover of Iraq, where "we" have again fought for "freedom" and "democrazy" (Bush/Cheney's Halliburton making a huge profit).
    Just like in nr. 1 heroin exporter in the world, Afghanistan!

There was also an incident with the brother of Trump's Education Secretary Erik Prince's BlackWater, who has a second home in the UAE, and trains South American mercenaries for the war against Yemen.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 08-15-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post

UAE is clashing with Saudi Arabia in Yemen:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...ed-combatants/

Glad to see you know what you are talking about, though.

After the Trump-administration forged a peace treaty between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), President Donald Trump signaled that other Arab nations might follow. The first out of the gate is Sudan. A Sudanese Foreign Ministry spokesman told Sky News Arabia that “we are looking forward to a reciprocal peace agreement with Israel based on the interests of Sudan without sacrificing our values.”

More at: https://www.libertynation.com/sudan-...y-with-israel/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bahrain has become the latest Arab nation to agree to normalize ties with Israel as part of a broader diplomatic push by President Donald Trump and his administration to further ease the Jewish state's relative isolation in the Middle East and find common ground with nations that share its wariness of Iran.

Trump announced the agreement on Friday, following a three-way phone call he had with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. The three leaders also issued a brief joint statement.

More at: https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...t-to-be-signed

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

About time he gets Nobel Peace Prize medal for this historic deal.
    Besides, if Globalist Neocon Adelson can be given 'Freedom Medal', what is the case for not giving him a Nobel Peace Prize?

Peace through weapons sales to the UAE

By Ariel Gold September 9, 2020
    Next week, Donald Trump will host a ceremonial signing of the Israel-United Arab Emirates deal to normalize relations between the two countries. The deal has been condemned by many for failing to secure even a single concession for Palestinians. But shortly after the deal was announced, another downside — and perhaps the U.S.’s primary motivation for pursuing the deal — came sharply into focus: tens of billions of dollars in UAE weapons sales.

Developing...

'Historic Peace Agreement' between Israel, Saudi dictator next?

President Trump Says U.S. Would Be 'Foolish' to Cancel Saudi Arms Deals
    October 13, 2018
    (Bloomberg)—President Donald Trump said the U.S. would be “foolish” to cancel arms deals with Saudi Arabia in response to the controversy surrounding the fate of Washington Post writer Jamal Khashoggi.
    http://time.com/5424150/trump-saudi-arabia-arms-deal/

Under shroud of secrecy US weapons arrive in Yemen despite Congressional outrage

Trump urges Virginians to support Republican candidates, citing 'defense and other work I brought to you'
    By Jessica Campisi - 11/05/19
    President Trump on Tuesday urged voters in Virginia to support Republican candidates as they cast ballots in the state’s highly anticipated legislative elections, citing “massive” work he’s brought to the area and lashing out at the Democratic Party.“Virginia, with all of the massive amount of defense and other work I brought to you, and with everything planned, go out and vote Republican today,” he tweeted.

Money drenched in blood: US made weapons sold around the world

“For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; from prophet to priest, all practice deceit. They dress the wound of My people with very little care, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace at all. Are they ashamed of the abomination they have committed? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; when I punish them, they will collapse,” says the LORD.…
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

And now Trump is being nominated for Nobel Peace Prize after this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge