Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden chooses California Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate

Joe Biden chooses California Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So now you know who the next president is going to be.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Trump just won the election. I did not think it would be so soon.

I wonder why are the Democrats surrendering to Trump?

Well at least it keeps the Clintons out of the White House either way.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You think so?
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

I wonder why are the Democrats surrendering to Trump?

Well at least it keeps the Clintons out of the White House either way.
    Election fraud makes all things possible.

Edit: Obligatory Joe/Blow 2020
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You think so?
    I think people were banking on a strong VP since universally it is believed Biden is out to lunch. Other than having the support of Neocons in both parties she is an incredibly weak figure and has a horrible civil liberties record. How possibly do Democrats get on board with a candidate that has such a horrible BLM civil liberties record when Trump is a better Democrat. That is unless I am underestimating massive voter ignorance and it is all about skin color again.

The worst possible $#@!ing choice. I'm not surprised, I've been saying it's Harris or Rice for a while, but Rice would have been a better selection. This country is in dire straits until the return of the king, which I hope happens sooner rather than later.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    The worst possible $#@!ing choice. I'm not surprised, I've been saying it's Harris or Rice for a while, but Rice would have been a better selection. This country is in dire straits until the return of the king, which I hope happens sooner rather than later.
    Maybe they thought Rice would be tied up in some kind of legal battle.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The cognitive dissonance of "party politics" continues. The Democratic Party is planning to nominate a prosecutor who put a lot of black and hispanic folks in jail and climbed her way to the top by whoring herself out to powerful people. LOL, that's a candidate that BLM and #metoo can be very proud of.

And will the GOP continue to support sweeping executive orders and police state round-ups if President Harris is in control? Ahhh incrementalism.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I wonder how BLM and abolish the cops-style leftists are going to react to this. Harris is deeply unpopular on that side of the left. There were all sorts of people even on RPF who were saying that Harris' past as a prosecutor made her too radioactive to pick in this climate. They were wrong.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I was really hoping it’d be Rice just to bring Obamagate into the MSM conversation. Really glad it wasn’t my bitch Gov. Whitmer.

So it looks as though Harris will be the first female president, because via voter fraud, and people sitting this one out, Biden I think will beat Trump; Biden will die in office... Welcome Madam President.

A black woman... pretty much sums up her qualifications.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Election fraud makes all things possible.

Edit: Obligatory Joe/Blow 2020
    Beat me to it. Will she offer BJs to everyone who votes for her?

<insert Madonna quote here>
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The more I think about this pick, it makes no sense. Kamala is a Neocon's dream candidate for President. It does not help them win with her as a VP candidate since it makes for a weak ticket and overall the Neocons lose in November. However Kamala on top of the ticket makes it easier for propagandists to erase her civil rights record and promote her as the first female black President.

IDK, maybe Biden is going to step down at some point and Kamala will be at the top of the ticket. Then a strong white male as VP, maybe even crossing party lines to do so to put them over the top.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-11-2020 at 03:08 PM.

called it. The media will cover for her record 24/7.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This pick might make sense if Biden was trying to pivot to a 90s Democrat tough on crime candidate to appeal to moderates, but I can't see Biden making that switch in this climate. $#@! though, maybe he thinks it is 1994. Literally.

#HOTDAMN lets GET ON THE freedom train!!!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    The more I think about this pick, it makes no sense. Kamala is a Neocon's dream candidate for President. It does not help them win with her as a VP candidate since it makes for a weak ticket and overall the Neocons lose in November. However Kamala on top of the ticket makes it easier for propagandists to erase her civil rights record and promote her as the first female black President.

IDK, maybe Biden is going to step down at some point and Kamala will be at the top of the ticket. Then a strong white male as VP, maybe even crossing party lines to do so to put them over the top.
    �� Hmmm... now that is a thought. Calling Tim Cane again.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    �� Hmmm... now that is a thought. Calling Tim Cane again.
    Too weak. Maybe someone like Romney figuring Trump will crush them unless they cross over.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Well maybe my Gov. Whitmer will stop trying to gain National attention and attention from the Biden camp and start backing down on her draconian rule here in Michigan... here’s hoping.

I can't imagine that a pick like Harris goes over well with the far-left that are gung-ho on defunding the police and so on. Whether this energizes their base or whether Harris has a knockout debate performance against Pence, I don't know, but given how Harris didn't even win her own state, coupled with the baggage she brings, I don't see this being a knockout pick. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Biden believed that Harris was the best pick and could help catapult the campaign to victory in November, even though you've still got many far-left types feeling that Bernie was once again screwed out of the nomination.

Either way, it doesn't seem like the universal glowing praise that I'm assuming the Left wanted.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Too weak. Maybe someone like Romney figuring Trump will crush them unless they cross over.
    Na, he’s too “conservative” in the eyes of the boobus. She’ll pick Jimmy McMillan or Vermin Supreme.
    Last edited by KEEF; 08-11-2020 at 03:22 PM.

The other thing to remember is she's black (kinda), but not "ADOS." Her ancestors were not American slaves. That will definitely be relevant to certain parts of the left.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You think so?
    This is the same Harris that has being backing and supporting the "Peaceful Protest" The fact that the DNC would be featuring andrew cuomo along guests with Bill Clinton.

Kamala was the swampiest option available (other then Hillary).

I've never thought that Joe would make it to the actual election. But there was always the possibility they would ride old Biden all the way through, and then have him step down soon after inauguration. We shall see. At a minimum, he put Kamala into the mix no matter what happens.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm so happy I could schit.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Kamala was the swampiest option available (other then Hillary).

I've never thought that Joe would make it to the actual election. But there was always the possibility they would ride old Biden all the way through, and then have him step down soon after inauguration. We shall see. At a minimum, he put Kamala into the mix no matter what happens.
    The last time I posted here before today there was thread where I said I just do not see Joe making it to election day. But a pre or on inauguration step down would have the ignorant masses crying what a great man for race relations in doing so and solidifies his place in the history books. That scenario would depend on pre-election internal polling and not the polling no one believes of Biden being way ahead like Hillary.

Super Joe should have picked Javanka.

And split the trumpkin libtard vote.
    Last edited by RonZeplin; 08-11-2020 at 04:15 PM. Reason: split
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast