Thread: Tee-Vee Good grief!

Tee-Vee Good grief!

It's been years since I tried to watch commercial Tee-Vee, out of curiosity I clicked on Teh Newz NBC variety via Youtube...

Covid panic, "systemic racism" and anti-Trump propaganda right off the bat..

Needless to say I turned it off, refilled my coffee cup and went out to the shop..

Boards-n-rock-n-roll are more to my liking than that BS.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    It's been years since I tried to watch commercial Tee-Vee, out of curiosity I clicked on Teh Newz NBC variety via Youtube...

Needless to say I turned it off, refilled my coffee cup and went out to the shop..

Same. Don't watch that slime. It's rotted too many brains already. And you'll find it on every network. Because they are all owned by a handful of entities that march in lock-step.

I don't know how anybody can put up and watch that garbage.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's called "programming" for a reason.

When I'm subjected to it I'm not sure which is worse...the content or the preachy, "woke AF" advertising.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

When I'm subjected to it I'm not sure which is worse...the content or the preachy, "woke AF" advertising.
    I quit MSM back in the late 70's early 80's because of the advertising more than the slanted reporting.....Even today I don't do their adds so I can only ASSume what "woke AF" entails...

I quit MSM back in the late 70's early 80's because of the advertising more than the slanted reporting.....Even today I don't do their adds so I can only ASSume what "woke AF" entails...
    "Woke As $#@!"...extremely politically correct advertising.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

"Woke As $#@!"...extremely politically correct advertising.
    I grasp the concept it's the execution I'll avoid like the plague.

I grasp the concept it's the execution I'll avoid like the plague.
    For good reason...it's pretty maddening to be subjected to it.

Half an hour of that dreck and I start feeling like Alex in Clockwork Orange.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

For anyone that hasn't tried it (doesn't apply to you Tod), try a week without consuming any kind of news about the world. You'd almost forget that the world is a big mess...
    "I am a bird"

I keep an eye on local and network “news” just to see the propaganda and talking points being force fed to the ignorant masses on a daily basis. The big problem is that the ignorant masses have no idea that it is propaganda.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Last time I watched cable TV of any sort, I started feeling like the TV shows were interrupting the commercials. Why anyone wants to pay $80/month or more to watch 30 seconds of TV for every 2 minutes of ads is baffling.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    For anyone that hasn't tried it (doesn't apply to you Tod), try a week without consuming any kind of news about the world. You'd almost forget that the world is a big mess...
    This is pretty much what I do on a daily basis.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

amen. And then step outside and get together with your neighbors (if they aren't political that is..) Everybody thinks the world is crazy and everyone finds a normalization to what goes on their little corner of the world.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Agree. I took my wife and girls up to the Michigan U.P., our focus on that week was waterfalls, really cool rocks, and stream ecology with plenty of bugs. No news for one week, my stress levels were so low, it was great.

Haven't watched it in almost 15 years now. When there is family around I happen to catch snippets and yes, it is far worse than anything I could have ever imagined. Not only is the "programming" bad, filled with constant fear, and telling everyone all is lost and doomed, but even the endless commercials advertising vaccines, pharma drugs, covid-1984 panic, Donald "Hitler v2.0" Trump are just as bad if not worse. And you can see this just passing by over a few minutes.

Glad I opted out when I did, making that decision single handedly added 10-20 years onto my life expectancy.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Agree. I took my wife and girls up to the Michigan U.P., our focus on that week was waterfalls, really cool rocks, and stream ecology with plenty of bugs. No news for one week, my stress levels were so low, it was great.
    Yup, it can be amazingly refreshing to just opt out of everything, including internet news and happenings, we are supposed to be consuming. The healing effects are almost instantaneous.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, those are the top 3... nuthin else you need to know any more... unless of course we start another war somewhere.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yup, it can be amazingly refreshing to just opt out of everything, including internet news and happenings, we are supposed to be consuming. The healing effects are almost instantaneous.
    So true. At first I’d look at my cell phone and be like “Damn, no service...” but then, walking those trails and enjoying family time made me soon forget to care. Just took a lot of pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I keep an eye on local and network “news” just to see the propaganda and talking points being force fed to the ignorant masses on a daily basis. The big problem is that the ignorant masses have no idea that it is propaganda.
    You have to check it out sometimes in order to know which kind of crap is currently being pushed.
    ...Still it's true that life is better when you completely ignore them.
    Last edited by Valli6; 08-11-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Yeah, TV is such a vast wasteland. Even watching it for a few minutes can get irritating enough...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

I am ready to ditch all subscriptions and cable. I hardly watch any more anyway due to their politics and belief system. My TV is old and I saw some good deals but then I thought what's the point. If I chucked out my TV it would make no difference in my life.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-13-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Everyone you see on it holds the same philosophy otherwise they would not be there. That includes the majority of those that are presented otherwise.