Thread: Kanye West’s presidential bid bolstered by Republican operatives in at least five states

Post Kanye West’s presidential bid bolstered by Republican operatives in at least five states

Interesting move by Republicans if confirmed as non-fakenews:

Kanye West’s presidential bid bolstered by Republican operatives in at least five states

Trump told reporters that he had “nothing to do” with helping West get on the ballot

President Trump responded during an Aug. 5 briefing at the White House to a reporter's question about efforts to get rapper Kanye West on presidential ballots. (The Washington Post)
    August 9, 2020

One elector trying to get rapper Kanye West on the presidential ballot in Wisconsin is married to a former chairwoman of a Republican county committee and was photographed with President Trump at his inaugural.
    In Arkansas, a Republican operative who signed West’s ballot petition was at one point interviewed to be Trump’s campaign manager for his 2016 bid.
    And West’s ballot petition in Ohio was signed by a lawyer who has previously represented state Republican campaign committees.

West’s presidential effort has largely sputtered since he formally filed to run as an independent candidate representing the “Birthday Party” in July. He has held just one campaign rally last month in North Charleston, S.C., where heappeared onstage wearing a bulletproof vest and broke down in tears, prompting his wife, Kim Kardashian West, to post messages on Instagram asking for the public’s “compassion and empathy” as he struggles with bipolar disorder.
    Kim Kardashian addresses Kanye West’s mental health, asks for ‘compassion and empathy’

President Trump meets with West in the Oval Office in 2018. (Calla Kessler/The Washington Post)
    But in at least five states, Republican activists and operatives — including some who have publicly supported Trump anda lawyer who has worked for his 2020 campaign— have been involved with efforts to try to get rapper on the November ballot, according to an examination by The Washington Post of public filings and social media posts. Their involvementraises the specter that his candidacy is being propped upby aGOP-driven effort to siphon votes from presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.
    Trump told reporters this past week he had “nothing to do” with helping West get on the ballot but added that he likes West “very much.”

washingtonpost.com/politics/kanye-west-ballot-campaign-gop/2020/08/09/bfc8e58a-d8ce-11ea-9c3b-dfc394c03988_story.html

Related

Days after donating $2M to BLM, Kanye calls out Trump: 'How about we stop hiding in bunkers?'

Trump pal Kanye accuses his wife Kim Kardashian and her mother of 'white supremacy'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who do want? Kan!-Ye!

When do we want him? Now!

Kan!-Ye!

Kan!-Ye!

Kan!-Ye!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I'd love to see Kanye on the debate stage.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Lol, they would never let Kanye and Trump on the debate stage against Biden.. It would be a complete disaster for Biden.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    It would be epic.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 08-09-2020 at 09:39 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    It would be epic.
    Kanye would be the most quotable person in that debate.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Kanye is probably the most conservative candidate in the race TBH.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I think it would do him good. He's so misunderstood.

Why, if someone is good in one field can they not be accepted or given the slightest opportunity to express and be creative in other fields?

Kanye West
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 08-10-2020 at 09:03 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?

Kanye West

Nothing in life is promised except death.

Kanye West

They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus, that means guns, sex, lies, video tapes, but if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?

Kanye West

It was a strike against me that I didn't wear baggy jeans and jerseys and that I never hustled, never sold drugs.

Kanye West

Black people can be the most conservative, the most discriminating. Especially among ourselves. It wasn't white people who said all black men have to wear baggy jeans.

Kanye West

I would hear stories about Steve Jobs and feel like he was at 100 percent exactly what he wanted to do, but I'm sure even a Steve Jobs has compromised. Even a Rick Owens has compromised. You know, even a Kanye West has compromised. Sometimes you don't even know when you're being compromised till after the fact, and that's what you regret.

Kanye West

I'm not always going to say things the perfect way, the right way. But I'm going to say how I feel.

Kanye West

The dinosaurs aren't remembered for much more than their bones. When humanity's gone, what do we give to this little planet that we're on, and what could we do collectively, removing the pride?

Kanye West

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All these walls that keep us from loving each other as one family or one race - racism, religion, where we grew up, whatever, class, socioeconomic - what makes us be so selfish and prideful, what keeps us from wanting to help the next man, what makes us be so focused on a personal legacy as opposed to the entire legacy of a race.

Kanye West

I used to have insecurity about my finances, then I announced that I had debt, and now I don't have any insecurities.

Kanye West

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    ^This.

Now Biden could try to use Kamala Harris to break away some of Kanye's vote bank, interesting elections ahead.
    Imagine if Trump places Kanye as an advisor?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, they would never let Kanye and Trump on the debate stage against Biden.. It would be a complete disaster for Biden.
    Obviously Kanye being on the debate stage isn't going to happen, but goddamn it would be the greatest thing to ever happen on a debate stage if it did.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 08-11-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Calvin Coolidge