Thread: MI - Rashid Tlaib handily wins primary challenge

Exclamation MI - Rashid Tlaib handily wins primary challenge

Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib defeats challenger in Democratic primary

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...c-primary.html

Updated 10:24 AM; Today 10:24 Am
    By Emily Lawler | elawler@mlive.com

First-term U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Detroit, bested Democratic challenger Brenda Jones in Michigan’s left-leaning 13th Congressional District on Tuesday.

The Associated Press named Tlaib the winner after results in 400 of 447 precincts had been counted Wednesday. Tlaib had garnered 66 percent of the vote, with 61,090 ballots cast in her favor, compared to Jones’ 34 percent share with 31,487 votes.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sharia Law is coming to michigan!

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I wonder how the total vote count compares to election past. It is possible that some moderate democrats are walking away from the party
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Sharia Law is coming to michigan!
    People have not put Marxism and Sharia together yet. BLM (the movement) is filled with Muslims. Their goal is Sharia Marxism, and they hope to use the naive, ignorant atheist Marxists to help them.

Pretty standard procedure in revolutions. Once the existing structure is overthrown, then come the purges of former fellow revolutionaries.

Who would win the battle? The Islamic Faction or the Atheist Faction? (I am just assuming that the Christian Marxist Faction will be crushed and purged long before that).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Leaders of ISIS and the Taliban have called the recent U.S. trend of angry mobs destroying statues “inspiring but a bit amateur,” and agreed to send advisers to Antifa and other far-left groups on how to erase historical artifacts. “Destroying all art, culture and history from previous eras is obviously constructive,” said ISIS leader Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi. “But they’ve got to do it in a more dramatic way. We beheaded statues with a sword. The Taliban blew up ancient Buddhas with dynamite. Tying a statue to a truck and dragging it down just doesn’t have the same dramatic effect.”
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/08/...rican-history/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I wonder how the total vote count compares to election past. It is possible that some moderate democrats are walking away from the party
    Certainly hope this is the case. The Democratic Party has gone batsht crazy that's theres no way anybody can still be appealed by it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Certainly hope this is the case. The Democratic Party has gone batsht crazy that's theres no way anybody can still be appealed by it.
    The general population has gone bat $#@! crazy...so it makes sense to elect bat $#@! crazy representation.

And it's only bat $#@! crazy to people like us...weirdos and refuseniks and lunatic fringers.

Your average AmeriKunt wants this, they have been convinced that Marxist authoritarianism is cool, hip and the next "in" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    2020 Dem Primary

Tlaib (D) 61,090 66%
    Jones (D) 31,487 34%

Total votes: 92,577

2018 General

Tlaib (D) 165,355 84.2%
    Johnson (W) 22,186 11.3%
    Wilcoxon (G) 7,980 4.1%

Total votes: 195,521

2018 Dem Primary

Tlaib (D) 27,841 31.2%
    Jones (D) 26,941 30.2%
    Wild (D) 12,613 14.1%
    Young (D) 11,172 12.5%
    Conyers (D) 5,861 6.6%
    Jackson (D) 4,853 5.4%

Total votes: 89,281
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meanwhile, Republicans booted out Steve King in a primary. 'Cause muh optics and all.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    2020 Dem Primary

Tlaib (D) 61,090 66%
    Jones (D) 31,487 34%
    Tad bit surprising, saw Drudge headline yesterday that Tlaib had been trying to be a 'rockstar' instead of focussing on issues of her constituents. Not sure if accurate or fakenews but in recent past she appeared to punch above her weight at times and bit too ambitious politically launching very harsh attacks on top leader of GOP-Adelson wing using disrespectful language: On a related note, democrats Cori Bush's and Tlaib's wins today appear to be a setback for Israel lobby/AIPAC wing of Dems and a boost for more radical pro BDS wing of Dems.

"They forgot what country they represent," Tlaib, a Palestinian American, wrote on Twitter Sunday. "This is the U.S. where boycotting is a right & part of our historical fight for freedom & equality."
    They forgot what country they represent. This is the U.S. where boycotting is a right & part of our historical fight for freedom & equality. Maybe a refresher on our U.S. Constitution is in order, then get back to opening up our government instead of taking our rights away. https://t.co/KkmqjR58ZM
    — Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) January 7, 2019

I've heard of certain religions being synonymous with Marxism. Weren't Islam though.

2018 General

Tlaib (D) 165,355 84.2%
    Johnson (W) 22,186 11.3%
    Wilcoxon (G) 7,980 4.1%
    Huh, I'll be damned...for some reason I didn't know she won in a single party district.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    2020 Dem Primary

Tlaib (D) 61,090 66%
    Jones (D) 31,487 34%

Total votes: 92,577

2018 General

Tlaib (D) 165,355 84.2%
    Johnson (W) 22,186 11.3%
    Wilcoxon (G) 7,980 4.1%

Total votes: 195,521

2018 Dem Primary

Tlaib (D) 27,841 31.2%
    Jones (D) 26,941 30.2%
    Wild (D) 12,613 14.1%
    Young (D) 11,172 12.5%
    Conyers (D) 5,861 6.6%
    Jackson (D) 4,853 5.4%

Total votes: 89,281
    Thank you sir!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Meanwhile, Republicans booted out Steve King in a primary. 'Cause muh optics and all.
    The republican party of iowa, family leadership, right to life all threw him under. Iowa is soooooo corrupt!

The farmers gotta be loving this $#@!.